Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety and Weed.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DJwabbo, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Starting a few months ago, i've been skipping on weed when involved in social situations. Once i smoke, my self confidence lowers, I start getting bad anxiety. I always save myself from embarrassment by not joining others in activities. I just end up having a bad time until i get alone. Anybody have a similar problem or know where i'm coming from?

2. I hear ya dude. I've been in the same boat many times over. If I smoke in social situations I'll have the feeling that for some reason I'm being judged by everyone around me. If I get way to high around others I feel awkward and uncomfortable. Lately I've found myself being completely fine with smoking alone. I appreciate being able to do what I want and not feel like I'm being judged. In the past year or so I've become to actually enjoy smoking by myself. Do whatever makes YOU happy man and try not to worry about what others might think.

3. Exactly, i only like smoking with a close friend or by myself, i ALWAYS feel severely judged at what i do when i'm stoned, and it just ruins the whole thing and i don't know why.

4. I'm a very experienced stoner, I've smoked thousands of times in different contexts with many different people in many different places. This is one thing that has never changed. I have found my peace within myself and I am not self-conscious around groups of people in sobriety. Yet when I light up I feel my heart race and among the flood of thoughts that come to mind are many that are self-conscious and negative in nature.

Only certain types of heady ganja prevent this, in particular with a strain like Trainwreck I've never once had a self-conscious high.

Perhaps I haven't found peace with my extreme silliness and inability to restrain laughter when I'm stoned. I often laugh out loud and wish I could take back the outburst. I can't help I find everything so hilarious, though. :D

5. A problem is, I doubt i can get ahold of some Trainwreck or anything like it in my town :/ i'd have to travel some.

6. i find i'm like that when my tolerance get's higher. like when i let my tolerance lower i just get retarded and i'm the same ol high me. but yea dude i feel yea try quitting for a bit orr just not smoking around people? or just wait till you got some drink in you ;)

7. yea man when im alone or with a close group of friends chillin on one spot im great but at like a party if im super blazed it ends up just ruining my night