Ants create a lifeboat in the Amazon jungle - BBC wildlife

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Superjoint, Aug 7, 2009.

1. amazing....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A042J0IDQK4]YouTube - Ants create a lifeboat in the Amazon jungle - BBC wildlife[/ame]

2. Holy shit, thats amazing. :cool:

3. WOW...Smart little critters, they are...

If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago. If insects were to vanish, the environment would collapse into chaos...~Edward O. Wilson

4. Very interesting, never knew Ants did that. :smoking:

5. Just as we do, you must learn and fight to live on...
    Dam little ants are smart!

6. Wow, that was an awesome video. Thank you for the upload, I had no idea that ants could do this.

Loved watching the fish take bites of the "boat." They were damn lucky there weren't any larger fish I think.

7. why are they gathering crack rocks?

8. Yeah theyre smart.

Theyre also little bastards

9. damn that's some crazy stuff

like, i thought they actually built a raft out of leafs and/or sticks

but grasping onto each other and riding on the water tention is even more awesome

10. that is amazing!!

I had no idea ants were capable of something like that

11. holy shit thats crazy :smoking:

12. damn queen... how does their society maintain order?

(violence)

13. That is fucking brilliant. I wonder if an Ant Colony maintains is existence for a significant amount of time, they begin to teach eachother and evolve, almost forming an insect intelligence. Because most ant colonies get wipes out sooner or later, but I wonder if they carry on techniques to other ants.

Idk, makes a bit of sense when your high..I think.

14. That is pretty cool, I wonder if other insects besides ants do something similar in the amazon.

15. This is the single greatest thread ever.:hello: