Another tolerance break question

Discussion in 'General' started by Storms of War, Jan 31, 2011.

1. I've been smoking for 3 years now, every single day. A year ago, I had to take 2 separate month- long tolerance breaks, one in through the full month of April and then another mid- May through mid- June, for job- related reasons. After each, when I started smoking again, I seemed to have the same tolerance level as I did before I quit. By the same tolerance level, I mean I felt as in control of myself, familiar with the high and able to function as if I had never stopped. I definitely got high off of less, but I didn't get the blasted stupor type high as I did when I first started smoking. After nearly two consecutive months of not smoking, I felt fine smoking.

The first time I smoked, I walked up the wrong driveway to a neighbor's house, thinking it was my friend's house. I was gone. I was rambling, confused, sitting there with my mouth hanging open, cotton mouth, the whole nine yards. Now, people don't even know when I'm high unless I tell them. Is it that I'm so familiar with being high that it's just how it is now, or can I get back to how it was when I first started? I mean, if two months didn't do it, I guess nothing will? I just want to know if it's even worth taking a break or not. Maybe you guys can help me out here.

Thanks in advance!

2. Perhaps you need to take a longer break. Smoking 3 years every single day is a lot. You'd probably need a few more months off to really feel a difference.

3. I've taken breaks for a week and come back to smoking to have pretty crazy highs.

I don't think you can ever really go back to your first days of smoking because then you didn't really know what to expect and that added to the experience.

4. I was afraid of that, but I figured it was the case. Damn, thanks guys.

Well, I got this bowl packed, so in the words of Marijuana Man, "Fire in the hole!"

5. This. It sounds like you have a pretty high tolerance. The longer the break, the higher you'll get AND the more money you'll save. ;)

6. Oh, and +rep for quoting marijuana man.