Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by JMG85, Jun 18, 2019.

1. I have dealt with Generalized Anxiety Disorder/panic disorder & depression for 15 years now. I am a 33 year old male. Back when I was 16-20 I could smoke lots of marijuana and not get anxiety. I have been on every antidepressant possible and a Benzo.
    My plan is to try and use marijuana to replace the pills due to their horrible side effects.
    I guess my big question is, what are some strains that y’all have used to treat anxiety?
    I know the difference between Sativas and Indicas I’m more less just looking for certain strains that helped you. Anybody??

2. Well now you need to unlearn all of this. The science is changing on both strains and the whole indica/sativa thing.

Strains have been crossbred and you would find that a Strawberry Kush from one dispensary will test completely different at the dispensary next town over. Sadly this was due to the whole illegality of weed and people trying to breed up the THC so you can get higher with less weed which is more profitable in the black market. And now we find the growers trying to breed some of the CBD back in and the other great compounds.

And it turns out Sativa and Indica only talk about the morphology of a plant. How bushy or tall, how broad or narrow the leaf etc... So, saying this you are in luck. Because now, more than ever, we can understand how to get the same experience and we do this by understanding the % of THC to CBD and what percentage of other compounds that particular plant carries.

We are also looking at terpenes and flavonoids. We don't know too much about the flavonoids but we are understanding there are over 200 terpenes in cannabis. Only a handful are prominent and by understanding their names and what they do for us can help you greatly control your GAD/panic disorder. Leafy has a decent graphic to explain this. Infographic: How Do Cannabis Terpenes Affect the Body?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you for your reply I greatly appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Agreed everything is pretty much going hybrid.

5. That info graphic on Leafly is amazing. I was just looking at it and it makes perfect sense. I always preferred an indica dominant hybrid but from that graphic I may need to lean more towards a Sativa dominant hybrid. I am reading up on “Trainwreck” right now and some of the reviews are incredible as in (anxiety ptsd relief.) I thank you so much for sharing that with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. here is a great thread that leads into other compounds used in conjunction with cannabis
    Cannabis Black Pepper.
    and here is the omega three to cannabis connection - https://themodern.farm/studies/Omega-3 Deficiancy Abolish Endocannabinoid Function.pdf
    using separate agents to bolster cannabis metabolism allows cannabis tolerance to stay low and you can titrate dosage while not using as much cannabis

7. #7 Galaxy420, Jun 18, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2020
    it is way better to call it by its botanical name - cannabis ... marijuana is an assault word and does not describe a viable plant species at all

8. Oh yeah sure. For the next time. Thankyou for informing me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. no problem .. cannabis is an herbaceous , flowering angiosperm species of plant in the cannabaceae family