Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety / Panic Disorder Help Strains

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Ms.NatureFaerie, Oct 2, 2008.

1. I have a friend who has suffered from anxiety which quickly escalated to a panic disorder for quite sometime. It seems to be getting worse and is affecting her daily life on a pretty heavy level. She has seen therapists and they have given her techniques to use, but the don't always work. Anyway, long story short I need to know some strains that others know about that have a positive effect on this disorder. Please help!!

:wave:

2. Getting high gives me severe panic attacks which is bullshit since I have anxiety quit often sometimes...

3. Maybe you should try one of the strains above? :)

4. As I said before I have horrible anxiety where I was prescribed pills, the pills mellowed me out but when they wore off I felt like shit. Whenever I smoke the herb tho it makes me feel 20x better then those pills ever would

5. i picked up a 1/4 of jack herrer and that shit made me really happy outta nowhere:smoking:

6. I have anxiety and panic attacks, and the last dispen. I visited suggested Hindu Kush. Got some, smoked, and ohh yes LOL. I def. suggest Hindu Kush for anxiety/panicky stuff

7. ahh my friend thats the thing about anxiety its all in your mind i used to get worried about getting caught high and with weed but started to not give a shit cause it wasn't worth it it was really helping me and i just said fuck it now im cool i'll smoke a bowl and chill im able to go places mabey just try not to think about it get a nice indica and relax

There's no reason to panic when your smoking weed i have drove,biked,gone to church,out to eat,walked in front of my parents when i was younger and even now hella high and still maintained a positive attitude which helped me if you start to feel this way go back and smoke a lil more and go to sleep thats how i get through a bad high never fails:smoking:

if you keep panicing out of your mind i doubt it will come up when your sober you just can't but with a good smoke you can't even remember the feeling

oh yeah i had a bad stomache thing the other day (runnin to the b-room and drank 2+ bottles of water then smoked 3 bowls bam it was gone and i have been feeling good ever since that day anytime i have a prob MJ can help me she truly is a blessing

8. for anxiety....i suggest something thats sedative and relaxing, like the other shave mentioned - indicas. But consumed through ingestion not inhalation cause then it's just too fast and sometimes too much - i can go outside at night in the dark (there are mountain lions outside here and bears and shit.... i've never seen one in my hard but yeah in the great outdoors in the wild here in canada there are some big animals.. but i shouldn't have to worry on my driveway where i go and blaze alot, and i know for a fact animals wont go up there.... but whenever i go out at night and i blaze, before i blaze i'm not worrying about anything... but once i blaze, i start thinking - and thats a good thing, it triggers you're brains thinking...gets you thinking alot.... and well, that makes me more acute to my senses and sounds, which makes me paranoid that something or someone is sneaking up on me.

in my opinion - get a prescription of klonopin, 1mg a day. Thats it. Or, if you can support a healthy habit of ingesting it, so it slowly kicks in and last longer - then go stick with the marijuana.

northern lights are helpful,
    sweet tooth is nice,
    sweet skunk and island skunk are good as well.
    Harijuana most def.
    Any swag in particular burns you out and can help with that

:wave:

9. Mountain lions and anxiety dont mix^^. I remember a ranger trying to explain mountain lions to me in this order How they kill you, How they stalk you, then he decides to tell us how to defend ourselves if it happens... At this point im just standing there like "And you want me to stop him from clawing my larynx and biting on my spine How??"

10. #12 puffpuffere, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2008
    Interesting thread. Here's my opinion based on life experiences (smokin 38 years). Pot causes anxiety for some people. I have had a few friends who won't smoke or rarely smoke because of this. I sometimes get anxious when high. I don't like to be high in public. The only time I get majorly anxious on THC is when I've ODed on butter. Butter is great and does have a very soothing high. Just be careful you know the potency.
    I have anxiety naturally and take clonazapam (?) as needed (about 3 times a month). Tell your friend it works great for me when used this way. Right now I'm sitting here smokin a bowl of my freshly cured Hindu Skunk. I was thinking, maybe there is something to it for anxiety. We had Hindu Kush/Skunk last year. I have no problem interacting with the public when I smoke it.

11. Anti Anxiety/Sleep: Blue Moonshine, Jack Herrer, M-39, Herijuana. and black domina which has a low yield but works great.

12. Ya no way you OD on marijuana,

13. ha I didn't mean ODed ODed. If I take too much butter I get all anxious. Heart races. Feel like puking. I'm not the only one this happens to. Some people that take to much end up feeling so sick that they try to sleep it off. It's not a fun thing. A friend of mine almost went to the emergency room and was going to tell them she ODed on pot! lmao

14. i actually grow my own cannabis to treat my depression/ anxiety. i haven't grown a ton of strains but i can speak from my own experience with the few that i have.

master kush - a nice balance, i cut mine a little bit early so it's a little more energetic than sedating but after taking a few puffs (don't over do it!) i find myself relaxed enough to interact with people. a good day time smoke. most kush strains i have tried are great.

cheese - more relaxing, some people call this a couch lock stone. for a regular smoker it wouldn't be out of the question to smoke this and go about your day, but i would rather indulge at night and use it to help bring on sleep.

hashberry - one of my favorites so far. this is a nice blend of highs. verry relaxing but not sedating in its effects until you get passed the first few tokes. i use this during the day time but i will also smoke it along with or instead of the cheese at night if i feel like having a joint.

big bud - a really pleasant smoke. not as potent as a lot of the strains out there but i think it is good to use medically because it probably won't get you tooo blasted even if you smoke a whole joint.

i find that with anxiety/panic type disorders it is best to use in strict moderation. limit sessions to 1 or 2 puffs but have them more often. a few times in public situations i have over medicated and it actually brought on a panic attack.

also, i wouldn't suggest using haze strains. in my experience they do nothing but magnify anxious thoughts.

i hope your friend finds what she needs!:wave:

15. i have a family member who suffers from anxiety, and panick attacks. she is prescribed
    hybrids. the strain that helps her the most is called trainwreck.

dispensaries have offered hindu kush, and white widow, for anxiety but its really up to you, and the docs reccomendations.
    these might work for you, or not, different people have differnt resons behind the axiety. i really hope that any of these strains i have mentioned can help.

16. Thanks everyone for your contributions to this thread. I really appreciate and am looking into getting some seeds for quite a few plants posted here. Now that I have a pretty good list I will see what works best for her. I certainly won't mind smoking it myself either :D

17. jack hereer for anti anxiety, i wouldnt think so, ive had jack herer and if your a paranoid person it will set you into a panic attack, indicas are much better for paranoia

Edit, but then agian everyone is different so experiment and see what works for you, because it may not work for the next person

18. I will second the Big Bud recommendation for anxiety. Really relaxing, yet it won't couch-lock you. It just felt like I was really calm and my mind was totally clear of distractions when I smoked it.