Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

anxiety/panic attacks

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by alexsgirl, Feb 20, 2008.

1. ive been smoking weed for about 13 years now and i never had a problem like this before::

first off -- i had the flu for 3 days so i didnt smoke up at all .. but soon as i felt better i went right back to the way it usually is with my smoking routine.. but this time its different.. after toking up i have really bad anxiety attacks and horrible panic attacks.. where i just go like insanely crazy freaking out crying yelling and screaming... i dont know why this happens.. any ideas??

2. yeah, this has happened to me before. Do you have a bad diet by chance? Eat a lot of fast food before smoking? I had an anxiety attack (when I was 19) i am 21 now from eating fast food too much and smoking the erb. So maybe you too? or not i dunno

3. My cousin wont smoke hardly anymore because it gives her panic attacks. I've never had one while high, not a full blown one. Could it be because your mood was already a little off- anxious? And it just enhanced it?

4. you know high up on the list of what kills the most ppl per year is "a poor diet and sedentary lifestyle"

5. that shit JUST happened to me. but i smoked while i had the flu. and ya id get like really fuckin depressed and pace around my room for hours and not know how to act u know. but i havent smoked in about a week im givin myself time to recover i do NOT want this to happen again it was HORRIBLE

6. being stressed out can cause panic/anxiety attacks.

I can relate as had 1 years ago,thought i was havin a heart attack,short breath,tight chest,sweaty palms,light headed,weird feelings,shaky etc...i feel for ya ,bloody horrible:(

plus im 99% sure smoking can contribute to having an attack,if prone to having them.(not the only factor but sometimes it takes just the one to kick it off)

hope it works out for ya,

all the best m.:)

7. yes this has been happening to me a lot lately; i used to smoke a lot of weed daily when i was hustlin hard (usually an ounce, give or take, a day) and now that i've cut back a lot (a gram or less) i'm getting anxiety attacks as well

t-break time

8. Weed is the ultimate enhancer. If you are on edge before, the weed will magnify it. Also weed lowers your blood sugar, so make sure you eat something before, so your blood sugar level wont get low, causing you to be in a bad mood.

9. your going insane.

10. When I got busted about a year ago I ended up quitting for like 4-5 months. I started chiefing again but this time by my self and only in 100% security of my house and was fine. Wll, the first time I smoked in a group again, I started freaking out and had a panic attack like that (sweating, hot, fast heart rate, nervous, etc.) but I figured it was just because I got busted in a similar atmosphere and started to think it could happen again and just got overly paranoid.

11. My wife has the same problem. She used to toke it up and go out and party with no problems. For about the last 10 years she gets panic attacks if she is high and has to go in to a public place. Even running in to a gas station freaks her out now if she is high. It works out great for me if I want to get away for a couple hours. I just wait til she is good and baked, then tell her I need to run to Sears. I can beg her to go with me, and she will refuse. Then it's off to the strip club.

12. I find when I smoke when I'm exhausted, I occasionally get panic attacks, but nothing that I've never been able to keep under control, usually there is an underlying issue, I would say wait a couple days and let your body get back to normal from whatever before smoking, a lot goes on when you are sick, and adding thc may not always be the best combo. Just my $.02.

13. man, anxiety is a real fucking bitch. No other thing in this world can equal perrfectly to the destruction and total ruin of a mellow vibe faster spontaneously than anxiety.

14. shes been driving me crazy with some of her attacks lol i think she just need to smoke more and chill cuz when were all high as HELL every little thing seems just fine :smoking:

15. Take Valium or Xanax before you smoke.

I've had this happen to me, not quite as bad as yelling and screaming, but more like my heart was about to beat out of my chest. Once your tolerance builds up a lil it wont happen any more.

16. Just smoke Indica rather than Sativa, not that hard...

17. The first panic attack I ever had was brought on by trying to hold smoke in from a huge bowl of GDP topped with hash and kief. I took a couple hits, I coughed my face off, and suddenly it felt like I wasn't taking in any air, as if someone had redirected my trachea away from my lungs. I've been dealing with anxiety ever since. Funny though, because I was the on edge type well before I was ever a pot smoker, but after time has gone by now, I'm beginning to agree more with the thought that pot just accentuates what's going on in your life/mind already. I think it will definitely force you to tackle some really introspective shit (fear of death, paranoia, the things that keep you up at night). Other stress in your life and a poor diet/lifestyle can contribute to things like this even if you've never smoked in your life, so heaping other things like that on the pile never helps. After several years of burning, I understand now more than ever that smoking pot encourages you to be at your best in all aspects of your life to truly enjoy it. How's that concept for all the above the influence anti-pot propaganda bullshit out there?

18. its hard to come around good weed here its either 20 dollar bag of KUSH thats never around or high qualilty mids that is mostley indica

19. actually it is that hard

20. I love this quote. Very smart. I smoke regulary, and when I feel groggy and funny from smokin, I know its time to work out. Then once I work out I feel great, and ready to smoke more. Keeps me in great shape, and the ladies like this alot.;)