Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety While Stoned : It's All In Your Head ...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KenSPT, May 27, 2010.

1. Great thread. I'm a fairly inexperienced smoker, and also somewhat of a hypochondriac. I've had some pretty bad panic attacks on pot but ive also had some great highs. lately ive been apprehensive about smoking since i read some shit about the increased likelihood of heart problems an hour after you smoke or some shit. But I am trying to get back in the frame of mind where any anxiety i have is all in my head so i can enjoy pot again, because i just got my medical rec and i want to enjoy the pleasures that come with living in southern california with unlimited access to amazing dispensaries, and thats hard to do when youre worried about having a heart attack as a healthy 19-year-old who can run an 8-minute mile.

2. I personally never get anxiety while im high, i get nervous if theirs cops. But other than that i understand where you're coming from and anxiety is a bitch that's hard to get red of, so good luck y'all.

3. That is by far one of the greatest things I've ever read in regards to weed. I've been smoking for over 5 or 6 years, and I've actually never thought of it that way.

Props.

4. I know what you mean. A lot of times I will imagine poo is lodged between my butt cheeks, but everytime I wipe, Im all clean.

5. #25 morefreedom, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
    Same thing happened to me. I don't get panic attacks anymore from smoking (knock on wood and thank god). In my panicky state I managed to convince myself that the bud had made me mentally retarded because I was freaking out so much. My friends I smoked with, who smoke all the time said there was nothing wrong with the bud and they felt fine. My first panic attack from smoking gave me depersonalization for about 2 months. It wasn't terrible or anything, just kind of annoying at times.

The only thing I could think of is that maybe after clearing a bong 20 times after a 2 month t-break was a bit much but besides that I'm stumped...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization

Now I just kick back and chill when I smoke. Hopefully no more problems :smoking:

6. That's not poop lodged between your buttcheeks ;)

OH MY!!

7. best first post ever

8. so youre saying someone is secretly raping me everytime I get high?:eek::eek::eek:

9. You are right, technically it really is all in your head...in the form of neurons and neurotransmitters.

However, to say that the paranoia that results after smoking is "all in your head" from a not so literal standpoint, is a bit off if you ask me.

The reason is because THC (mostly in higher doses) causes paranoia. No matter what your state of mind or anything. If you smoke enough you will get paranoid (assuming your don't have a champions tolerance).

That isn't to say, however, that the paranoia that results from smoking isn't controllable or manageable to some extent.

But the neurosis/paranoia is a direct result of using MJ...it's just as much "all in your head" as is the double vision you get from drinking alcohol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dudde I know what you mean about the brain making you feel and think things (der lol). Whenever I think of a cold-sore I always and I mean ALWAYS end up getting one within a day or two. Mother fucker I'm going to get one now that I though about it. shittttttttttttt

11. i used to get anxiety but after smoking alot for a while i realized that i pretty much act the same high as i do sober. however, red eyes and droopy eyelids are obvious signs you're high. but i really dont care if people know im high anymore, i feel that people who are so against smoking that they dont want to be around people who smoke are pretentious, fake, brainwashed idiots and i personally dont care what they think. (if your cool with people smoking but you personally choose not to thats cool with me).

so long as im reasonably safe about my smoking (not smoking in my parents house or cars when its not legit) i have zero anxiety. and i enjoy being high alot.

12. We hashed this out in the MMJ forum, and the study was done with heart patients who were prone to heart attacks. It said that they (the heart patients) were the most prone to a heart attack one hour after smoking. and increasingly less with every hour that went by. So, don't smoke if you are prone to heart attacks.

Sammy

13. It can lead to heart problem if you constantly eat heart clogging foods when you have the munchies.

Eating clean FTW!

14. well i'm 19, 6'1, 185 lbs, I've had multiple ekgs that checked out ok and i can run an 8-minute mile. i'm pretty sure im not an at-risk person for heart problems, but just the fact that the studies exist kinda worries me. but im thinkin about picking some bud up from the dispensary tomorrow and conquering my fear :smoking:

15. i suffer from depersonalization disorder and im sometimes worried about getting "too" high.

16. Exactly how I felt (and most people feel). Once you start tokin up a lot and getting to know how much people genuinely don't care, your anxiety will be gone, especially in public. Hope this helps out some novice tokers. :smoking:

17. +rep awesome post you made my high better thanks:hello:

18. Everybody has it happen to them, and nine times out of ten it could be a muscle spasm that triggers it. I worry about apendicitis a lot for some reason and whenever I get paranoid from weed I get a sharp sharp pain in my right side, and I start getting cold sweats, my breathing becomes erratic, and I start to shake a bit, but I do the exact same thing. I remove myself from the situation, take a couple deep breaths, drink a glass of water, and go back to shooting people in COD.

Another thing: Instincts are killer. If your walking and smoking somewhere and you think your being tailed/watched/noticed, or any of that sort in a not-good manner, keep your head in the earth's atmosphere, breathe, and change your route. Take a staggered route, cut through yards diagonally to reach a different point on the next street, jump fences, go around fences, in buildings out different doors.

There's so much you can do with your anxieties to let them work in your favor if they sit in your head. Can't forget about em, might as well get them to work for you.

19. Yes! but.. I shoot people in Arma2