Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Yes, I apologize, if I take flowers and other plant material after I use dry ice can I still use the buds ect?

2. If this is the wrong area for asking questions, please remove.
    I tried making alcohol tincture using 3 grams decarbed bho, 3 oz Everclear and approximately 1/4 teaspoon of liquid soy lecithin (I couldn't find sunflower lecithin locally). I heated this in a water bath on lowest setting (water never bubbled) for approximately 3 hours, stirring frequently until everything dissolved and until it reduced to 1 oz liquid. 5 drops should be approximately 25mg thc. Burns like heck straight up. I add the 5 drops to approximately 1 tablespoon of water. It bubbles-reminds me of hydrogen peroxide. Is this normal? Did I screw something up? Obviously I'm a newbie. Thanks.

3. #19763 Jay_R_1787, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    20180715_125601.jpg about reduction sam, I had 40g of decarbed material ran 16 oz of everclear first run and about 5 oz second run...its very fine ground material due to being vaporized firsthand most material stuck to cheese cloth. How much should I reduce it to? I wanna feel it good lol. It's still filtering atm I'll combine the jars for a total amount of everclear. I haven't decided on the final media to reduce into...I wanted coconut oil and i cant find Lecithin at my local store. Edit I have 19 0z of tincture in a jar

• Like Like x 1
  4. PSam please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you reduce it to gooey RSO first and then reconstitute it.

As for what the reconstitution ratio is that I do not know. Sam has an equation for this.

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."

5. Oh, sure, Dogma1102, you can use the leftovers from kiefing for more stuff. It's not going to be too strong because you hopefully removed most of the trichomes with the sifting but you can concentrate it down to make good products.

And I wanted to thank you for joining our conversation. welcome.gif

• Like Like x 4
  6. Hey I figured it out it says reduce to half your total, thx.

7. Greetings, Julene W, and welcome to our discussion.

Oh, wow, you reduced 3g of concentrate into 1oz of alcohol? You could have just dissolved it into the 1oz of alcohol instead of three and saved that 3 hours but either way works. That's going to give you a pretty concentrated tincture. So you say that it "bubbles" but does it turn the water very cloudy? It doesn't fizz, does it? It should turn the water white at that concentration. Any bubbles should be harmless but be careful with that potency. dragon (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 2
  8. It's ABV, Jay, so you'll want to reduce that 19oz down to about 4oz. Half reduction is for the full strength GD and noobies. Even though the material may still look pretty green, that just means the plant material isn't toasty but it's still been depleted. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. You only reduce to the gooey oil if you're using 151 or got moisture in the tincture. :mellow:

• Like Like x 4
  10. Sounds good, thanks brother!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. What would a single dose be of the final 4oz product?

12. Oh ok. Cool. Thanks Psam.

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. That's not something you can determine with ABV since you don't know how much is left in it. If you want, you can reduce it half then try it. If not enough then reduce some more and try it and so on until you get it where you want it. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Let’s say all of my plant material has been sifted. What should I do with it all? I’m trying to go completely smoke free. I was thinking oil pills and gummy bears with the kief.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ballpark the 4oz tincture how many ml would you guess for a veteran toker?

16. Or is it drops? Lol idk what a normal dose is for the regular green dragon

17. Guess I'll start with a eyedropper full see what happens lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. If you're talking about the depleted plant material then I would recommend that you do like BrassNwood and turn it into an RSO, mix with a little coconut oil and make caps. You would need alcohol for that but it's a good way to wring everything out of your material. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Start off with the same amount you use for your standard tincture and go from there. That's one of those "Johnny on the spot" decisions that only you can make. :huh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. What is the normal dose of full strength green dragon you start folks out on?