ANT FARM!!!!!! KOOL! the perfect pet

Discussion in 'General' started by wee-one, Aug 20, 2004.

1. dude i had a stroke of genius like.... 3 minutes ago. and ant farm! remember when we were kids and we could get these little plastic things that had a fake barn and windmill and shit. and then there was this fake dirt shit that they dug tunnels in! and you could see them all. and when one died, they would just canibalize it....and you could like...get a warrior ant from outside and drop it in there and they would fight....... dude!... the perfect pet..... better than the pet rock!!!

so.....where could i get one of these???? does anyone know? any internet sits maybe?

how the hell would i get the ants... i remember that i thought it came with a thing of live ones or some shit like that....... dude... i could get those little mini ants from outside.... the ones that you see like piles of on the sidewalk.... like someone spilt soda or something... and you look and they are ants !!! :eek:

so where the hell can you get these??? better collect some ants while its summer ;) get some ants high!

this^^^^ would be KICKASS to watch while your stoned!

2. i can tell yer very high, as am i, what does ants have to do with weed, your wack.

3. damn i am too..... look what i found on ebay.... lmfao...holy shit... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31744&item=5915106283&rd=1 they kill ants.... they draw them in their little holes and them fight and eat them.....lmfao... i think what im gonna do when i get my ant farm is drop one of these little critters in....lol... hope no tree huggers want to kill me for this but.... maybe if i get bored of my ant farm or they start gettting really overpopulated.... i can like... drop an ant lion in and hell kill like 50 or so before he falls victim to the warrior ants !!!!!!! raarrgggghhhhhh

but seriously....its a great fucking idea... you all know yo want an ant farm now.... ;) so kool watching these little guys when you high. youll feel like that one epeisode of dexters lab when him and dd shrink down and go in his GIANT ant farm....holy shit. youll get all into it if your high.

but yeah... im gonna buy 2 mini ones and a central one and they connect thru little hoses....fucking ssswwweeeeetttt.

perfect time to say it: SSHHIIBBYYY!!!!!!!!!

4. haha the ant lions are cool. When we were little we would get small sticks, and find those little cones in the dirt and touch them with the sticks, then the bugs would come out thinking there was something there, and we would kill them. But i wouldnt want an ant farm, im allergic to ants, and if they got out, shit you would have to check me into the emergery room heh.

5. wtf.... your allergic to ants....wtf how... they dont have skin..hair...saliva....or anything. to tell ya the truth.. i think your allergic to some plant that they live next to... lol how are you allergic to ants??? thats a first in my books? anyone else her allergic to ants? lol

6. im allergic to ants biting me. If i get bit by an ant, im in for pain. The area becomes extremly swollen, pus filled, itchy as hell, and all around gross. Multiple bites in the same area are terrible. Its hell for the next week when this ever happens. Went camping with friends for a week. Second day we climbed this trail, I was wearing sandals, and stepped in a fire ant hide away. My foot got bit about 13 times, yeah, ruined the trip for all of us. I stay away from ants as much as possible. and ants do have all the things you just said. They have skin, how else would there fluids stay inside there bodies? They have hairs, there small and sensitive. What youve never seen hunny i shrunk the kids? and as for saliva, im not sure, but they have poison in sacs that secrete through there mouths on command.

7. they have exosceletons that keep evything in... thats like saying "how do they walk if they dont have bones"

damn..... i thought it was just ants in general lol. and i guess they do have hairs... didnt really think too much about that one.

man....ive been looking for these on the net. the original plastic one and all that suck my left nut. they dont really have much room to dig and shit.... i want a big complex one that i can watch when im stoned... and who knows.... ill blow some smoke in there and they might get high....why not? it works with every other pet...lol.

but yeah... i think im gonna make one and go huntin for ants in my back yard...lol. 18 years old and huntin for ants. o yeah... and im gonna find some antlions.... to EAT and DEVOUR the troublesome ants. yeah... i might make a hose that goes from the ant farm another little container with an antlion... so the curious ants get eaten!

8. ho-ly shit! stroke of genius describes this situation perfectly. im gonna save up some money and head down to the toy store some time soon.

9. surprisingly, you've got a point...i never thought ants wood be cool while high, but it wood be truly kickass...and the whole tube to antlion thing is sweet too...have fun building and post a pic or somthing...

10. actually, when i look at that one, the things aer mad small. the tunnel is huge in proportion. fuck it, i jsut gonna get the giant one...http://store.farmgoodsforkids.com/um-0026.html...no connection tubes, but if i want one, i think i could make it myself

11. i think grasscity should start selling ant farms, a lot of people might buy them.

12. Has anyone actually watched an Ant Lion in real life? I saw one once when I was younger, fell off my bike in the woods and my face landed right next to one. The ground was slowly moving up and down(like it was breathing) so I asked my friend what it was and he told me an Ant Lion. Naturally, we took an ant and placed it near the hole, blocking off all escape. When the ant walked over the moving ground....POW...the Ant Lion just jumped up, grabbed the ant, and dragged him deep underground. It happened so fast but it was very entertaining.

I bet an ant farm would be fun. Just sit there stoned watching the ants bump into each other and dig holes. Blow a little smoke in the farm...

13. Its weird that you say that about 2 weeks ago I thought up the same thing but was so stoned I forgot, I think the doller stores have them, im going to check, and beware the cheep plastic ones leak! you gatta tape them up really good and make sure it doesnt tilt and if you remember you gatta feed the fuckers a bit with like apples and shit and it takes them a bit to dig eh overall thanks for posting this because it is alot of fun

14. im gonna do it. im fuckin buying an ant farm. next $20 goes to that.

and yeah, we have ant lions all over during the summer. i can find em in my driveway, at the end where we neer park the cars. crazy fuckers.

15. you shouldnt try to put those farm ants against those lion things until they're big enough this is a quote from their site more of a customer review:

"ANTLIONFARMS.COM"

Name: Dale Welzenbach
    Date: 05/23/04
    Email Address:
    Message: Hi Ian - I purchased an ant lion habitat a couple months ago and I love the guys! They were smaller than I originally expected, but flightless fruit flies were just right for feeding them and they have been strangely entertaining. One note, please urge your new ant lion owners to NOT order the Harvester ants. I made an attempt at feeding one of my ant lions one of those and the ant won, it killed my ant lion. The Harvesters carry a nasty bite. My feedback is definitely positive.

COMMENT FROM ANTLIONFARMS.COM:
    Harvester Ants (Ant Farms ants) are definitely stronger than most smaller, younger ant lions. Smaller ants are recommended until your ant lion gets to about a quarter of an inch big.

16. i had an ant farm once, they got out and my house became infested with them.

17. Haha I can just imagine someone blowing smoke into the ant farm and the smoke starts traveling through all the little tunnels. Then after a few hits the ants start dancing and shit.

18. dddduuuuuudddeeeeee.... i am sooooo doing this too. im thinking tho.... maybe make my own... or buy either the regular one or the super big one.... the thing that sucks tho is that the big one doesnt have any connections for connecting them to other ones.... like an ant lion... damnit. and i want a big one. i think i might just make one?? like out of... idk.... a tennis ball thing... i heard those work good. i might buy the big one tho...so cool.... and im gonna go out and get a queen.... or at least try to find one. now that im older it seems like these things dont even exist.... who remembers slugs...or even snails... i havent seen one for like 5 years.

no prob for informing you guys on this genious idea.... grasscity should ssoooooooo sell antfarms!

anyone know of any different ones other than the normal uncle bens(??) ones?