Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety.. maybe heart problems

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by OneLoveMaryJane, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Hey first time poster long time lurker :wave:. Anyway about 3 weeks back I had every symptom of a stroke... blurry vision, nausea, loss of balance, headache and last but not least the whole left side of my body went numb and was left with a really weird weak feeling that i can only describe as being rubbed with sandpaper when i was touched. Ever since then I've tried on a few occasions (maybe 2) to blaze again and both times my chest started hurting, now the weird thing is the doctors say my heart/brain is fine and i was on an unmentionable that tends to cause anxiety attacks lets just call her lucy ;)
    anyway does anyone think a CT scan could have missed something and if it was an anxiety attack how long do you think it could be until i can blaze again? The longest i've gone in the past year is probably 3 days and i miss mary jane :devious:

Feel free to share your similar experiences with anxiety and or heart problems that have kept you from smoking and how long it took to recover or anything that helped you recover, thanks in advance :D

2. #2 TokinUp, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
    hello friend and welcome to grasscity! the first thing that i want to say is that you shouldnt worry.i myself have anxiety and worrying just makes it worse and for me starts to cloud my consciousness.if this started after you did something new than maybe you should take that thing out of youre life since it can magnify these feelings of anxiety.you might have to chill out for awhile but youll be fine. it could be that it was a high sativa strain or it could be that somethings causing you to react differently to it.i know what youre going through cuz ive been in the same situation.if you need any help or advice ill do my best to help.just try to relax maybe go out and get youre blood pumping to release that excess energy if you feel an attack coming on.i find that anxiety(for me anyways) is just a way for my body to communicate with my mind and if you know how to react to it and use it in a positive way than it can be beneficial.anxiety can actually make you think that things are wrong with you when theyre not.just ask yourself why do you think youre feeling this anxiety.more times than not we know the answers ourselves.

3. that's just it.. before this i had no anxiety problems.. quite the opposite actually then it just explodes into a full on anxiety attack? TBH the last thing i think would help is excercise because during these attacks which have been less frequent lately :D my heart goes around 200 BPM... i wouldnt really wanna add to that but thanks for the advice anyway i'll try thinking more into what might be causing it

4. Exercise can lower stress, which is the main problem, you shouldn't mix up anxiety and heart problems together, heart problems can kill you, anxiety cant, it can just bring a shit load of symptoms... which can make your heart go nuts, and feeling like your having a heart attack or about to die... like a panic attack.

what i learned in the past 6 months of anxiety attacks , was to get everything checked out, X-rays, blood test, ekg..etc, and if everything is fine, then you know its just anxiety and that can help you in not going into panic mode.. manage the anxiety..

also, if you attach a high bpm rate to getting anxiety , then it can develop into a fear of you never wanting your heart rate to raise and you'll be scared of exercise, or any sudden increase will scare you into an attack.

i get anxiety attacks all the time and I still smoke, it actually helps. before, i'd break into panic mode, but once you get your self medically checked out and if everything is fine from the tests, you start to learn to just let the anxiety feelings flow and they pass quickly...even while im high as fuck.

5. I had a very similar experience last winter, from the weird stroke symptoms down to not being able to blaze because of chest tightness/coughing.

Jogging, vitamins, a more balanced diet, and a better outlook on life helped me feel normal again.

6. [quote name='"OneLoveMaryJane"']that's just it.. before this i had no anxiety problems.. quite the opposite actually then it just explodes into a full on anxiety attack? TBH the last thing i think would help is excercise because during these attacks which have been less frequent lately :D my heart goes around 200 BPM... i wouldnt really wanna add to that but thanks for the advice anyway i'll try thinking more into what might be causing it[/quote]

Did you check your heart rate during these attacks? Or is that just what you feel like? If you did check your heart rate, what method did you use?

I would go to your doctor and explain in as much detail as possible what you experienced. These are very serious symptoms and can develop relatively quickly, if they haven't already, into life threatening symptoms. After explaining what you experienced to your doc, he will definitely agree if not insist multiple tests to diagnose the problem.

And exercise is very beneficial to both physical health (heart, lungs, muscles, digestive and respiratory systems, etc.) and mental health (symptoms of anxiety, depression, etc.). While, yes, you would not want to or maybe even be able to exercise during one of these attacks, a regular exercise regimen will result in multiple beneficial biological changes; as I said, these benefits will be seen in improved maintenance function when it comes to both physical and mental health. AND, with the symptoms you described, you must speak with your doctor before starting a physical activity regimen.

All the best and I hope everything turns out okay,
    Kush

(btw, Source: my father is a physician.)

7. i know about all the benefits of excercise and i reaped the hell out of em while i could but its just not worth being short of breath for 3 hours afterwards anymore so thats not really on my list of things to do i've taken notes of all my symptoms wrote down every detail about the attacks and everything, they ran basically every test and still say im fine yet i dont see how it could be anxiety since i cant even excercise without shortness of breath but i have been eating healthier than i ever have in my life and ill get some multivitamins and see if it helps at all.

8. It's anxiety, ask yourself this: Is it a coincidence that these things happen only when I'm high?

No, you're freaking yourself out over nothing, look into deep breathing meditation techniques, they actually do help. I struggled with this for a very long time, I used to get panic attacks and awful paranoia when I smoked.

9. It's anxiety and stress broski. Weed will make it worse. You need a long T break. It used to happen to me all the time. I'm currently on a 4 week T break, even though I smoked a couple days ago but it wasn't even enough to get an ant high.

You don't have heart problems or a brain problem, trust me. I've been through the same shit. Start exercising and eating healthier. It definitely helped me.