Anti-Ron Paul article

Discussion in 'Politics' started by garrison68, Dec 22, 2011.

1. he obviously made an error in judgement (20 years++ ago.) He should have known what was going on.

yes they are things that should absolutely be asked.. but he already answered them a million times in 2008 and another million times in 2011.

I have yet to hear any audio of him ever saying such things.. ever.
    i mean a guy who is obviously this racist and insane, would have said this stuff to someone over the last 40 years or so, no?

you would think that someone along the way would come out and say that they heard him say stuff like this, no? All there is are these newsletters.. no audio, and not one person came forward and said "i heard Ron Paul say this or that"

what kind of racist is he, if he only printed it in the newsletters?

also there's absolutely no proof whatsoever that he made any money off of any of this.

2. Meh. Kirchik's an anti-Paul bigot; he'll believe anything bad about the man.
    Which is odd, seeing as how he's also an outspoken gay rights advocate.

RP has addressed these issues before. Let's see if the morons have come up with something new, or if they can only rehash old, worn out, broken arguments.

3. This was ONE mistake he made. ONE. And it was almost 30 years ago. If the only dirt you can come up with is a couple newsletters that were written 20-30 years ago and weren't even written by him, that's pretty pathetic. They're grasping at straws...

I mean come on, people make mistakes. Should he have payed better attention to the content? Of course. But it's not like he told them to write that. Ron Paul is clearly not a racist. If you can't see that, you are utterly blind.

Plus, show me all the letters that were written over a decade. Is it true it went on for that long? And show me where he made over a million dollars.

4. again.. where is the one person in all these years to come forward and say that he said this stuff to them, or near them?

this isn't your typical "i hate black people stuff" this is serious hate monger crazy shit..
    i just have a hard time believing that someone who is that insanely racist, has been quiet about it his whole life, except for these news letters.

it just doesn't add up..

5. *tin foil hat on*

I bet people were sent in by the government to infiltrate his ghostwriters and wrote these things after they found out what he stands for when he served congress. They didn't want him gaining any traction if he decided to pursue his career in politics, so they wrote these to discredit him.

*tin foil hat off*

:smoke:

6. #26 Arnack, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
    actually it was proven, via tax reports... he made a lot of money from it, and he almost admitted it in recent interviews

and it's not like ron paul had no clue about these newsletters, he promoted them casually numerous times, even when this bigotry was still being written [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY3ssysFnMo]In 1995 Ron Paul Touted His Newsletter - YouTube[/ame]

i just find it odd, that in the 90's, he defended his letters, saying everything was being taken out of context, and it wasn't 16 years later when he finally said he never wrote them.

and yes, these letters and similar language occurred for over a decade, when the newsletter were in circuit

7. top comment

8. this "business investment newsletter" is the same newsletter that's being talked about for being racist?

are we sure of this?

9. yes, it apparently had numerous names... "Ron Paul's Political Report, Ron Paul's Freedom Report, Ron Paul Survival Report, and the Ron Paul Investment Letter"

someone mad :eek:

10. #30 Norma Stits, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
    so it was one newsletter with 5 different names?

i'm confused

edit: and did it "apparently" have 5 different names, or did it actually have 5 different names?

11. they were a series of newsletters and each series had its own name

12. Isn't this old news?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQTM6aBWBHQ]Ron Paul Racist Newsletter's EXPLAINED - YouTube[/ame]

13. and each one was racist?

i donno man..

i didn't believe the reverend wright crap w/ Obama, and i don't believe this either.

i want someone to come forward and say they heard Paul say racist things, or someone to come forward and say they heard Obama say anti American racist things..

If Paul were this much of an insane hatemonger, someone had to have heard him say something..

all we have are these newsletters.. and that's just not good enough.

14. Anti-Ron Paul is code for Anti-Freedom

15. I will play your silly little game August. 30 years ago when I was two years old I remember hearing someone say something about Ron Paul's newsletter and that they think Ron Paul knew about it and that meant he was a true racist. That makes him a racist!

then add on the fact that someone wrote a scathing article about Ron Paul and they think he is racist then someone posted that factual opinion of a review...I mean damn dude!!! What more proof is needed?!?!:hello::p

16. also he is from Texas..

and them Texans are pretty racist.

17. yup. why look at GW bush. he's so racist he steered Katrina into New Orleans!

18. Everyone knows that racism is a white problem. Obama is half-racist.

19. I'm not sure where all the attacks on dabbling in conspiracy theories are coming from. It strikes me as completely fitting that someone like Ron Paul would be suspicious of the government. Just because someone is willing to discuss conspiracy theories doesn't make them a quack!

20. Everything to degrees of course. Other than that I agree. If you talk about the conspiracy of alien landings at Roswell and implanting of alien technology in the brain, yeah, I might call you a wacko. But someone who can actually find correlations between conspiracy theory and reality, cough like in government cough cough...then yeah, I have no problem.

Once it leaves reality though, I am gone. So far, he hasn't.