Anxiety Help Plz

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dizzy, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Do Anyone Have Any Tips For Coping With Bad Anxiety? I Get It Every Times I Have To Go Some Where...Like Tommorow I Gotta Dr Appointment At 10:30 In The Morning. I Go There Every Month BC My Mama Wants Me Too An I Always Go Through. I Worry Somebody Will Attack Me An Especially Since Now I'm Pregnant I Don Wanna Be Hit In My Belly Or Anyting. I Just Wish To Find A Way To Relax BC It Been Givin Me Stress Migraines For All Week.

~Toni~

2. Getting on the right meds would help you a ton, as would having your husband accompany you to your appointments.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Take the Alfred E Neuman attitude? When it's your time, there's nothing you can do about it so relax and let your life flow. You've been attacked before and survived.
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Oh Ok Well I Limited On What Meds I Can Take ATM But I Will See If My Husband Will Leave Work For A Bit An Come With Me. Thank You Pistils

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yea I Try To Be That Way. It Don Always Work. Thank You Tho I Appreciate Your Help. You Very Kind.

~Toni~

6. That's basically a big thing therapists push people with anxiety to think about. There's no use worrying about things that are out of your control. Easier said than done... But sound advice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. You can barrow my doggie.
    Thats his go ahead and make my day face

20190623_160707 (1).jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Isa German Shepard? He Too Beautiful. What His Name?

~Toni~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Yea My Therapist Say It Too But I Can't Always Do It...My Mind Is My Worse Enemy Sometimes Ya Know? I Going To See If My Boo Will Come With.

~Toni~

10. Yeah, I know telling someone to just relax doesn't work. Crippling anxiety is a mental illness that can't be cured by speech or logic. I know you were attacked in Jamaca, do you think that's the root of your problem? Maybe try immersion (exposure) therapy where you take baby steps in overcoming your fears.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Yeah for sure.. most nights before any appointment I hardly can even fall asleep. The "what ifs" just run through my head over and over. But when I'm actually there the next day everything goes pretty smoothly.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Ed is right, exposure therapy is really the best way to treat it. You've gotta really push yourself but over time it does help.

• Friendly Friendly x 2

13. Well IDK If It The Root Of My Problem But It A Big Part Of Alotta My Issues. I Just Also Get Scared Easy BC Of All The Bad People Out There Too I Hear About It All The Times On TV News. What Is Exposure Therapy Tho An What They Do To Me?

~Toni~

14. Exposure therapy is about gradually pushing yourself outside your comfort zone. If public places make you anxious, maybe you'd start by walking down the street every day, gradually working your way into stores, for example.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. #15 Vee, Apr 29, 2022
    Last edited: May 7, 2022
    I'm the same I now get panic attack's when going for flight tests and ratings,
    (edit)
    Yes Toni get MAD with ur self don't give a shit just get MAD!

thanks for the rant

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Oh Ok I Will Try It...Yea Bein Public Make Me Get Anxiety Really Bad But I Will Try To Walk Down The Street A Lil Ways Everyday. That Isa Great Idea. Maybe I Will Bring My Doggy With Too Do You Think I Should?

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Yeah I'd definitely start off with your dog. You need to force yourself into more and more uncomfortable situations tho. So maybe after a couple weeks once you get used to it you try without the dog and keep working your way up from there.

Personally (as pathetic as it sounds..) I used to be so bad that I'd have my wife order food for me at restaurants, then I started going up and ordering myself, then started going to bars full of people and ordered drinks myself, then grocery stores, etc. These days I can function alone and I even strike up conversations with random people without much anxiety.

Just gotta keep working toward it.. long as you feel uncomfortable.. ironically.. it's a good thing lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Getting mad even if you are not, it sends out bad vibes to peeps who know you not
    but you can fix that later with a smile

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. Most people are good people and the possible social interactions that can happen can do a lot of good as far as relieving anxiety. Avoiding those interactions can do more harm than good in my opinion.

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. His name is Baloo like the bear in the jungle book movie.
    He is a rescue dog
    He had been starved.
    I wasn't sure if he would survive when got him .
    He couldn't stand up or sit up if he was laying down.
    That was almost 3 years ago

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1