Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety and pot.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by SurfingRob, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Well about 2 months ago I quit completely because of a brain infection. Basically I was smoking pot one night and I passed out because it was too smoky, there were 3 people smoking cigarettes in a small ass room with no windows open and I wasn't smoking cigs, I hate them personally. When I stood up to get some air I passed out for a few seconds. After that I went to the hospital, got a CAT scan and they told me I had sinusitis that spread to the brain. However, this had nothing to do with my passing out. Now its been over 2 months and I want to toke again. I get sorta nervous when i'm about to toke though, aside from the fact that I have had major anxiety since I quit smoking. Like before I decide to toke I just get anxious and decide against it.

I WANT TO SMOKE SOOOO BAD THOUGH!!!

Anyone got any tips to get over this? I got a PHX trinity and some dank purple nepal I want to smoke here...

-Rob

2. well, that sucks

all i can tell you is to eat before you smoke and take in plenty of oxygen between hits. and maybe try this: take a deep breath then take your hit, hold for a few seconds, exhale gently and once you see the smoke coming out of your mouth, breathe in some air. repeat until no more smoke comes out. this way you have some oxygen mixed in with that smoke plus i found that exhaling that way does get me higher :smoke:

3. start out small. Roll a small joint and casually puff, hell, you can even let most of it just turn to ash. Just get used to smoke and take it one step at a time. Don't take the 4 Foot bong and milk and clear it in one hit. You may also want to look into vaping, so all you get is THC.

4. I've tried taking aspirin before smoking and it helped me.

I used to get anxiety attacks all the time high, but it goes away with time.

5. Hmm I think I might try to roll up a joint soon. Anyone else get like this?

6. well i dunno if weed helps anxiety if thats what your asking, i think it makes it worste

7. dude, personally one of my best friends tried smoking with me, got a panic attack, and started taking anxiety medication later that month. obviously, that could be a coincidence, but i dunno. if you've smoked before and are just now gettin anxiety, it's probably a mental thing. just have the right setting, listen to some music you know all the words to, and toke up a nice fatty. my best wishes and good luck to ya...hate to see that weed go unsmoked..

8. Yea tell me about it, I've had this stuff in its vile from the clinic for almost 2 months now, I just open it up every day to take a whiff of it. It's super dank shit. Not to mention the new bong I bought exactly before all this crap happened.

-Rob

9. damn man, i once had an anxiety attack, so wish i were there to toke with ya, phx trinity and purple, man? you're like my god :p

But, maybe you should roll a joint, and just keep it at your side, and sometime without even thinking just spark it up, so then you shouldn't have any anxiety about it.

10. I have anxiety disorder,and weed can definitely help it.Just pack up the PHX and get ripped dude don't let it sit there!!

11. So you know what an anxiety attack is like, or the constant lingering if impending doom/death. The heart beating in your throat, chest pains... bleh I hate this shit.

-Rob

12. yeah what he said works great , or any musclerelaxor:smoking:

13. i had sinusitus, before i smoked pot. you get that shit just by breathing air. i personally couldn't tell any difference in my brain before and after my sinusitus surgery. try getting stoned alone

14. drinkkkkkkkkkk watttttttterrrrrr and lots of it