anxiety problems

Discussion in 'General' started by Hornnumb2, Oct 10, 2017.

1. I am trying to get some suggestions for my 75 year old dad that has started have anxiety/ panic attack problems. We are in Texas so our options are limited. Is there something that can be suggested to help with this? Thanks Michael

2. Why does being in Texas limit your options for anxiety treatment? Are you saying you want your dad to start smoking pot for his anxiety or is he having anxiety after smoking pot? Or does it have nothing to do with weed?

3. No he doesn't smoke weed but he might be talked into it, if it would help. he has tried a lot of prescription drugs that have not worked. I didn't know if there was something that could be bought legally here that might help(oils or gummies). We can always do the weed route but you get what you get here, not like a certain strains that helps with the problem.

• Like Like x 1

4. There is no cure for anxiety my friend I have it apparently because my chest hurts alot and I don't feel comfortable in public, I smoke weed and that helps with anxiety for me alot 90% of the time I don't want to go out in public but if I smoke I'm good to go, I'm not great around people I've just met but if I'm high it doesn't bother me :confused_2: try get your Dad into smoking doesn't matter what strain you smoke either imo the ones with higher THC levels help me more good luck bro:smoke:

5. Read my reply man strains don't matter I'm from the UK so I don't know what strains I'm getting 90% of the time.

6. Strains make no difference although a whole lot of people think it does. And I doubt that smoking pot is going to help anyway but I suppose since nothing else has helped it's worth a try. If you do I suggest very small amounts since cannabis increases the heart rate in people without tolerance and for the elderly and those with cardiovascular problems it could lead to problems. My best advice is to try biofeedback.

7. Strains most certainly matter.
    especially when it comes to anxiety

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Smoke it with him and see how he feels. don't let him smoke too much the first couple times. Go slow and easy and see how he feels after a couple of hits.

9. Hi, use whole black peppercorns for anxiety... general anxiety, cannabis induced anxiety etc... basically chew on one or two whole peppercorns for up to one hour relief and mortar pestle and smell the aromas for instant relief... it is the beta caryophyllene in the whole peppercorn that stops the anxiety... it is a cannabimimetic
    Also, use whole black peppercorn along side cannabis to increase cannabis potency and prolong effects

10. Where is the science backing this up is there any actual proof? How does eating peppercorns increase the strength of your weed? Sorry about the questions I'm just really confused on how this works lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'd start with CBD extract at maybe a 10-20mg dose trice a day.

Cbd is not psychoactive so he won't get high, but this cannabinoid is incredibly effective for anxiety/panic attacks/depression

Best of luck a d good on you for trying to help!

(Also, whomever said strains don't matter, lol, absolutely not true)

• Like Like x 2
  12. the volatile terpenes ( Sesquiterpenes) have a bio-directional cannabimimetic effect in leading the way,or providing greater binding affinity of the heavier more stable cannabinoids THC/CBD ( monoterpenes) @ cannabinoid receptor sites... fresh whole black peppercorn has beta caryophyllene that is an inverse agonist @ cb1 receptor or a weak cb1 antagonist... that means the ß-caryophyllene stalls enzymatic decay somewhat and prolongs thc active effects kind of like FAAH FAAH but differently.... the rates of evaporation per each compound determines how/when each compound has bioactive effects... because of this, the volatile terpenes set the stage for more heavier stable compounds... it's why terpenes determine effects of each strain more than any other attribute from the cannabis

Beta-caryophyllene is a dietary cannabinoid
    Beta-caryophyllene is a dietary cannabinoid

Beyond Cannabis: Plants and the Endocannabinoid System
    Beyond Cannabis: Plants and the Endocannabinoid System

Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects
    Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects

cannabimimetic phytochemicals in the diet – an evolutionary link to food selection and metabolic stress adaptation?
    Cannabimimetic phytochemicals in the diet – an evolutionary link to food selection and metabolic stress adaptation?

Cannabis Black Pepper.
    Black Pepper for Anxiety recipes

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Find a study showing people can tell if they are smoking one strain over another

14. That will never happen and you know it.

But it's quite obvious strains differ and as such, do the effects

15. There is zero reason to study this.

But you'll hear anecdotal evidence from millions.

Cannabis is not obecelp. It's quite obvious strains differ

16. There is zero reason to study this.

But you'll hear anecdotal evidence from millions.

Cannabis is not obecelp. It's quite obvious strains differ

17. You can't find a study showing people can tell if what they're smoking is sativa or indica, much less what strain it is. There have been studies but they showed people really can't tell. It's the placebo effect, if you think you're smoking indica and expect a body stone that's what you'll get. If you ever get a chance to take pure THC like Marinol you'll get a nice high just as if you smoked a joint. It's all about the THC and your expectations. I've grown a crop of a pure Indica and a crop of pure Sativa just to see if I could tell a difference and couldn't. Perhaps it's just me that can't tell but something this basic should have plenty of blind studies showing people can tell what they're smoking if there was enough difference to matter.

18. Can you tell if you took ibuprofen or Tylenol?

19. I'm missing your point but yes, ibuprofen gives me a tummy ache.

20. "Dr. Jeffrey Raber and his staff collected and tested more than 1,000 different samples for a total of 42 substances. The founder of the Werc Shop was sure the classifications had been faulty. Dr. Raber and his team not only found there was no scientific basis for the different “effects” associated with “Sativa” or “Indica,” he also proved that what’s being sold as OG Kush in one shop could be something completely different in another."
    https://www.marijuana.com/news/2017/10/sativa-and-indica-just-smoke-and-mirrors/

• Like Like x 1