ANSWERS PLEASE

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheDistance, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Just wanted to know why my white widow auto looks the way it does.. suggestions?? 20190419_181624.jpg 20190419_181633.jpg 20190419_181639.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Probably not enough light and the lights are too far away. It's putting more energy into growing tall aka stretching instead of fatting up the buds because the light is too far away. And more light will let the buds grow fatter. What light setup are u running?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Im not sure why it look's the way it does, but this fella knows why we sound the way we do.;) Enjoy...

4. This is the same exact strain treated the same exact way only difference is this one is under a 450 watt vipar spectra LED and the one im concerned about is under a 150 watt sodium.. 1555778318917.jpg

5. Then why you did not grew them together use the 150 for side lightning

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Honestly the set up is thecway a friend of mine put it.. first grow

7. YOUR LIGHT IS SHITE.

there you go.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Looks to me like it's "foxtailing" from high temp.

9. That confirms my diagnosis then. I'd move the lights down (not too close either because that can cause light burn) and if you can add more light to that one plant, switch around the set up or whatever that's what will help it grow better.

10. Yours is better?..

11. Which one, I have 7.

But yes, they're all better.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I suppose you guys may be right that it is the lighting.. this is my whole grow and everything seems to be growing very well just the one white widow has me questioning it.. 1555873958134.jpg 1555873990786.jpg

13. Mmm i have about the same to be honest.. enlighten me.. what kind of lights are you using?.. care to share some photos of your lights and your grow?.. tips are welcome..

14. Dude they're leggy as fuck, the internodal distance is going to mean you'll be supporting them with string even if they get a few grams on the sites.

You need more light intensity, it's that simple.

And if you don't want abrupt answers, don't write ANSWERS PLEASE as a thread starter. It's hardly polite, nor conducive to anything but flippant responses.

Just my 2p, take it or leave it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. No worries.

I run Mars 2 for veg (1x700w and 4x400w). Actual draw 1100w at the wall.

I run 2 x 600w HPS in air cooled hoods for flower using Sunmaster HPS delux bulbs.

I don't rate LED for flower, but my units are aging a bit. New LEDs may be different.

By the way, this is in a 5ft x 5ft tent. I try to run around 50w per sq foot actual draw.

16. Well im basically using all starter equiptment and hoping to purchase better in the future..
    I use a T5 agrobrite for germintaion and 2 T5s for veg.. for flower i have a handful of lights.. 450watt Viparspectra LED and a 300watt plus 2 150 high pressure sodiums.. and then ofcourse i have fans and exhaust plus purifiers etc....

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 20150109_173215.jpg

That's one of my previous grows.

The scrog is less than 12 inches from the hydroton. They've been LST 'd and lollypopped.

The only way I can do this is light intensity. The training is an afterthought.

The one in the centre is one plant btw, as are the ones to the left and right.

• Like Like x 1
  18. No worries brother. You're doing fine but they're stretching even in veg because theyre reaching for light.

Try to get as close to 50w per square ft as you can. (actual draw)

Even if some assclown disagrees with my summation, this is what you need.

You'll get there.

19. #20 Pabs, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Here's a better image of the training ( I also topped them before LST btw)
    20150109_173221.jpg
    This is what you should get after you remove the scrog and lesser bud sites (lollypoppingand and defol)
    20151116_010819.jpg
    And here's the lights (although as I said these units area bit old now so I only use them for veg)
    20140809_154134.jpg

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1