Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. I love it! I was in the process of making some strawberry jam last year and got as far as the virgin jam which was very simple to make and was delicious. Unfortunately, that was at the time that my fortunes changed and I never had the ability to follow it up. Be sure to let us know how it turns out. I'm glad that someone is trying it. :yummy:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Absolutely will. And if it turns out good, I'll post the recipe. The one I am trying has no pectin, and is completely preservative free. So far, it's cooking down well and looks like it will be easy as ever to add tincture. Just have to figure out dosage once it has completely cooked down.

Hubby and I went out to breakfast this morning, and as I was spreading jam on my toast, I got thinking to give it a shot. I had blueberries in the freezer from 2 years ago, so figured why the heck not give it a shot. :p

I don't think there has been a single day in the last year where I have not had a jar of 190 proof in the freezer, waiting for the next batch. I actually made a batch of canna sugar last week for one of my patients, as well. She needs to be able to medicate during the day. I already provide her with caramels, dragon oil caps, and neuropathy butter, but figured I could make a batch of sugar, too. If she doesn't like it, no big. If she does, just another added source of treatment. (Awaiting surgery date for bilateral mastectomy, if the docs will even operate.) Oh, and of course, soap. She loves the soap.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Of course, the soap. It sounds like you've got her pretty well set up.

The strawberry jam that I made didn't have pectin, either. Just strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. I wish that I'd had a chance to infuse some. :sad:

• Like Like x 4
  4. He's not the hero we deserve but he's the hero we need.

PSam.

1533436561443.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. It starts bubbling off around 150° or so and won't get hotter than about 170° until it gets down to the goo. I normally use a double boiler with the water boiling or a boiling water bath. :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. I have it in a widemouth mason in a small pot over the stove (an electric one) don't have a water thermometer so I'm using my digital cooking thermometer. It's about 170 in the jar. Had it on half heat and the solution started boiling so I brought it to low heat. Very slow..

"I'm Livin For Givin the Devil His Due"

• Like Like x 1
  7. Should I raise it near the end to get rid of the water? Also getting some sort of white sediment at the bottom. I did the strain then the rinse then another strain not sure what the sediment is.

8. The god of tincture PSam

I dunno why but after seeing you in your vids it reminds me of this guy. Seems appropriate. God_of_Destruction_Toppo.jpg

9. Did you filter it? If not, you'll have to do it when you finish. No, don't raise the heat. :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Yes. Exactly as your vid instructed. Rewatched it 3 times to make sure.

• Like Like x 1
  11. That's all that it can be although the liquid may get white as it goes through the alcohol to water stage. See if it's still there when finished. :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Aye aye captain

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. @PsychadelicSam

Still waiting for the last of the water to evap. It just won't go. Can I throw it in the fridge and continue later? I'm exhausted.

• Like Like x 1
  14. You could have just let it sit with the lid off until later but not in the fridge although that won't hurt it. It probably would have been ready when you got up. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Didn't consider that.

Do I just throw it back on the heat now?

16. Does it still have water in it? How much? Yes, put it back and finish it off. Be sure the water is boiling. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just a little bit. Like a dropper full.

18. No not even a dropper. Like half a dropper.

19. That won't take long. If you had left it open overnight, it would have been finished. :sneaky: