anti-weed commercials

Discussion in 'General' started by negligent, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. why is it that stoners are so against anti-weed commercials

i mean sure some of em are just ridiculous and lie, but other ones arent allt hat bad, like the one where the dudes are standin behind a horse gettin kicked n its like \"you know a dumb idea when you see one, live above the influence, live above weed\"

i mean do you as a stoner really ENCOURAGE people to smoke weed?

honestly, i think people are far better off if they just never smoke weed or do drugs in the first place, your not \"supposed\" to do drugs anyway, doin drugs really does nothing as far as advancing our society

so why get pissed that someone is tryin to stop someone who is like me from smoking pot, alot of people will argue that weed isnt a gateway drug, but for me personally and alot of others, it indeed was, i smoked pot, and the realm of \"illegal substances\" was entered and from there i didnt care about the fact that drugs were illegal like i used to, i just wanted to try everything there was to try

5 years later look where i\'m at, i was doin real good not doin any drugs for about a year, n now i\'m up shitcreek without a paddle

so this is just my lil memo to not get so mad about anti-weed commercials, there just tryin to keep that addictive personality kid from fuckin his life up, its a personal choice, why get mad about it

imagine the world if there were commercials encouraging people to smoke pot, cuz i know alota people that dont do a damn thing except smoke weed now n its like they cant go a day without it.

2. I think we DO need drugs, yes. Humans evolved with drugs for millions of years, he have a NEED to alter our conciousness. I don\'t mean be fucked up all day every day, but yes, a need, in most cases. we evolved so that THC, caffine, cocaine, etc effect how they do because of this need.

I\'m not advocating use of anything that makes you think diffrent, I\'m very careful about drugs and do nothing but psycadelics, but that\'s because I care about my body. you can safely alter your conciousness in a plesant way, why shouldn\'t you do it?

If everyone saw drugs as I do, I think the world would be a much better place.

3. no, u dont NEED drugs

you NEED

FOOD
    SHELTER
    WATER
    HUMAN COMPASSION
    CLOTHING

if we NEEDED drugs, there\'d be alot of dead people

you WANT to alter ur conscious

4. i think those commercial are complete bullshit.. i think they should focus on other hardcore drugs. hello heroine and crack?

5. neg,,,,seriously i think yer one of the coolest people i\'ve had the chance too see speak,,, you\'re a smart fucker!!!i houpe you keep on keepin\' on!!!

6. I also wonder about some of the people who get worked up into a lather over a dumb commercial. It annoys me the way the government characterizes weed as something that deadens you and separates you from society...nearly anything can have that effect on the right type of person. I do, however, accept the reality that drugs are illegal and that the dog wags its tail, not the other way around and until there\'s a change at the top, the commercials they run are going to reflect the party line.

7. yea sure they should focus on harder drugs is

but the simple fact is

most people dont start off smokin crack or shootin dope

most people smoke weed first cuz it seems to be the most harmless

n thats why they call it a gateway drug, sure theres people who\'ll do coke before weed, but most people get into drugs through smokin weed, hell how many people who started smokin weed said \"i aint fuckin with nothin but weed and maybe mushrooms\" and then eventually got into pills or somethin, say they tried percocets, liked the buzz, so they try oxycontin cuz its pure percocet, like that buzz, so they do heroin cuz its almost the same thing but a hell of alot cheaper

wa\'la, recipe for an addict, thats how i started doin dope again, oxycontins came back around n i was like \"fuck payin 50 bucks for an 80, shits makin me broke, why not pay an extra 30 bucks n get 10 bags of dope\"

8. Every anti-weed commercial I have seen is just so far fetched and over the top. So people think weed is something it\'s not. So then once they try weed they might think other, harder drugs aren\'t as bad as they have been made out to be.

I think they need to be honest about weed, and people need to know about addictive behaviors. It\'s pretty easy to look around the family tree and see risk factors.

9. i personally love the \"above the influence\" commerical where the kids sittin in his computer chair and slowly over time he turns into one big beautiful bud then busts out to a over weight bald guy.. gets me everytime

10. No, I\'d rather people were encouraged to be open minded.

11. Well I wouldn\'t have a problem with anti-weed TV spots and commercials if they weren\'t blatant lies. See how successful the anti-tobacco \"advertisement\" has been - tobacco use has been in decline. Cannabis should be legal, as most of us agree, but it\'s use should not be encouraged, no more than the use of alcohol anyway. I blaze, I get drunk, but I don\'t condone the uses or think anyone \"should\" or \"must\" - it\'s a personal choice; and if you choose not to alter your consciousness, then more power to you.

