anti drug commercial makes me sick

Discussion in 'General' started by mr_mojorisin, Sep 16, 2006.

1. It wasn't what the commercial itself said but what it didn't say.

At the end of if there was a little message that said "sponsored by the partnership for a drug free america."

And that made me think, where's the partnership for a disease free america, or the partnership to end homelessness, or the partnership to better education?

How is it possible that no on gives a shit about the sick and the indigent but they find in necessary to tell other people what they can and can't put in their bodies?

It makes me sick to think that the money spent airing those ads could feed and clothe countless numbers of people...

2. The same reason they probably won't find a cure for AIDS.. Or for the common cold. There's no money in that. They wont cure diseases because if they did, no one would visit the doctors to recieve monthly vaccinations, cold and flu shots. They wont cure it, but they will find a way for oyu to live WITH it.

Theres no money for them in illegal drugs... So they go against it. Then again, there are actual anti-tobacco commercials, and they pull in billions of dollars a year off of just 'casual' smokers.

The most recent anti-drug propaganda I have been noticing states that. 'Drugs are over 30% more pure than they were 30 years ago. Heroin has increased it's purity by 80% and is cheaper than a six pack... (This is the part that gets to me).. Even pot is more pure than it was even 10 years ago. The widespread growth of marijuana has led to much stronger forms of the drug than was available 10 years ago and beyond.'

I also had to read a ridiculous column in the newspaper about why marijuana 'can and should not be made legal'.. in fact, im going to find that article and post it here now. Please hold.

3. Ummm, I thought heroin was mad expensive?

4. I dont reccomend buying any, but the next time you find a pretty open-ended dealer of yours, have him compare the price of heroin to the price of bud. It's pretty cheap.

5. Too bad they don't tell you this 'partnership' is funded by major pharmaceutical, tobacco and alcohol corporations.

6. The weed commercials always make me laugh... the guys sitting on the couch doing nothing just like me.

ha. Its relaxing to just chill sometimes!