Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety Attack everytime i smoke HELP :(

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by IcantDieYet, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Hey guys first post so im 18 and been smokin for bout 2 and a half years and ive been prettt depressed for a bit over a year now and at this time of life for me its been rough emotionally (anxiety/depression) around 3 weeks ago i just smoked regularly how i do everyday. But, i realized my heartbeat was quite weird like irregular. A few days later i ate a piece of an edible, smoked, then, in 30mins i had like a heart-attack feelin for like 5 seconds which made me grab my heart and say WTFFFFF. I still continued smokin the following days and got irregular heartbeats. One day, i drank a can of 8% got prettt drunk and smoked and that ladies and gentlemen, gave me my first panic attack. I called my friend to calm down, my nerves were twitchin, i could barely breathe and talk to my friend and my hands were soaked. I realized "fuck wtf man i dont wanna quit smoking i love this shit". I smoked again a couple days later and i got a minor panic from my first one. I realized i had to stop but then i smoked on 420 a couple days ago. Again, didnt feel good and wasnt feeling myself. I forgot to mention during this time period where i was sober its been harder to breathe.. What do i do? Im thinking of taking a break for a month as of today but is that the only solution? Like damn. Please dont say its all in ur head relax blah blah i been thru that i relaxed myself did breathing techniques tried to convince myself its me being a dumbass and its just weed ive done all the tricks and it feels like im at rockbottom. Please help me

2. Doesn't sound good I think you need to set yourself a goal to not do it again and just do it if someone smokes you out and it will give you more to think about and talk about and you will be more grateful for it. If you feel like you don't like it anymore just don't buy it.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Try a different strain. I'd get attacks too but when I changed strains it went away. Also be hydrated.

4. Wow sounds really enjoyable unpredictable panick attacks and your telling him to do more pffffft.

5. It's all in your mindset. Set, setting, how you're feeling, etc. Follow the guidelines to tripping on more serious substances it helps a lot. You just gotta learn how to make weed enjoyable for you because everyone is different.

6. Yeah i changed to an indica instead of a sativa and it gave me my first panic atttack smh :/

7. Ive enjoyed it for my 2 and a half years until the beginning of April 2k18.. Its like anxiety took over me idk i try to overcome it and tell myself over n over but doesnt work idk how its in my head when i constantly try to convince myself its ok

8. You have to know you have the right mindset to handle it before you smoke not after you're already high. Try smoking less and work your way up. Focus on enjoying yourself.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Laat night i took only 1 puff and i immediately felt bad. I was somewhat high but it was quite hard to breathe the rest of the night.

10. Sounds like it's not for you then to be honest and what's the point in doing it if you don't find it fun op? We smoke weed because it's fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I had same problem at that age go to your doctor have him check ur blood pressure you can even ask for heart monitor so they could record anything odd. I did this and they found i get anxiety which trigger nsvt sometimes so i got on beta blockers been taking them for many years now good luck bro get checked.

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. Smoking's not for everyone man, if its giving you anxiety attacks stop smoking?
    But if you are really persistent I got a few tips. Obviously you should know it's not bad and there's 0 way in the world it will kill you, you are 10000% safe. Remind yourself that when your high. Another big reason people freak out (this is for acid but I think can be applied to weed) is that people are to scared to let go. You need to surrender to the feeling, let it overcome you and dont try to fight it. That makes a massive difference. I used to hate smoking but once you keep doing it for a few weeks or so you will overcome it. Let me know if I helped:)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Alright so update. 2 days ago i was in a good area with lots of friends in Their house and decided to take hits from the blunt. Felt good. Was slightly hard to breathe with heart palpilations but wayyyyy better than usual. Yesterday i took a few puffs from a J by myself and i was alright. Not good bad but alright. Was quite difficukt to breathe but i wasnt panicky. My heart was beating way fast and harder but it was a good high. A bit difficult to sleep cuz it was hard to breathe :/