anticipated Hip Hop Albums in 09

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by johnnycool, Jan 30, 2009.

1. which releases are you anticipating the most?

i personally cannot wait to get..

Jay-Z - Blueprint 3
    Big Boi - Sir Luscious Leftfoot: Son of Chico Dusty
    The Clipse - Till the Casket Drops
    The Slaughterhouse album (Joe Budden, Royce da 5'9, Joell Ortiz and Crooked I)

what are yall waitin on?

2. Souls of Mischief - Montezuma's Revenge

3. #3 420gamer4life, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
    Is Wheezy's new rock-ish album droppin in 09? thats on my list

4. Dr. Dre - Detox... if it ever comes out
    Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3
    Mos Def - The Estatic
    Rakim - The Seventh Seal
    Rhymefest - El Che
    WC - Revenge of the Barracuda

5. *Zion I - The Takeover

*P.O.S. - Never Better

*Gift of Gab - Escape to Mars

*Method Man - Crystal Meth

*Big Boi - Sir Luscious Left Foot

*Doc & Tical - Blackout 2

*The Reflection Eternal album

*Royce The 5'9 - Street Hop

*Deltron 3030 - The Deltron Event

*Evidence & The Alchemist/Oh No - Step Brothers/Gang-Green

*Mr. Lif : I Heard It Today

Anticipating but not holding my breath on:

*Dre - Detox

*Outkast - 10 the Hard Way

*MF Doom & Ghostface: Swift & Changeable

6. Dre - detox detox detox DETOX FUCKING RELEASE IT ALREADY ;_;

Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Linx II (WTF IS TAKING SO LONG RAE)

Chamillionaire - Venom (although a song with Good Charlotte sounds as appealing as being jabbed with needles in the ear canal for a solid 3 minutes)

Big Boi - Sir Luscious Left Foot

Redman & Method Man - Blackout! II

Mos Def - The Ecstatic (here's hoping he doesn't end up with another True Magic)

i lost interest in Em's new album because personally he's been making a lot of bs since the Marshall Mathers LP, and "Crack A Bottle" was garbage.

I'm somewhat interested in Lupe's 3-disc goin'-out-hard album L-U-P-END...but I mean, most of his best work was on his mixtapes so I don't know what to expect. The Cool was underwhelming and Food & Liquor was okay.

& i'm not interested in any of Weezy's potential new albums. Split album with Juelz Santana? nothx. Carter IV? unless he takes it back to the Carter II's style, forget it. Rock album? I've heard his attempts at rock-rap mixes in his earlier albums and it's underwhelming, for lack of a better term. And god knows I don't want to hear any more of T-Pain, but a split album under T-Wayne....*shudder*

7. I will agree that crack a bottle was a shitty song, and i hate eminem, but i find it impossible that there is anyone that can't love Dre's verse in that song!

And i think the only good wheezy rock song i liked was "Let It Rock" with Kevin Rudolph

8. I'm not too fond of lil wayne, i saw a vid of him doin that prom queen song live, does he he even know how to play the guitar?

1. dr dre. - detox
    2. jay z - blueprint 3
    3. Raekwon - OB4CL 2
    distant 4th eminem if he puts out stuff better than recently.

9. UGK - 4 Life

comes out spring 09

10. Tech N9ne - Sickology 101

11. eminem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crack a bottle was his way of going back to his old style of music, not that debbie downer shitt

waynes rock cd - the rebirth due april 7 (honestly wayne, i can't listen to this garbage)

and lupEND got pushed back like a year haha, he said that he three cd's one coming june, then december, then next june, and then finally lupEND will come in june 2010 cuz of a contract issue

12. Eminem doesn't write music for the sake of music anymore, he writes music to sell records. I'm sure theres a mathematical formula out there somewhere that can tell you how to make a eminem CD. After Marshall mathers he went downhill. He fucking sucks.

And lil wayne doing rock? What next, Neil Young making a rap song?

EDIT: Spelling.

13. your just gunna have to wait and see till the album come out, he gunna seel over a milli the first week, and it not gunna be on some bullshit either, he back in full swing, and do u rele think eminem the multi millionaire who has accomplished everything cares how much he sells? no he even said in a recent interview he just in it for the fun

and yeah i can't stand waynes rock stuff, its terrible, he killing his rap career which i knew would happen

14. Not many people bringing up the new:
    Eminem - "Relapse" album

15. i will download it all

16. There's been mention of his new album in almost every post in this thread:confused:. And to the poster above, I will download every new album released in Zune's hip-hop section, as i have been doing for 6+ months now:hello: Love Zune's unlimited download policy:D

17. Mostly about how people who have taste in hip-hop can pretty much agree to expect the album to be garbage.

"Crack A Bottle" as eminem's way of going back to his old style of music? lmao, please.

18. I agree that "crack a bottle" sucks, but once again i love Dre's verse in that song

19. Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II

I've been waiting for this to drop for a looooooooooooooooooooooong time.

20. Same
    Tech N9ne never disappoints