Anxiety? From weed? Help please :(

Discussion in 'General' started by Badgers54, May 21, 2016.

1. #1 Badgers54, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
    Well, I would smoke like every now and then and even then I would never smoke strong weed. I went to college this past semester and in general, I am just a worrier. I have been told that I think too much and I was even diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I went to college all on my own 7 hours away from home so it was a bit of a struggle. I went with some friends to smoke and I know that we didn't smoke synthetic. The dealer was a student at our school and I even saw the actual nug. He said it was Gorilla Glue so I took a small hit from the bong and then we smoked a blunt and I was completely fine even when I felt the high but I had never actually felt what being "high" felt like as all the other times I smoked I felt nothing. Well I was fine even when high and then my friend put his hand on the gear shift and I looked up in a quick instant and I thought the car was in reverse because he turned it on and immediately put his hand on the gear shift so I said "damn, I felt like we were in reverse already." and my friends started laughing at me and said I was high af lol then my friend said I was just tripping but when he said that all the thoughts came in at once like "Oh shit what did I just smoke?" or "Did I just permanently mess myself up?" and even "Can I get permanent depersonalization from all this?" and then I started to have a panic attack and was worried all night and my cousin said it was just a bad high from smoking too much and how strong it was since I don't have a tolerance for weed at all and I have gotten a little better but I ask my friends on the daily if they think I am fine and they assure I am fine. They just told me I was thinking about it too much. Is that the case? Am I really fine? I smoked about 2 months ago but I just think about it everyday if I actually did permanent damage. Again this was not synthetic. My friends came to my room the next morning and I asked them and they said I was fine but I was just thinking way too much because they were just fine and they had been smoking that and none of them reacted like me. They were just fine and they said I was over-thinking. Am I fine? I have been scared about this everyday and my mind has been tricked that I have depersonalization when I know I don't I just think I am over-thinking way too much. Please Help :(

2. Gotta live in the moment, anxiety is nothing more than worrying zbout future events. Tomorrow isnt promised and its not important what may or may not happen, you can be just as satisfied if not more satisfied living in the woods like Tarzan than any walk of life you choose, lifes too short to spend worrying. Were programmed to think that finances and stability, family support, responsibility is all important, its not, if you dont want to go to work, dont go, for all you know its your last day on earth. things are only important if you allow greed control you, and greed is not conditioned to only physicality, it can be 'more happiness' 'more socialization' 'More experience'. But the only thing you truly own is your own life. We can not be satisfied until we accept what we have and ask for no more. No expectations and disillusions, for the truth will set you free. The road to enlightenment is not a short one but youll be given then world in return. Live free

3. Am I just over-thinking though? Like did the weed mess me up permanently?

4. And dont worry about depersonalization, go with it full steam, you have to lose yourself to find yourself, we dont get to be in control for the first 18 years of life and everything is deceptive. Im just waiting for the day the illuninati declares martial law and brings America to its knees, and ill be as content as always, just observing, no judgement, no fear. Only then will all of society understand that life has no meaning. "you lose yourself but you find it all" ariels- system of a down

5. #5 Heywoon, May 21, 2016
    You're overthinking it. What you described used to happen to me when I first started smoking and especially when I got too high. Paranoia, what I'd call what you're describing, is a very common side effect from weed. This, however, like everything with weed really, should subside quickly after stopping smoking.

Worrying 2 months+ seems very excessive and tiresome and this itself seems problematic. You did not experience any depersonalization in that time, did you? You just had a bad trip I think.

Marijuana has not been linked to any psychiatric disorder, even the link to schizofrenia is much debated.

6. #6 Badgers54, May 21, 2016
    Heywoon, Well I am constantly thinking if I have it but I think I am worrying so much about it that it's making me feel like that because sometimes I can make myself feel better by hanging out with friends but I am so worried I did permanent damage

7. I read that the brain feels DP when overly stressed, so could I just be worrying so much that I am stressing myself out?

8. I KNOW that I did damage to My brain lol, its nothing to worry, all that needs to go through your mind is "im alive, and nothing else matters."

9. I'd say your friends were right. A "bad trip" typically starts with a thought. However, it can also end with a thought just as fast.

Whenever you start to get paranoid., just say to yourself "there goes the paranoia" and then laugh it off. No need to focus on the imaginary, shift your attention to something else..music, food, breathing or just the moment you're in.

You're new to weed and don't know much about it's effects, and from the looks of it, you weren't even that high. Wait til you get stoned haha

Laced weed almost never happens, dealers lose money from that.

Sent from my A460G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Your were as they put it so eloquently " high as fuck ". So chill out, relax, if it's to much for you then don't smoke. Ya man ganja is pretty strong these days. So go easy on it. Don't hit it so hard next time. I grew up with mexi stress weed from SoCal when that was all we had. When I got high my first time I was fucking smashed, on shit weed. So it goes with out saying that the potent herb of today was just far too much for you.

To be honest, when ganja is used in the right amounts, for,the right reasons, the right way, it fixes all of what ales me. No shit. So I say keep trying but just go far easier on it. It seems the younger you are, the more that ganja will fuck with you when you smoke it. I have had some anxiety from it, but never the mind warping freak outs some claim have happened to them. It has to be the potency of the ganja you have been getting broski, it has to be.

11. When people tell you you're overthinking it what they are really saying is "will you please just shut the fuck up and forget about it" And you should take their advice. The longer you worry about it the longer it'll take to get over it. Right now your problem isn't that pot changed you in some way, your problem is that you are worrying about it. So stop worrying, let it go, move on. It's not like you can unsmoke it, what choices do you have?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gorilla glue is the fuckin bomb.....just wanted to throw that out there

13. You cant permanently mess yourself up from weed. Just remind yourself that you will be normal again in a few hours and want to smoke more after that :smoke: