Ants in my plants?? Help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Killarado42o, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Haha, well i transplanted my plants into 5gal pots along with some Ocean Forest soil. The next day i noticed a small ant, so far i have only found two.I have no clue where these ants are coming from, I think they might of gotten in the pot when we were transplanting them outside. Is there anything i can do to get rid of them? and will they harm my plant?

2. I just feed them two days ago, i dont wannt break my feeding sehedual because they seem to be doing pretty good.

3. Does anyone suggest transplanting again into some fresh soil? im pretty sure the ant got in when i was outside putting soil in the pots.

4. I don't know how feeding the plants is gonna get rid of the pest anyways! :confused_2:

5. sounds like u got 2 random ants congrats

6. Keep an eye on them and make sure they don't transplant any aphids to your plant. I'd smash the ones you find. You could also try a little neem oil wash if you haven't already. Make sure it's cold pressed and mix with soap/water. Not a lot of soap tho.

7. remption-sounds like you got something stuck up your a$$

Thanks for the help guys, Im gonna go ahead and try a neem oil wash.
    Ill post pixs and let you know how it goes.

8. honestly i dont think 2 ants are anything to be afraid of

9. no it sounds like your paranoid and think 2 random ants are a pest infection and made this post looking for help that is not needed

10. ^^ Come on really... GC is all about helping people. No need to make someone feel like shit for posting a question!

You can never be to safe IMO.

11. Just kill them and keep a look out for more , ants can be a real problemo

12. I know ants can be a problem, which is why i asked if there is anything i can to to keep them from populating. For now ill keep an eye out and kill the ones i see, so far ive only seen 3.

13. Plant onions and garlic around plants will keep ants away have to do it wit cherry trees

14. U ride killarado?

15. ^^ Oh yeah dude, Colorado is the best place to thrash.

16. I was bored so i went and snaped some shots of the girls. There only 17days old im using Biobizz nuts/ Ocean forest soil and its working great.

Let me know what you think!!

Attached Files:

17. The plant on the right seems to have a few leafs with only 3 blades?