Anxiety Help Plz

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dizzy, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Having somebody accompany you will be a big help
    Limit the stimulation
    Wear headphones with music that relaxes you or some comedy to distract you
    Travel by car if possible
    Sometimes early appointments help
    You will not have to sit around with anticipatory anxiety
    Waiting sucks

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Aww Damn I Hate When People Abuse Animals. :( He Doin Better Now?

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1

3. Thank You For The Help Tokin. I Appreciate It Alot. I Gettin Ready Now An Going To Bring My Sons An Husband With.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Yes he is doing great, thank you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Daily exercise
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Hey ! You have gotten a lot of good advice here Toni. I dont have much to offer you except that breathing is Key.

When you get racey try and focus on your breathing and do big slow breaths, after a little while you will feel more calm.

Promise :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

7. Thank You Goblin I Appreciate The Help. <33333

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  8. Don't overdo the exposure therapy. It works because you push yourself just a bit beyond your comfort zone. If you push too much you may get enough anxiety to make you stay home instead of continuing the program. If you can walk or drive to the store now without anxiety then a baby step may be to walk in when you get there then leave without shopping or even looking around the store. After safely peeking in a few times then you can look around the store and leave. Perhaps after doing that a few times you can buy one item and leave. Baby steps, always just a little more. It may take a while. And keep a journal to write down your progress or lack of. Make a goal, write down what you want to do that gives you anxiety and make a plan outlining baby steps that would lead you to reaching your goal. Include how you were feeling when you opened the doctor's office door and looked around the waiting room, stuff like that. Do the baby step until you can do it without the anxiety then move on to the next step.

My problem is that I don't have any motivation at all. I hate going shopping, I hate paying the bills, I hate taking a shower or brushing my teeth. I hate calling people. I wait until the last possible moment to do my taxes. My couch has started to sag where I sit but shopping for another takes effort. Maybe I should practice what I preach but practicing is so much trouble I can't seem to begin. I think I'll begin by brushing my teeth.

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. Aroma therapy girl. Google essential oils for relaxation/ anxiety...
    • Lavender
    • Rose (Rosa damascena)
    • Sweet Marjoram
    • Ylang Ylang
    • Australian Sandalwood
    • Roman Chamomile
    • Anything citrus is uplifting (orange/ lemon/ lemon Grass)
    • Peru Balsam
    • CBD smoked or eaten (full spectrum, includes un-carbed "CBD" leaves)
    For the oils, get one or several, or find a blend for anxiety. Can buy from amazon or others. You can mix a drop or two of oil in a nice dollop of lotion or hand cream and apply to wrists and/ or temples. You can buy little dropper bottles from amazon and mix essential oils with avocado oil, corn oil, coconut oil, practically any edible oil if you want to mix your EO ahead of time.

There is also a carbonated lavender water on the market now. My wife drinks one and melts into a puddle of relaxed.

We have essential oils for most everything; spiders, ants, white fly, Japanese beetles, racoons, headaches, tooth aches, insomnia, upset stomach (not oil just fresh ginger), depression, respiratory and sinus, sore muscles, hair health, hair loss.....

Wishing you peace, calm and confidence.
    Some of our oils:
    4B44D748-F25F-4976-B72C-02180A457B74.jpeg

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. Thank You Guys For The Help @Cactus Ed @Weedweasle It Means Alot <33333 I Will Try Some Of Yall Methods! :)

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  11. Toni, idea #1: Go to Kung Fu (full contact) classes. Result: You will be fitter, more flexible, and have massively more self confidence.
    Idea #2: When you feel anxious, spend 10 minutes chanting 'OM' (sounds like O-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-Mmmm). Concentrate on keeping the volume steady and the note as low as you can go. After 10 minutes you will be 'blissed out'.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Lol I Would Do The Kung Fu Classes But I Can't ATM I'm Pregnant With My 5th Child RN. My Oldest Daughter In Taekwondo Tho An Almost A Black Belt. I Will Try Idea #2 Tho Thank You. I Do Meditate Occasionally But Iain Done It Recently Been Too Busy. I Need Hours Of Free Times To Do That.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  13. I Am With Anxiety Again. I Feel Like Someting Will Happen To Me If I Go Outside. I Only Go On My Second Floor Balcony Which Looks Over The Back Yard Or On My Front Porch To Wait For My Daughters To Be Home From School But I Carry My Gun Lucy On My Hip Or My Special Switch Blade Alice In Case A Person Try To Get Me. I Only Feel 100 Safe When My Husband Home Then I Can Relax. I Taking Deep Breaths Just In Out BC He Will Be Mad At Me If Iain Calm It Bad For The Baby So I Tryin To Blank My Mind Now.

~Toni~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Oh Toni, lay on your side and do some leg lifts. Its easy to do and its so healthy. After a while, it will become a good go-to technique, I promise. Sometimes I have a sit down and blaze and then it induces anxiety, but I know better, to get up and go go go. If you don't want to go outside, ok, but try some leg lifts or some of that yoga that is trending.
    Thinking the best for you :thumbsup:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Oh Ok I Will Try It Soon. Thank You!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  16. Smoking pot can make you extremely paranoid. I went to a doctor and got meds for my anxiety. I actually got blood pressure medicine for lowering my blood pressure and that helped a lot.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. It Not From Smokin Weed. Thank You For The Reply Tho. I Got Meds For Alotta Tings But I Can't Take Some Of Them ATM BC I Pregnant. Good To Hear Your Blood Pressure Meds Help Alot Too Tho.

~Toni~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  18. *note they say CBD, not THC. That's partly why I am growing Charlotte's Dream for CBD :D
    ...but I still grow high test too ;)

• Winner Winner x 1