Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anti-depressents.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LivinFly, Aug 30, 2011.

1. I'm going to the doctor soon to get some prescribed. I was wondering if I could smoke weed after the doctor takes me off the meds?

2. Blaze one!

3. Not if im gonna go crazy

4. Course you can. The weed might help you better than the pills.

5. depends on your anti-depressants. For example if you were taking venlafaxine of greater than 75mg per day then you may find it takes a few days for you to get back to normal so you might want to give it a few days first. Some other anti-depressants dont have this effect. I wouldnt worry too much though, MJ in small doses releases serotonin, which is effectively an anti-depressant on its own. You aint gonna crazy either way.

6. Don't take the fucking anti-depressants blaze one instead!

7. I'm not rich fool. I'd blaze everyday if I had money. & thanks for the replies

8. Dame...... Burn Some Real ass LETTUCE!

9. Grow then it costs like 10 bucks an ounce sure it's a little steep investment at first but you can save up on anti-depressants and future therapy sessions.

10. anti depressants didnt do shit for me

Not like they fix the problem that went wrong in your life or anything.

I only took them for about 2 monthes.

soon as I went off, it was fucking awful.

11. When the pills don't work the doctor will say, "Well you just have to keep taking them" or they'll give you a 'different' pill.

When I was in my early 20's and got popped off on a weed case my doctor put me on Paxil- worst couple months of my life. Crazy dreams, my sleep patterns were fucked up, and I felt more depressed than ever. Good weed saved me from that poison.

Fuck those pills. Its just like snake oil. Big Pharma is a racket and they want 330 million zombies in this country, who even if they're soul is broken, they can still get up and work for the machine 9-5.

12. Man, fuck that shit. Who the hell gives you pills that hurt you more than they help you?

weed has been the only thing that has helped anyway. I can grow right now but I need to buy a pot and my car is broke. Could I use a bucket?

13. I've had a terrible experience with anti depressants. They do more harm than good from my experience.

14. I had to get off them cuz I had suicidal thoughts constantly. Also a little FYI, all diet soda has anti-depressants in it!

15. i take prozac and still smoke weed, its fineeee!

16. i agree. I took paxil and it has some messed up side effects. I had night sweats, felt like a robot all the time, and practically had 0 motivation. Like, the robot thing is how it treats depression. I didn't really feel depressed or down anymore, but I didn't really feel happy anymore. Basically no emotion at all. Yeah, that's a good one, big pharma!:rolleyes:

17. talk to your doctor about getting a medical marijuana prescription.

18. Well that depends how much plants you have doesn't it?
    My cousin grew one indica, Bubba Kush. Was BOMB DANKK. Except he spend about 100-150 on the setup and only got about a quarter.
    Well... it was a 1/2oz when it was wet, but after curing was only 1/4oz (7g.)

10 bucks an ounce?? What are you growing and how many plants did you have man?

19. #19 mjmama25, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2011
    Most anti depressants permanently change your brains chemistry, the same way hard drugs do. They've even been shown to INCREASE depression and suicidal tendencies. I would really recommend doing some heavy duty reading about the side effects of what ever you get prescribed before you decide to start taking it. It's been proven that people who have a mental break down are more likely to have a second one if they take anti depressants. The best thing IMO is to get to the root of why you're depressed in the first place, and not just try to cover it will pills that may or may not help. Depression always has a cause, whether it's a mental issue or physical issue, and antidepressants don't treat anything. If you're problem is mental/emotional, then maybe a better therapist would help. Or there could be a physical problem such as low thyroid, or unhealthy diet causing your depression. No matter what you decide, like I said, I hope you research it first. Good luck.

ps - it couldn't hurt to ask you therapist about smoking in combination with the meds. It's not like their going to report you for smoking. But in my experience, pot is safe with anything and everything. I've known a lot of pothead pill poppers.

20. Wow, I'm surprised I'm the first one to say this, but....

DISCUSSION OF OTHER DRUGS ON GC IS PROHIBITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with that out of the way,

anti-depressants are the devil. enough said.

but its HUGE $$$ for big pharma, reason they hand them out like jolly ranchers, diagnosing everyone for any reason.