ants.....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by samantha420, Jul 25, 2004.

1. I just check on my plant and she has ants... in the dirt... how do i get rid of them????

samantha420

2. theres these hotpepers they sell in homedepot for ants to stay away, works really great, outdoor and indoor, just put some around your buckets, and ants should stay away....

3. HIGH All, ants don't hurt the plants it's Aphids that the ant's farm do. Check to see if you have Aphids on the stems..if you don't see any I'd leaf the ants alone.

4. I gotta agree with Unoit, unless they are "aphid farmers", they shouldn't be a problem. My potted outdoor plants often get "fire" ants building nests in the pots. Besides me getting nailed when I transplant, they never pose a threat to the plant, and they eat every insect they get ahold of. The only time I've seen ants damage a plant, was 2 yrs ago, it was a large hermie, with wood ants nesting IN the stem. Whether they caused the plant to go herm or not, who knows, but it survived them and flowered(the people didn't believe me when I told them it was a herm and to pull it before it ruined their two females, they ended up with tons of seeds and shitty pot). Anyway back to the point, ants shouldn't be a problem.

5. maybe the ants will even help keeping other unwanted insects away