Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

Discussion in 'Incredible, Edible Herb' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. PSam is great. I wouldn't have had the same patience he's shown me.

"I'm Livin For Givin the Devil His Due"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Don't just do it without warning him

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I have always said he missed his calling
    Sam you should have be a Teacher

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Couple thick globs refusing to dissolve
    Screenshot_20180805-170808_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. I won't. Not trying to kill the poor kid XD

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Just dip it into the hot water for a few seconds at a time and stir. :mellow:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Got em!

Done!

Thank you so much PSam. Couldn't a dun it without you!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. #19928 STIGGY, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Nice Job
    Give her the test and lets us know how ya did
    Im sure it will be wonderful

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. THANK-YOU-hemp-card_grande.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. #19930 Joker1121, Aug 10, 2018 at 11:35 AM
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 6:52 PM
    Good morning everyone. I was just prompted by an exchange on the forum to add 35 mg of Lucid Dream Green Dragon to my morning coffee and Green Crack hit. Overkill I think, lol. It's great in my coffee, comes on fast and lasts. I settled on a dose of 35 mg/ml and use graduated eye droppers so can dose 0.25 ml accurately and consistently and when I need less than 8 mg for someone I can go to drops.

• Like Like x 2
  11. On the subject of making a GD tincture made with Everclear 190 or moonshine more palatable and/or able to be taken sublingually.

Has anyone tried evaporating off a majority of the alcohol and then adding back a less strong, flavored alcohol? For example, reducing 30ml of GD tincture down to 10ml and then adding back 20ml of (say something minty) 40 proof alcohol. The resulting blend would be 90 proof as opposed to 190, have some flavor, and be easier to handle under the tongue.

Just a thought. Curious if anyone's done this and how it came out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I don't know anyone who's done that but I don't see why it wouldn't work. It's worth a try, I suppose. I don't like the burn, either, and I get around that by adding my dose to a shot glass of water. I then swish it around in my mouth as long as I can before swallowing. This not only involves sublingual absorption but also buccal absorption through the cheeks, gums and other oral tissue. You should start feeling it within minutes and no burn. :ey:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I wonder how a cordial alcohol like creme de mint would work Or any fruit flavored brandy
    interesting.....................

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I would think that you would run into problems with separation with lower proof liquors --- much more so than with 151. But it would be interesting if a high surgary liquor like blackberry brandy, Yukon Jack or SoCo would help keep it suspended. Either way, I think your potency would take a big hit trying to keep everything suspended in the liquid without separating.... You'd be better off just transferring to agave.

15. Yeah, I wouldn't want to try it for a large amount; just a few ml at first. I was considering the dilution and that wouldn't be a factor as long as the original 190 was reduced far enough. As long as it mixes. Another issue might be saturation since the lower proof spirits are going to be more water than alcohol. It's hard to say without seeing it. I don't have any GD or low proof spirits or else I'd try it myself. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  16. PSam. You mentioned decarbing the RSO in coconut oil in the oven (the bud and stems weren't decarbed first).

What's the heat and time for that?

And can I do it in a sealed mason?

La vie est drôle

• Like Like x 1
  17. 240°F for 2.5 hours. You can do it in a sealed mason jar. There's no smell, though, so you may want to loosen the lid. You may or may not see bubbles depending on the concentration. :mellow:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Thanks PSam!

Does it mix well with coconut oil? Need anything like lecithin and that?

La vie est drôle

• Like Like x 1
  19. You already have it in coconut oil, don't you? You wouldn't use lecithin until the decarb is finished. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. How do you refill the cartridge...what applicator tip would you use??...and what gage would work best??

• Like Like x 1

Grasscity Deals Near You