ANTS ON MY BABY'S!!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hcebgold, Jan 11, 2017.

1. i HAD NOT WATERED THESE BABYS IN 3 DAYS SO I DECIDED TO WATER TODAY WITH RO WATER AND SEAWEED EXTRACT AND NOTICED A COUPLE ANTS IN THE SOIL!! WHAT SHOULD I DO TO REMOVE THESE LITTLE BASTARDS?

2. Get a couple ant traps. Very cheap and work great.

Get the poison traps that they bring back to their colony

3. Ants on your baby's what?

4. Baking powder and equal part powdered sugar...ants won't / can't separate the baking powder so when they consume the mixture the baking powder expands and kills them....horrible way to go but they ain't payin rent so there ya go. ( you don't need much 1/2 tsp or less in a single pile )

5. Thanks guys. Really appreciate it. Worked to hard for these baby's to have some damn ant colony destroy it. Thanks again!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. Spray them with raid.

You know i'm kidding. How many ants are we talkin about here? 10? pick em out with your fingers. If your plants are in soil and not in a pot, you may have a problem. If they are in pots, put them in a water resevior dish like the ones they make for dog food bowls to keep the ants out. Good luck!

7. Yes they are in small starter pots like solo style cups but a touch larger. I saw three or four and killed them just wondering if there's more in the soil. I will run and get some traps to place around the pots. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. depending on the ants traps don't always work. We have the tiny black ants around here and they don't even go near ant traps. Fucking waste of money.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The worst part about ants is they will build their nest/colony in the soil which can mess with the roots a little. I had 2 outdoor plants that got completely infested with 1000s of ants in 15 gallon totes. I had a lot of things going against me (powdery mildew, pH problems, nutrient problems) and the ants honestly seemed the least of my worries.

Sprinkle some diatomaceous earth on the soil (careful not to get any on flowers as it is a lung irritant). Any time the ants try to climb out through the surface the diatomaceous earth will shred them. This won't help with keeping them out of the soil but it keeps them from chewing on the leaves.

I had ants crawling all over my arms when I harvested so it's still possible to grow a plant from seedling to harvest with an ant infestation.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Put a ring of vasoline around the trunk of the plant. They will get stuck in it if they try to cross it

• Like Like x 1