Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. How do you refill the cartridge...what applicator tip would you use??...and what gage would work best??

• Like Like x 1
  2. Greetings, Val8less.

I used a blunt tip needle that came with one of the products I tried. I'm not sure what the size is but as I was searching for those cartridges I was also trying to figure out how to fill them. There were some sellers that included some with the carts but those were with larger packages. I found references to 16-18 gauge and that sounds about right. For my first project with the Viscosity I snipped off the end of a metal flavor injector for meat. It wasn't ideal and didn't fit into the cartridge but it did fit well enough on the edge that it went into it without spillage. For the second one I had the syringe and blunt filling needle that came with it. They're easy to find on Amazon or eBay. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks for getting back to me P'Sam.....I will look at Amazon/Ebay...just wasn't sure on the gage...and 16-18 sounds about right..!!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. This is my trim jar. Had it sitting in 151 in my freezer for a while now. Needed to make sure that mould stayed dead.

La vie est drôle

• Like Like x 1
  5. This is a brilliant idea. I can see where an "infused bourbon" would make an awesome whiskey sour.Of course I can just add a bit of EC 190 GD tincture to my whiskey sour, too. Still it's a great idea.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sam: do you have any idea what the ph of the topicals made using your formula would be? Or if you don't know, how would you test it to find out?
    I have a friend who has been using some of my salve (recovering from breast cancer surgery) and was told by her doctor that the lotion that they had given her had to be a certain ph but she would prefer to use mine
    would it depend on what kind of oils were used?

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. pushu, you can buy pH test strips for aquariums. I don't see why they wouldn't be accurate for other uses. As for changing the pH I'm not sure what you would add, but feel like there would be lots of choices.

• Like Like x 3
  8. So I tried it the other day and took the usual dose (I'm getting it precribed, so I know the numbers) of the dragon mixed into a muffin. I was sceptical what would happen to the tincture while the muffin is in the oven - I thought it would maybe be less potent. Surprisingly, it was stronger! I guess in the oven the alcohol evaporated and the dragon bound to the fats in the muffin and the goods went later on through my liver, making it more potent. Does this seem to be the case?
    I tried this, as I don't like the taste of the prescribed strain, it's way too skunky for me. Taste was great this way. Can't see myself baking muffins all the time though... lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes, sir, the oils would determine it. Joker's idea of a test strip might work. Unfortunately, there aren't any simple conversion calculators to figure it out. I don't know anyone who's had any issues when applying the cream to fresh scars and I do know many who have used it for that purpose, including myself.

I expect the doctor telling her to use a specific lotion may have a stake in the company. I guess I'm a cynic. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. You guessed it, entman. That's exactly what happens. The effects are different with GD than when ingesting it with fats going through the liver. When ingested you have more of the THC converted by the liver into the more potent metabolite, 11-hydroxy-THC. Here's a link that explains it for those not familiar with the process. :)

11-Hydroxy-THC - Increased Potency That Explains the Effect of Edibles? - Prof of Pot

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Once again I have to give credit to Uncle PSam.

Took 2 drops of that first tincture and I'm feeling great. This stuff makes me nice and tired and really relaxed.

Sell a man a tincture and ge gets high and loses a chunk of his wallet.

Teach a man to tincture and he can make medicine for insomnia that really strong prescription meds do nothing for.

Thank you again Sam

La vie est drôle

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Good morning everyone. I just read something interesting in another thread. He says that terpenes lost during an air decarb can be retained when decarbing in oil. What do you think? Credit to LabRat for the idea.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #19954 PsychedelicSam, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    That's not the case, unfortunately. :(

The heat is what's responsible, not the air. The only way to prove it, though, would be with lab testing.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Good morning all,
    I'm currently on page 360, but I've made 3 batches of GD which have all been fantastic. I previously used Master Wu's method which can be potent (not as much as PSam's), but tasted horrible due to the heated extraction. The last batch I made with 1/3 abv, 1/3 deletion, and 1/3 fresh bud. I took 1oz of the GD and did a solvent transfer into agave nectar. My problem is that the agave turned out so thick and viscous that it will be almost unusable for single dosing. Is there anything I can do to thin it out a bit? I'm thinking add a touch of fresh agave but that may not be enough. I know water is the enemy of GD, but I imagine after transfer into agave that may not be the case. Would water work?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sorry for inserting this here, but Sam's BHO decarb video was deleted by Youtube. I am decarbing BHO in a shotglass in a 250 oven. It is never done bubbling at the 30 minute mark, it always takes about 50 to almost 60 minutes until the last, tiny little bubbles stop. Am I supposed to stop decarbing when the rate of bubble formation slows down, or do I keep decarbing until all the bubbles (the little tiny ones) stop? Because in researching this I have gotten conflicting information: I believe Sam's video shows him waiting until all the tiny bubbles stop, but others have said to stop the decarb when the rate of bubble formation slows down. Any thoughts? Thanks!

16. I have a hard time finding his 151 video. I have to use the GC link. It doesn't show up on his channel when I check.

La vie est drôle

17. I decarb until all bubbles cease, or just about. It usually takes an hour.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Greetings, Scopetonic, and thanks for joining our conversation.

I'm glad that the GD is working well for you. That Master Wu is a bit yucky, isn't it? Or so I've heard since I've never tried it myself. I have some that someone gave me and I was going to have it tested just for giggles but haven't had the chance yet.

Of all the solvent transfers you seem to have picked the hardest one but it's worth the effort once you get it dialed in. Agave and honey can be a problem because of their moisture content. The cook time and the heat necessary to get a good infusion has a tendency to make them very thick from the moisture evaporating out of it. It renders then nearly useless for droppers although you can cut the tip off a pipette for better results.

I have started making the honey at double the volume with the same dosage so that I can just use a teaspoon to measure. The agave usually doesn't need that but it may need a little modification to get it to flow when you're finished, as you've discovered. With both agave and honey I add fresh stuff to make up the difference that was lost during the transfer. That will help a lot. Be sure to warm it up so that it will blend smoothly. I also have added water to it when it got too thick and adding fresh stock didn't work. This has worked with no problem. If you add water, you'll need to heat it until it blends. I'd try to add fresh agave first, though. :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Howdy, dannya. Welcome to our conversation.

Part of the problem is the shot glass. It has that thick bottom that insulates it a bit and glass is not a good conductor. It will work, though, but you'll need to give it a little extra time because of that. Like Joker said, it can take longer, up to an hour. I like to wait for all the bubbles to stop if possible but I have taken it out while there was still very light bubbles around the edge. By that point, you've gotten nearly all of it and a little THCA isn't going to make a difference.

Actually, depending on the strain, you may want to leave a few bubbles in it, just a few. If you have an Indica then you'll want all the bubbles gone but if you have a Sativa and want a bit of an "edge" then you'll take it out just a little early. You can make a Sativa more of a couchlock by having the bubbles completely stop then leaving it a bit longer. And you can make an Indica less couchlock by taking it out early. It's all just like a bud decarb in the oven except bubbles are the active unit and not time.

Decarb can be another tool for customizing your product that can be very effective. It's a lot more than just making it active. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 3