Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety about weed smoking over the summer and returning to university

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CanDoBetter, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Hi everyone,

This is going to be a bit long, but my anxiety is really taking a hold of me right now and I just need some insight from experienced people..

So, this summer I have smoked more weed than I have during any other period of time. I am 20 years old and have been smoking about once per week since I was 17. However, due to some anxiety about school the summer, along with my friends becoming heavy users, over the past 4 months I have been smoking a lot (for me). For the first two months of the summer, I smoked about 4-5 days per week and although I have tried to slow it down these past two months, I've still been smoking about 2 days a week.

I am trying to become a professor, and I have done really well in my first two years of university through a TON of hard work for hours on end! I am not the smartest guy you'll ever meet, but I study all the time and through this work effort I have had the highest average in my faculty for my first two years of university :) I really want to achieve this again in my third year, but I fear that smoking so much this summer will prevent me from getting all the A+'s that I need to reach this goal...

This may be very dumb, I'm just not experienced enough to know whether or not I will be able to perform well this upcoming school year? As of yesterday, I quit for the rest of the summer (and perhaps the entire school year also since my friends are moving away). It was my anxiety about getting good grades this upcoming year that led me to begin smoking weed all the time, and ironically not I'm having severe anxiety about whether or not this will prevent me from getting good grades this year.

The reason I am so concerned about this is because I have been subjected to bullying and poor-treatment for years about my abilities. People have always told me that I am stupid and will never amount to much (especially my dad). I have a few learning disabilities that makes me appear stupid to the ignorant, but I really do not feel that I am. It just means so much to me to accomplish my goals because I want to be able to do with my life exactly what I desire, in spite of all the crap I've taken from people.

So, do you guys think I will be fine and able to perform as well as ever this upcoming school year (starts in 3 weeks) or will the weed smoking likely prevent me from getting the grades I need (and hence serving as a valuable lesson)? I really don't mean to sound like an idiot here, but I am so inexperienced with weed that I just thought it would be wise to ask people who know what they are talking about.

Thanks everyone,
    CJ

2. Just stop smoking,,, problem solved

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk