anxiety

Discussion in 'General' started by sharpstone, Jan 17, 2009.

1. not sure if this is the right section but.. i got really bad anxiety right now and i dont know what to do about it, i dont have any weed, no xanax or valiums, and no money. any suggestions? any help is really appreciated.

2. What do you want us to suggest?
    Try to not be so dependent on those things, thats what I suggest.

3. chamomile tea and warm milk. :smoking:

4. Man up, come to the realization that not everything in life will harm you, and stop depending on substances to get you out of situations that you cant controll yourself.

5. valerian root?

6. ^^ That is awesome stuff. I have to get some-totally forgot about valerian
    thx!

7. #7 sharpstone, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2009
    im not dependant on any of those things, weed has helped other times but im definetly not dependant on weed. ive only taken xanax, and valium once before and i didnt even need them then. i was hoping that someone here could suggest things that have worked for them when they have had anxiety. idk how 'maning up' would help with anxiety maybe you misunderstood what i was saying, im guna try the tea and milk

8. easy for you to say you obviously never had anxiety

9. But trusting in a substance to deal with it isnt going to help it. Its a psychological issue, that needs to be solved through psychological means.

10. Yes actually I have, and in my experience 90 percent of it is fabricated in your mind. Once you stop feeling sorry for yourself and decide to take controll of your life, the anxiety fades away.

Has anyone noticed the great number of people making threads about anxiety, they all have one thing in common, they all smoke copious amounts of dope. Hmm let's try and put 2 and 2 together shall we, maybe marijuana is the cause of and not the solution to alot of peoples anxiety.

11. If you warm milk to a certain temp. a chemical called Tryptophan is created, It will put you to sleep like a baby.

12. i see what ur saying, it definetly is a psychological issue.. i dont know how to deal with it in that manner though, i geuss ill figure it out eventually. but elem3nt17 i dont see how i (or anybody else dealing with anxiety) is feeling sorry for myslef/themselves. maybe you dont know what anxiety is? not trying to sound like a dick

13. Anxiety is just as much physiological as it is psychological.

Sharpstone- deep, relaxing breaths are the only way I can myself out of an anxiety attack.

14. #14 Elem3nt17, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2009
    Not so much feeling sorry for yourself, but feeling like a victim. Anxiety is in your mind, and you controll your mind. Once you stop thinking anxiety has a stranglehold on you, it simply fades away. I know what anxiety is, and I have copious amounts of experience with it personally. I for one have realized that it is a fabrication of the mind, and it only controlls you because you let it.

Sorry if im being rude, but im so sick of seeing thread after thread of, "oh I have bad anxiety/social anxiety, I have no social skills, im scared of the outside world, help me fix the problem" Yet most of the people who make these threads smoke copious amounts of dope and spend large amounts of time depriving themselves of human interaction, and they all claim marijuana is the only solution to their anxiety. Well the anxiety didnt come about till you started smoking weed habitually.

I guess threads like this piss me off because I used to be in the same boat and now ive moved past it. There is nothing I could say to tell people how to help themselves, so its frustrating in a way.

15. Are you saying there is a physiological CAUSE of anxiety? Not physical effects that may be caused by anxiety, but the cause of the anxeity itself?

I realize that anxiety attacks can be paralyzing, but I was just saying that they do originate in your head.

Unless I am wrong?

16. Just because something worked for you, that doesn't mean that others will have the same results.

There are many causes of anxiety, some of them are mental and others are physiological. Some anxiety is easy to get under control, other times- not so much.

He's trying to help himself, which is why he came here. Giving him a lecture about how it's all in his mind, isn't going to help. If anything, it'll just make it worse.

17. I Have had Anxiety sense I was a kid and when i started smoking weed it helped me chill out and basically made me become more carefree so I have so much less Anxiety and Weed definitely made me better off.But what i use to do before weed and what i do when i dont have weed is I listen to some Bob Marley and or I just watch some very funny cartoons like some Family Guy

18. It could be from lack of oxygen, If I take deep breaths regularly I feel so much more relaxed, on avrg. Some times I just forget, that could be whats happening to you.

Just, breath IN , breath OUT, repeat as necessary.

19. Definitely the deep breathing thing. Just close your eyes, breathe deep, and focus on relaxing and realizing that there's no reason for you to be having anxiety, and that the way you feel is in your own hands.

By no means is it a cure-all, but it helps when there's nothing else around.

You can also try going for a walk, or any kind of exercise might leave you feeling more relaxed afterward.

20. yes. breathing is definitely the way to go. try breathing in for four counts, holding your breath for four counts, then releasing your breath for four counts, and holding for another four counts. try repeating this 16 count pattern while taking deep breaths. and just focus your mind on relaxation.