ANTI-G.O. / 420 Formula Rant (Save MONEY)

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by zxzDarkCloudzxz, Mar 16, 2010.

1. #1 zxzDarkCloudzxz, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2010
    please dont spend ur money on grungeoff/420 forumla for glass.
    its over priced wayyyy too much!
    i went to autozone and bought a (2) 2.5 gallon tanks of purple power for 10.99 each
    thats less than 5$ FOR A GALLON!

get a rubber stopper the size of your joint off an EVERYday website.
    pm for info.
    with the amount i got for that price, its going to last years. without a doubt.
    fill your tube with the purple power

1-perc's pieces
    hold ur gloved hand over the mouthpiece, and turn the tube sideways and fill it til it cant be filled anymore. this is because air gets trapped above some percs
    for me, its my trees
    let it soak over night.

2-nonperc'd pieces
    fill completely and let soak overnight

3-stems / slider joints
    gunk will wipe right off with a q-tipo.
    Only a few seconds of submersion is required for the small, often cleaned pieces.
    Mere seconds!

Spill it back into the jug to be reused. over and over again.

get a tall and wide jar for all of your pieces and soak them too
    compelety submerged

all you gotta do after, is run water thru it a bit and rinse it out.

best $20 ive spent in a while.
    thank you!

2. What are the ingredients in purple power though?

3. It seriously works, I've seen the OP clean his pieces using the Purple Power and they looked brand new in just one cleaning. Stop wasting your money!

4. i use kosher salt ($1.87) and 91% iso alcohol (2.44) and it does a pretty good job...but ive realized no matter what i use even if i soak it overnight i cannot clean the inside of the splash guard...do you think purple power will help me with this?

5. i know for a fact it can.
    i used to use salt and iso.
    until i realized it was labor intensive.
    PP is not.
    i also soaked my ice pinched slide in it the other night
    iso could not remove the gunk that was in the pinches.
    i was very please to see it was sparkling clean after PP

6. #7 sinsemillaplease, Mar 16, 2010
    Hey Mr. Simpleton :poke: One bottle of GO will outlast 5 gallons of purple power... and Formula 420 is just iso + salt.

Also did I mention purple power actually sucks... a lot... at cleaning dirty glass. I know from experience. Leaves a haze of resin that builds over time... along with hard water stains. See you in a few months when you realize it for yourself... despite how convinced you are of its superiority right now.

7. How is iso+salt labor intensive, it takes about 5 minutes for me to clean my bong, downstem, slide, and a/c, and i use all the same iso, just pour salt into each individual piece and pour the iso in after each cleaning.

8. Have you used grunge off before?.... Iso and salt is cheaper and all but nothing compares to grunge off. And i wouldnt use formula 420 and GO in the same sentence.. 420 cleaner is garbage.. GO doesnt use abbrasive. Also, Ive tried this "purple power" BS. It costed me 25 dollars for a quart of it... Not 5 bucks a gallon.... AND the stuff barley worked AT ALL even after extensive soaking.. It even tells you to add water to water mixture down and make it even WEAKER. I call BS. Although the only advantage is this purple liquid looks cool in your tubes.

9. where can u get the rubber stoppers?

10. Bullshit !!!!!!!!!! You are either a rep for 420 cleaner or just flat out lying.

4.99 for a gallon
    Purple Power All Purpose Cleaning Solution 1 Gallon America's Farm & Home Store

2.5 gallons of it for 13 dollars
    Purple Power Industrial Strength Cleaner/Degreaser by Purple Power - Part 4322P - Advance Auto Parts

11. its 100% always re-useable.
    its wayy more cost effective than G.O. and SimpleGreen.
    thats my argument.
    @Basak, 420f is not garbage. I stood by that for quite a while with my PHX tube.
    it works. therefore, it is not "garbage". Just overpriced.
    and how does PP leave hard water stains?
    Im trying to figure this out too.
    @Kevin, Iso and salt requires you to shake vigorously.

12. 420 Cleaner is alcohol sand and food coloring.

Waste of money.

GO is superior IMHO. I use 91% alcohol and course kosher salt which does the job fine AS LONG AS YOU DONT LET THE GRUNGE BUILD UP.

If you keep up with piece maintenance then you don't have to buy the expensive cleaners.

13. #14 jimbo7, Mar 16, 2010
    I have to agree that there are a lot better options out there than Formula 420, but it does do exactly what it says it does and extremely quickly as well. I use it, but I also get a few bottles free with every (glass) purchase, so the main knock against it is moot for me. If I had to actually pay for it I doubt i would until I had at least tried the other frequently mentioned options.

EDIT: changing 'every purchase' to 'every glass purchase' because it's what I meant. :)

14. No, all you do is swirl it for like 30-60 seconds and then pour it out and your piece is brand new clean. I've never had a stain iso and salt couldn't take care of in minutes. People try to make it sound like its a workout or something hard to do, it couldn't be easier.

15. Ya thank you. Its not strenuous activity, i don't have any perc'd pieces so all i do is swirl it around for a bit, then pour it out and rinse. It's not like i break a sweat cleaning...

16. Word.

My best friend owns a shitty perced china tube and it's still just as easy. You just pour the salt and iso into both chambers instead of one and then swirl it like before. Swirling your tube isn't going to break your perc, maybe if you were "shaking vigorously" like you where trying to kill your tube you could break a perc but swirling is fine.

17. 420 cleaner is GARBAGE because its salt and iso in a freaking bottle that you pay 21 bucks for. Oh and nice try alex, but wrong purple power asshat. Purple power glass cleaner..... Not purple power degreaser.. This is purple power.Purple Power- Original Formula
    Its overpriced non functional Go. IM a 420 cleaner rep alex?... Or maybe your just a dumbshit tbh alex.

18. Hey "asshat" if you weren't such a "dumbshit" you would know that the purple power I posted was the one the op was referring to. :rolleyes: