Antifa

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Go back a couple of posts and read again.

“What’s even funnier is seeing all the rabid Trump supporters on here who have now turned their back on their Messiah.”

2. Antifa without fascism
    Irish political studies, 2019

Abstract

"The anti-fascist movement is generally viewed as a reaction to the extreme right by concerned left-wing activists. Therefore we would not expect the Antifa to feature in countries where extreme right activism is not a feature of the politics. However, Ireland has no significant extreme right but it still has an anti-fascist movement that plays an influential role within radical left circles. By treating Ireland as an outlier in relation to the existing reactive explanation for anti-fascist mobilisation this paper takes a deviant case analysis approach to generate novel hypotheses behind the reasons for the anti-fascist movement. First, anti-fascism acts as a site of left convergence, an area of unity that transcends the usual ideological divisions that can impede other types of political collaboration in a fragmented radical left activist base. Second, in the absence of effective extreme right forces, anti-fascism acts as a form of prophylactic action. In effect, the aim of this activism is to deny political space to extreme right micro groups before they become a popular force or a more serious political threat. Finally, a close cultural lineage between elements within the left and a past revolutionary tradition will increase the appeal of anti-fascist activism among left-wing activists. "

Antifa without fascism: the reasons behind the anti-fascist movement in Ireland

seems antifa is like a determined cult of like-minded loo lahs. troublemakers without a cause.

3. Really? A research paper by some unknown? Makes sense now how you ended up a fanatical Trump supporter while he was winning.

That said, he does summarise well why there is no strong far right movement in Ireland.

• Funny Funny x 1

4. well, ireland certainly has its own share of extremist loo lahs. if antifa isnt an organization per se then perhaps it's just a cult. i'm sure all of us here could learn exactly what "antifa" is all about if we'd just look at all the extremism going on in the EU. thank the heavens i live in america! i dont think there's a decent place left to live on that side of the planet. lol man oh man.

i'll say again, thank the heavens i live in america!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Still don't see any trump supporters. Let alone anyone claiming him to be any kind of messiah.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I think I saw someone post that Trump was the real creator of man. He’s actually a light being from another dimension that has manipulated our DNA to create Homosapien.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. You’ve no understanding of extremism or Europe if you think we’re more extreme than you guys.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. So you see no former Trump supporters in this thread?

May I suggest a trip to the optician?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. All you have to do is give me a quote.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. that is true and i really dont care to understand either of the two. based on how society appears in your neck of the woods and considering your aging days all i do is look at the fruit of your efforts for the past 40-50 years, or however long you've worn your proud social justice garments, and i say there's not a lot of fruit to be seen in the EU from any of your like-minded loo lah efforts. the entire continent is in a shambles man.

i just shake my head at the ludicrous nature of your commentary. it's kinda shameful really.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Keep shaking your head, you might shake a bit of sense into it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1

12. honestly when i shake my head what i hear is what everyone else hears when they shake a spray paint can. it's fucking noisy in my head komrade dude. and the ringing in my ears is like a constant high pitched whine similar to the words i read in these threads: whine, whine, whine.

somebody answer that damn phone! .... :smoking:

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. You’re not shaking it hard enough Comrade. Put on some AC/DC and really get into it!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. it's just the tinnitus. sometimes i can go with the flow of it and other times it just makes me ornery. :bongin::bongin::bongin:... and no doubt there are a few cranial circuits askew. know what i mean? haha my damage is permanent man. :smoking:

what's that... i heard something scratching:smoking-banana:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Lol

“In April, Wray was grilled by Republicans about what he thought of antifa during a House Intelligence Committee hearing.

"We consider antifa to be more of a movement. … There are certainly local and regional nodes, individuals who self-identify with antifa, who commit violent attacks citing that as their motivation, and we have a number of predicated investigations into such individuals. Antifa is a real thing; it’s not a fiction, and it’s a concern," Wray said.
    As an example of the rhetorical debate over antifa, last month FBI Director Christopher Wray contradictedPresident Joe Biden’s comments about antifa, with the bureau chief arguingthat the radical leftist group was not just an “idea” but rather a real threat that the FBI was investigating.

Former CIA Director John Brennan warns about left-wing rhetoric and antifa

16. We agree that antifa is bad.
    We agree with Brennan that violent extremism from either side is bad, and that people from both sides need to be careful about rhetoric.
    We disagree about how important and widespread antifa is.

Wray said several things about antifa during a time when trump wanted antifa to be the country's biggest bogey man.
    Including this direct quote, "It’s not a group or an organization. It’s a movement or an ideology.”

The best way to judge a group is by how much violence it does.
    From Trump frequently accuses the far-left of inciting violence, yet right-wing extremists have killed 329 victims in the last 25 years, while antifa members haven't killed any, according to a new study
    right-wing extremists have killed 329 victims in the last 25 years, while antifa members haven't killed any, according to a new study
    I haven't looked into the details of that study, but it matches my own observations that go back to the OK City McVeigh bombing.
    Antifa probably does some physical damage during the northwest US protests that sometimes happen over economics, and that's unacceptable.

My bottom line is that the fbi needs to keep tabs on antifa, but that right wing extremists are a much greater threat.

The biggest terrorist threat right now is from the white supremacists, according to Wray.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Didn't see the Q-anon topic but they and other right wingnut groups like to blame anti-fascists such as antifa for their own insane deeds so dropping it here, maybe one of Q's defenders or explainers can chime in and explain some of this insanity. This article is well documented on dozens of other sights and TV news so it's not just an "insider" thing. This guy is being held for killing his baby and a 2 or 3 yr old, multiple stabbings with a wood spear. It'a a basic "Q" made me do it excuse... Oddly enough the guy had no history of mental illness in his 40 yrs prior but sure did flip out over the conspiracies...

"Coleman told investigators that he was "enlightened by QAnon and Illuminati conspiracy theories," and that he was "receiving visions and signs," and "saving the world from monsters," believing that his wife possessed serpent DNA and passed it on to his children, according to the complaint filed by FBI agent Jennifer Bannon."
    "He also told investigators that he "knew it was wrong, but it was the only course of action that would save the world," according to the complaint."
    Let's see Q try to blame antifa for this... :mad2:

California surf instructor accused of killing his children with a spear because of a QAnon conspiracy theory about 'lizard people,' according to the FBI

California surf instructor accused of killing his children with a spear because of a QAnon conspiracy theory about 'lizard people,' according to the FBI

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

18. covid vaxxer. probably got a third or fourth booster.

wth man, are you really going to propagandize a heinous murder by an insane person? that's low. "didnt have a history of mental illness". No sane person would do something like what he did.

that's stooping mighty low just to try and score a one point shot. i call foul.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Your "no sane person would do ..." comment deserves a place alongside a similarly false criminal excuse of "nobody would be stupid enough to do ..."
    Even if that person is insane the Q-Cult deserves blame for pushing an insane person over the edge.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Well if his kids were lizard people, what choice did he have? Clear cut case of self defense. Stand your ground.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1