On another note, I hate when those who live abstinent of altered-state consciousness judge those who decide to indulge - judge someone not by their alcohol or marijuana use - judge them for being an idiot if it applies :p Sorry that I went on a little tangent here.

12. some people think the reason our early ancestors brains got so big so quickly was because of shrooms from cows, why do you think some religions worship cows?

13. personally i think marijuana should be encouraged for many uses, and harmful drugs should be at least frowned upon...

i believe the reason people get into other drugs is because they figure that the government lied about pot(after they realise its not nearly harmful enough to be a schedule 1 drug), why wouldnt they lie about other drugs?
    since marijuana is classified into categories with heroin and cocaine it really makes it look bad.

there is no one mind altering substance that can be called bad. abuse and addiction are the problems.

14. You answered your own question. Most are ridiculous and lie, others use exaggerated scare tactics, most also support stereotypes. It spreads fear and helps people develop an unjustified dislike for people like us. And come on, you really think that commercial with the horse makes a good point? Weed is one of the safest drugs whether you are talking about legal or illegal. A kid can get into a medicine cabinet and kill himself with almost anything he finds in there.

That just depends on the situation. I don\'t pass out dime bags during Halloween, but if someone said, \"Alcohol or pot?\" The answer would be pot. Same goes for most pain medications. Use marijuana. The fact is, marijuana should be available for a choice both medicinally and recreationally. It\'s a much safer alternative for both.

Who says whether you are supposed to do drugs or not? If that\'s how you feel, do you also agree we should do away with all modern medicine and all other types of drugs (tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, etc)? None are things we are \"supposed\" to do, right?

You are the one who made those bad decisions. Blaming marijuana for that is you merely searching for a scapegoat. The reason many people try marijuana first is because it\'s one of the most widely available illegal drugs. If marijuana didn\'t exist some other drug would take that title and it would have been the first one you tried and it would have been your \"gateway drug\".
    The gateway drug theory is completely ridiculous as there is NO way of proving someone would do harder drugs with or without the influence of marijuana. If I were to fall for the gateway drug nonsense I would say alcohol was my gateway drug into weed because I was wasted and it impaired me enough to try weed.
    Many people don\'t take harder drugs because they realize there are serious risks with those drugs, while marijuana is a relatively safe drug. This could also be a contributing factor to the high number of marijuana users.

First off, again, there is a difference between a dislike for anti-marijuana ads and wanting to have pro-marijuana ads.
    Second of all, not everyone is a stereotypical \"do nothing\" stoner who doesn\'t contribute to society. I know a large amount of successful people who smoke pot often. Similar to how not everyone who drinks alcohol is an alcoholic. There is no written rule that says if you smoke pot often you can\'t be successful.

My wife and I both own our own businesses and I also work for the state. Our house is paid off and our cars are paid off. I have a friend that smokes a lot and owns his own business. I know people in many professional fields that smoke pot often and are doing very well for themselves.

No offense, but just because a bunch of your friends don\'t know how to keep their priorities in order doesn\'t mean the rest of us can\'t.

15. ^^^ Thank you!

Really? Really! I got into alcohol first because it seemed \"the most harmless\" and it was easily accessible.

It may seem like they can\'t go a day without it, but it\'s a mental thing IMO I\'m not physically addicted to pot and it won\'t kill me if I smoke everyday.

You really are negative, dude.

16. It\'s not that I\'m against them, I just think its bullshit that we can\'t have.. Anti-Fast-food commercials. Or anti-lazy-fuck commercials. Or anti-government commercials. (lol, yeah right)

Honestly, I think commercials should advertise goods and that\'s fucking it.. Kids have enough people telling them how to live, they don\'t need a fucking TV commercial to further influence their life choices.

17. Well here, the anti-drug commercials rock big-time. :D

A campaign a few years ago had a teenager puking rats. I love when they put a little special-effect effort into it.
    I think they serve a purpose. Kids shouldn\'t mess with drugs. Not only because I think they should focus on school (yes, school), but the peer-pressure is insane. And to get the kids to stay the fuck away from drugs, the commercials can have an effect (I swear, that one with the rats was FREAKY).

But blaming drugs for whatever problems one might have is bull.

18. We need anti-fat commericals. If Obesity is an \"epidemic\" like they say it is, they should be doing some PSA work. Not for a drug that causes little to no harm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.