Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Fury 360, May 15, 2010.

1. Everything you said was the truth. When i'm high I have a real understanding of things, well I always have, but it's enhanced. I was super baked one time and my roommate turned to the E! channel. I believed the show that was on was called "pretty wild".I stared at the t.v for a good minute and thought to myself "wtf am I watching, is this what reasonable people watch?" the show actually ruined my high and even my roommate said I had the most serious looking face he had ever seen. So he changed the channal and everything was well again.

2. Yeah man.. Depression is a bia..

3. I think it was also....your not alone my friend.

4. If it's really serious, you could go talk to your doctor about it(whether you want to mention marijuana use or not). If you are having social anxiety in addition to anxiety due to things such as workload and school, he may recommend xanax or another benzo(not likely).

However, I think I know what you're going through because I dealt with the same issues when I first started smoking. I had episodes while being high where I would tweak out and I found that it was mostly due to the environment or smoking with people I didn't trust. Sometimes this anxiety carried over into my regular life which had me worried, but I learned to deal with it somehow(I've always been a natural worrier).

If I were you, I would first try smoking in better environments with trustworthy people. If you think it's directly related to smoking weed, I would take a break for 2 weeks or longer and see if you notice a difference in your attitude. I would also recommend taking 5-HTP (which you can find at Walgreens) as smoking can cause an imbalance in serotonin levels in the brain possibly causing undesirable emotions.

Hope this helps!:)

5. I can empathize. I have anxiety issues so smoking made me anxious too. I was afraid I'd have to quit but I just got used to it. Also some people(like me) who smoke when they are in a bad/sad/anxious mood feel worse so make sure you are not already feeling shitty. I replied to something like this so I'll just copy my other post here.

My first time was horrific. I had sour diesl and was super drunk and had a panic attack. 2nd time I was still a little anxious but manageable. By my 5th or 6th time I didn't get anxious anymore. You just gotta give it time to get used to. Just stay away from triggers and hit it slower to find your cut off point. Also, try smoking something that's more indica dominant. Good luck. :wave:

6. i may have been through the same thing. I noticed when i would smoke out of no where i would find that my mind isnt right, i was feeling really weird. So i stopped smoking for only a week thats it and my tolerance dropped like crazy, so when i would smoke i would feel really un easy, fellings of guilt, my brian would feel like there was a clamp squeezing down on it. Then it got soo bad where i thought that i wasnt in realityy, it felt like i was having a shroom trip. Like someone could cut through the dimension right infrony of my and walk through into my room lol weird shit, but i kept smoking LOWER doses tho. Like a half bowl 2 times a day and it would keep my high for hours. Now i can smoke as much as i want with almost no feelings of anxiety. Last week tho i smoked prolly 4 grams that day and the last blunt before i went to sleep i would just be laying there and could not stop thinking about random shit. I would try so hard to turn my brain off but like under my thoughts i was still thinking. So weird but it eventually went away. good luck man, thats my anxiety story. Try smoking lower doses and just dont think man just sit back and chill.