Anxiety and Self-Conscious thoughts while smoking?

Discussion in 'General' started by thedudeintheshirt, Nov 30, 2014.

1. I don't know if this thread has been made before, but I'm fairly new to this site. 

I started smoking about a year ago and I fell in love with marijuana the 2nd time I tried it while I was in college. I used to feel extremely happy, everything was hilarious, and I didn't have a care in the world, until recently...

On 4/20, I drove home so I could spend the night getting stoned with my brother and a 2 of our other friends. We were driving around in my brother's car and we were passing around a new bong that my brother bought the same day. Everything was going fine until I had a panic attack out of nowhere. My chest tightened up and I could feel my heart beating faster than it ever has. I could have sworn I was seeing things when I was looking out my window, and I kept having some delusion that the weed must have been laced, but my friends were acting completely normal. I told my brother to pull over and I got out of the car and started walking down the dark street to calm myself. Once I calmed down I walked back to the car and my friends were really concerned about me. 

The whole experience was really embarrassing, and now smoking usually leaves me feeling very uncomfortable and anxious. I feel like whenever I smoke that people are looking at me, judging me, and that they don't want to be around me anymore. I used to be creative and funny when I smoked weed, but now I'm trapped in my own thoughts, and I rarely speak at all until I come down. 

Is there any way to get over these feelings and be able to enjoy weed like I once did? I'm seriously considering quitting, but I will always have hope that one day I won't have such a bad experience with it. I need to find a fix or cure or something.

I don't want weed to make me paranoid, anxious and depressed. 

2. #2 CanIBeShaggy, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Just take like a week and a half break from it. Otherwise, idk what to tell you man. Make sure your in a good environment and when smoking, remind yourself how much you love the wonderful herb and try to just chill out, and not let your mind race. Maybe its's the strain? It could be alot of things..