Another year with Organics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by DeeplyROOTED87, May 13, 2018.

1. What’s up everyone. Just wanted to say happy growing and show you some pic for this years grow. I got some crimson clover growing in some spots. Gotta get more seeds for the rest. I’ll keep posting updates. Hope u enjoy and good luck with year IMG_5147.JPG IMG_5277.JPG IMG_5279.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 7
  2. Lookin good. Happy growing!

3. Nice looking garden space you've got there! Are they all going in the ground or will some go in the big square bed? Do you use mulch too or just cover crop?

4. #4 DeeplyROOTED87, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Thanks. Well my original plan was to grow just 5 plants. One in Each circle and one in the square bed. Last year I had 4 plants in the bed and corn and pumpkin where the circle cover crops are at now. I think I’m going to do one in each spot and if I have more females than male I’ll put them in the square bed. Here’s some pics of how I did the holes in the ground and a pic of last year grow. And as far as mulch goes, yes I will use it. I’m going to use alfalfa hay on top of the clover to mulch that down also. This is my first time using a cover crop. IMG_5059.JPG IMG_5061.JPG IMG_5062.JPG IMG_5064.JPG IMG_3523.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. Why the wire mesh? That wont stop gophers.....

6. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Well that’s y I put it there. I seen some moles in my yard

7. You need hardwire mesh, not stucco wire. I have problems with moles and gophers. Believe me.

8. Lol I didn’t think of that. It just said “chicken wire” on it and thought it would be good. Oh well. I’ll see how it works.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sorry, chicken wire and stucco wire are pretty much the same thing. The important part is getting something that has smaller holes. I get the 1/2" hardware cloth and it works great.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Update pictures. They are 9 weeks old I made seeds last season with pollen from a San Fernando Valley OG. I hit a cookie glue with it and a plant my buddy made. And got some tootsie roll seeds. The ones in the bed area are the males. Not bad 6 out of 17 are males. IMG_5375.JPG IMG_5378.JPG IMG_5376.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. I see you lined your holes that way with wire, im just curious I always was scared it could rust and put unwanted metals (too much iron from rust?) in the soil but its just my thinking.

I always dug 2 feet down (i hit clay there) and lined it in a circle it also goes above ground 4 ft. Am I really safe to line the bottom of my holes with it without fear of rust causing problems?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Beautiful garden !!

14. Gophers are what you need to worry about. Moles are actually very beneficial. they only eat grubs and worms. They dont usually occur in numbers that cause detrimental drops in worm populations.
    The important thing is that they eat the shit out of grubs that eat your roots.

• Like Like x 1