Another Vape thread, about to buy one and im torn.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by doindia, Mar 31, 2009.

1. hey guys i know its gotta be annoying with all these threads but that also makes it hard to search, im about buy my first vape and i REALLY wanna get the volcano but spending 550 right now is not feasible. my main question to the pros of vaping is is there ANYTHING that compares to the volcano for half the price. im pretty picky and im wondering if its one of those "you get what you pay for" type things or if there are some comparable vapes. if not ill wait and save my money. if so what are they so i can do more research.

preferably opinion from people who have used a volcano and other products to compare because i know there are many people who enjoy "non volcano" vapes. however all opinions are welcome.

thanks!

2. #2 joekites, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
    A quality vaporizer will get you just as high as the volcano. The main thing about a volcano is simply how easy it is to use. Turn it on, watch the bag fill, inhale. Couldn't get any simpler than that. With a box vaporizer, its going to take you a few sessions to get the feel for it because you need to find the correct balance of heat and how hard/long you draw on the whip. Therefore, once you dial in on any vape, its going to get you just as high as that volcano will. I do not think that the Volcano is worth $550 for someone's first vape when you can buy a Vapor Bros for $150 or any similar brand or even knockoffs that will cost a fraction of the price.

My suggestion would just be to do your research and choose which one will work best for you based on the features. Your going to get people who say don't even think about anything other than a volcano and others who will say get something else. Its all up to personal preference and how much money YOU want to spend. I personally would hold off on the Volcano to see if you even like vaporizing enough to possibly spend that much on one in the future when you want to upgrade or replace your current one if it breaks...

3. first off thanks for your reply! however, im not buying it because i like it. or to see if i'll like it. smoking after 10 years can take a toll on your lungs and im just trying the healthy route, whether i like it or not ill learn to like it *(dont think that will be hard). also i wasnt referring to getting a vape to get "higher" or just as high with another vape as the volcano i just meant all around, many vapes will get you high as shit, but ive read about a lot of them wasting weed in how they are heated or their parts are cheap and break. lastly i try to do research but there are MILLIONs of vape threads around here which makes it hard, thats why i was hoping some people who have had experience could chime in on some brands and i could research those further. do you have any preferences?

4. there are these volcano knock offs by 'fuji' for like 300. i just got a digi vapor the other day for 150 and its the shit

5. http://www.herbalaire.com/
    pwnt.

I have one, pretty pimp and a lot of people say it's more efficient then the volcano (check youtube vids). Much cheaper too.

6. Look into homemade Vapes, there used to be ppl in the medical forum that were militant about ppl wasting their $ when they could build a top notch one for a fraction of the price.

Ive never used a volcano, but i have used a Supervapezilla, the digi-vape knockoff of the supervapezilla. Ive used a vaporbros and I own a cheapo knockoff vaporbros.

the supervapezilla and the digivape knockoff are by far my two favs, they were super clean looking and maintained nice even temps and vaping.

The box style one i have tends to fluctuate in temp and tends to burn the weed near the element and not get to the weed at the bottom as much. But other than lil inconvenience I cant complain at all, ive had it goin on 2 years and it works great

when i first joined the city the homemade vape thing seemed like a big deal and the best way to go, now they get no attention...

7. My apologies. Well I'm not sure about which vapes waste weed than others. No matter what, any vape is going to be more efficient than smoking. With many vapes, you have control over how much the heat is hitting the weed. For example, you can set a box vaporizer on a lower temperature and pull slower and last longer, or you can set a higher temp for a shorter session with harder rips by pulling harder. The same can be done with a fan powered vaporizer that has different fan speeds.

Some people have opinions about the heating element the vaporizer uses. The volcano vaporizer uses one made out of aluminum and some people have said that the aluminum leaves a hint of a taste and hides the true taste of the weed (happens with any vaporizer made with an aluminum heating element, like many of the cheaper ones from ebay, not saying the volcano is cheap or lacking quality at all). The Vapor Brothers one, and a few others, use a ceramic heating element that apparently does not leave any taste except the weed. I have no experience of this difference, but it is understandable (try both if you can and see if you can see the difference). What I meant about the simplicity of the volcano is that since its fan powered, its going to get the perfect hit every time into that bag. You need to "learn" the perfect hit on any other vaporizer that you draw on.

I would personally love a Volcano. However, right now I can't spend $550 on a vaporizer. It will most likely end up in my hands sometime the future though, haha. The Vapor Brothers is my choice right now. It's only $150 and you can't go wrong with the the quality and lifetime warrantee.

8. ah no apologies necessary and i appreciate your information and everyone elses too, ill check into vapor brothers and see whats up

9. Im about to get a vape too. Ill be getting the Vapor Brothers wooden one with the whip. anyone know where I can get one in the US with a moneyorder?