Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Hello P'Sam, it's been a while since I have asked you a question ;) ... I have good success making Dragon with 150 everclear... this past weekend all I could find was Bacardi 151, so I made Dragon Lite instead... is there a reason that the 151 does not seem to strip as many trichomes as the EC 150 ? all I changed was using 151 Rum instead of the EC 150... same strain of 3 Bears OG decarbed
    Thanks In Advance

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Good to hear from you again, Earl.

There should be absolutely no difference between Everclear and the rum except maybe a little flavor but I have never noticed that. I use the rum when I do a 151 project. Dragon Lite and this are the same except for all the other stuff this has got. EC 190 is where the difference lies. A 151 tincture gets reduced to oil then reconstituted whether it's EC 151 or rum. You just evaporate what you need with the 190. Did you mean EC 190? :huh:

• Like Like x 2
  3. No Sam, it was EC 150... I live in California ... we can not get EC 190 here... maybe it was the herb I used ? like I stated ... I used the same herb with EC 150 and got different results... I follow your recipes and instructions to a T... Thanks for responding so fast :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Okay, then the EC is 151 and there's no difference between it and the rum other than a little sugar and flavor. What was the difference in the results? You've been evaporating the EC down then adding fresh EC haven't you? Was it stronger or doing something different? :mellow:

• Like Like x 2
  5. the 151 seemed not to strip the trichome husks from the decarbed herb... there was not much debris in the first run or second run of the GD Lite ... I kinda scratched my head about it ... it was plenty strong tho

• Like Like x 1

6. Oh, okay, the husks. That's not really a good indicator but I would think the same material would be the same. It could be anything like maybe the grind or something like that. I used to think that was a good sign until I ran across batches that would hardly have any trich layer but be very strong and there were others that had a thick layer of husks and weren't worth a darn. It seems to me that the husk layer in the filter afterwards is a better sign but not always with that, either. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 2
  7. that is good information... I will just go with that Sam.. I appreciate your input very much ... I will let you know about the next run of GD and the amount of husks or lack of husks... more than likely I will go back to EC 150 since 151 Rum is getting hard to come by here in Cali

• Like Like x 3
  8. I have a pint jar full of vaped weed, what can I do with it? Its ground up finely

• Like Like x 1
  9. From your photo it's lightly vaped bud. I would process it for a tincture with the same tech used for un-vaped bud. PsychedelicSam did lab testing on AVB and found that it still needed some decarb, vaping did not completely decarb bud. I'll look for the test.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah my wife says I'm a vape snob I hit it a few times stir it hit it a few times more and then cash it out. Maybe a total of 20 hits a packed bulb give er take

• Like Like x 2
  11. To be fair I vape @ 400°f (100$ vapebox) not sure how accurate it is

• Like Like x 2
  12. Take your time no rush, the jar will continue to grow lol! A quart jar isn't far fetched by next week

• Like Like x 1
  13. I can't find the test. It's early day and P'Sam will be by I'm sure and can fill in the blanks. The cannabinoids vaporized at 400F will be gone for the most part I think.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I doubt the vape is accurate it hardly singed the weed. Some may be tho where I get too high and forget about it as it bakes away in the vape lol

• Like Like x 2
  15. I was thinking making butter outta it then brownies or cookies

• Like Like x 2
  16. You can do that, but you will need some decarb. Normal decarb is 240F for 40 minutes and I'd do the whole decarb as it sounds like the cannabis hardly gets heated for more than a few seconds or minutes @ 400F.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yeah maybe 3 mins total, if that per session lol.

• Like Like x 2
  18. I hate the popcorn flavor at the end so I avoid that vape fast and furious and reload :vaping:

• Like Like x 2
  19. You can do anything to it that you would with fresh reefer, Jay. As Joker said, that doesn't appear to be very spent at all. You should be able to make a decent oil or butter out of it. Of course, you'll still need to use more of the material since it has been previously tapped. According to my lab testing, you'll still need to decarb it.

Here's the post Joker was looking for showing the lab tests for AVB and also for roach material. :)

AVB vs Roach Dope Lab Comparison Post 8549

• Like Like x 1