Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

anxiety

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by coolkid94, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Is it possible to train myself to enjoy weed? I feel the pleasure while high but at the same time its over shadowed by paranoia and anxiety. I know its all mental but can't get through it. I even get anxious before smoking cause I know it will keep happening. Has anyone gone through this before and overcame it?

2. Do you live in a medical state?

3. Yes. I live in MA

4. Try not to smoke as much or space it out over a longer period of time. I've found that helps to keep it from happening. Also try to smoke indicas instead of sativas.

From The Dark Side

5. #5 coolkid94, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
    where I live theres really no way on knowing wether im getting indica or sativa.

6. I was having a weird self conscious phase last night while stoned.
    I shit you not, I jacked off and felt like I was god after it

suck it right btch

7. #7 vegblaze, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
    focusing on something I like helps me. if something has your full attention, I would think it would be very hard to feel anxious. 
    masturbating helps  :p a little alcohol can help too but I don't like drinking by myself

8. You should be able to find indica dominant strains in a medical state.

9. Same here. I spent years convincing myself I could overcome it. It's all in mindset.

I found the only way to 100% overcome it was to stop smoking once I'd figured out what it was I was so depressed/anxious about (my self-esteem), and addressed that problem.

[​IMG]

11. I have same thing. I quit smoking for 3 years before figuring out what some what cured my extreme anxiety / panic attacks when i blazed. I use to smoke 24/7 since the age of 13 and then over night it seemed to happen when i was 18, woke up took my morning wake n bake bong rip and had a EXTREME anxiety attack that caused my heart murmer to act up real bad so smoking wasnt worth it to me but now ive figured out that if i want to get stoned what i do is drive around listening to music n snoke a doobie, keeps my mind off ecerything n to me music is my way of relaxing so both together + smoking a doobie is just awesome. Sure i accept the fact ill never smoke as much as i use to... But atleast now ive found somethkng that works for me that isnt solved by taking a pill :) took a whole of trial and error with diff methods but i found i really enjoye it + it worked.

My point is find something that you enjoy doing that calms and relaxes you and tty smoking a doobie while doing that, n see how u feel it takes ur mind off the anxiety n shit. Just remember dont over do urself and it may take some trial and error but u will find a way to over come this

Last resort. Anxiety pills but watch out BENZO's are highly addictive and dony take to many for fir a ling time. They do cause ur body to change to match the effects of the pills witch means if just stopped taking them over night will result in a withdrawl. From what i heard benzo withdrawl can be very dangerous and cause severe depression.

12. I used to have it pretty bad when smoking. What helped me was deep belly breathing, meditation and yoga. Don't look down on, or try to ignore your feelings whether they be good or bad. Observe your feelings and thoughts for what they are and don't beat yourself up over them. You sound like you get uptight so try to start listening to your body instead of living so much in your head.

13. I've been going through the exact same thing as your saying. I think im only just gettin past that, last couple of days have been a bit calmer. Plus i have a severe case of Pure - 0 it reallly has been horrifying but something just kept me coming back to weed. I smoke alot on my own and being in the UK your most likely to get boring UK Cheese. Im feeling a better high right now as im with people and i managed to get my hands on a haze.

14. Why don't you just stop smoking if it makes you anxious?

15. Try not getting so high.  For me there is definitely a point where the negative comes in so I try to stop before that point.  Unfortunately I like my high to last a long time so I need to smoke enough to last me a few hours.  I've learned to ride the wave of negativity instead of trying to fight control it.  Maybe try going with it but at the same time realize its all in your head and the happy thoughts will come in a few minutes.  Then you can look back and laugh about how high and crazy you are because it is indeed all in your head.

Thats the point I'm at now though so its easier said than done.

16. Here's some real advice:

Quitting or praying to budha isn't going to help. What will is getting ahold of various strains and trying each of them. With some people, the simple diffrence of sativa and indica creates an immense effect. I personally can't smoke most types of "local mid and dro" because they give me extreme pulsy headaches and jaw pains, and give me a locked, speechless mindset. It's simply very uncomfortable.

However, the right strain for you should be a brain balancer - it doesn't matter what mental conditions you have, a strain out there should be the cure for this, rather than you having to cure all of your depression or anxiety to smoke weed. One toke of a strain that's known to be good for anxiety will have you smiling and feeling blissful. That's all there is to it. Weed is considered medical for a reason, and that's the standard you have to buy if you do have medical issues.

For example, people with severe pains just can't smoke anything to relieve it - they require specific strains, some that pretty much don't have any sort of high effect. You just have to find what's right for you, and in MA, it should be easy.

17. This could work. Personally i know for me that when i smoked any types of bud i would get anxiety n that would trigger my heart murmer n then they wpuld backlash on eachother untill it got worse n worse, it wasnt the strain it was the high. To this day i still dont understand why this happened but it has me puzzled went from smokin everyday for years to waking up one morning n then gettin this problem from smoking... Gotta try everything you think might help n do some trial n error untill u find ur fix / cure.

18. I'm sure everybody goes thru it at first I know I did and would think bout it befor but u can't let ur self do that like other people said just think or listen to some music or do somthing u enjoy and jus let ur mine take ova and have fun wit it

19. It's all about your mental state before you smoke. If you suffered anxiety as a result of weed, you anticipate that happening again when you smoke and the pot amplifies it.

I had the worst panic attack imagineable after a long, hard night ripping on the bong. Thought I would die. Every time I smoked after that, I was worried it would happen again and it ruined smoking for me for quite some time. So I took a benzo and smoked. Helped a little. But still a problem. Then I just retrained myself. Very small amounts to start. Small buzz and ride it all night with a good comedy on Netflix, then slowly add in a little more until I could beget backtracked o a point when I could get blazed as I could before. Took about 6 weeks to correct. Slow and steady.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum