Any Adopted

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GeTTeR, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Well as the title implies I am adopted. I have never really had a drive to find my "real parents" or as many say my genetic ones, but as college rapidly approaches me I'd like to meet them. Unfortunately I don't know anything. I have no clue what my mother or father's name is or even if there still in my state. I live in CT if that helps. I have no clue where to start. Tomorrow im going to call Connecticut Adoption Services and see if they will be able to direct me, but it seems like the paperwork for this sort of stuff is hard to find. I just want to meet my genetic family to understand things about me that I can't really understand. I like my family but in the back of my head I have always known that I belong somewhere else. I am appreciative of my parents don't get me wrong but I have a right to know! I don't want to disappoint my parents or offend them by asking them for clues. So anyone go through something like this? Im just looking for some direction. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Im adopted too and I never knew my real parents either. But yeah first thing I would do is to call the adoption place and see if they have any information about your real parents. If not, then I duno your parents dont know their name? Luckly for me my birth parents stayed intact with my parents for a couple years through letters to ask how I was doing and stuff in that nature. In fact I have met my dad once he came to my house when I was like 4 but I dont remember but I took a picture with him. Well best of luck finding your parents bro.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. [quote name="Grade a kush" post="19354546" timestamp="1389920696"]Im adopted too and I never knew my real parents either. But yeah first thing I would do is to call the adoption place and see if they have any information about your real parents. If not, then I duno your parents dont know their name? Luckly for me my birth parents stayed intact with my parents for a couple years through letters to ask how I was doing and stuff in that nature. In fact I have met my dad once he came to my house when I was like 4 but I dont remember but I took a picture with him. Well best of luck finding your parents bro. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]They probably do but they play dumb when I ask. Im going to try and find then. Ill keep in touch after I call tomorrow. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. My grandfather was adopted, last name would have actually been Bond lol

5. [quote name="ICGreen" post="19354836" timestamp="1389923549"]You may not gain any info into their names (unless they want you to). Have you seen this link? :smoke:http://www.ct.gov/dcf/cwp/view.asp?a=2561&Q=315232[/quote]No I was looking for this. I heard about some of the information there but this is good. Thanks man for the help!!Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app