Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. [​IMG]
    David Bezekerwitz as we knew him back then

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Apparently he killed about 20 more people than was reported

"Metal Gear!"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Here's a little update on the Viscosity terpene liquidizer. I just finished making my first cartridge a few minutes ago. The fact that I got as far as the cartridge this time is a definite improvement from the last two attempts. I put more time and effort into this one. I winterized the gram of shatter then I had to take the time to let it evaporate slowly. That took the most time but once that was finished, the rest just took a couple of minutes.

I'll get into the details later after I've done it again. Maybe take some pics or a video if I can. It still needs a little practice but I can definitely say that it works like a champ. You're supposed to let it sit overnight to cure with the terpenes but I didn't want to wait. As soon as it was finished I screwed it onto the battery and took the first hit. 2 more after that and I am very buzzed. The taste was delicious, better than the dispensary ones. I can just imagine what it will be like after it cures a little.

I just wanted to let everyone know that much to my surprise, it's successful. More later. fouhelico (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. AWE
    AWESOME JOB my good sir

• Like Like x 1
  5. Not awesome yet but a good preliminary endeavor. It might work up to an awesome job if I ever learn what I'm doing. Right now it ain't pretty. dubitatif.gif

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. That is terrific Sam! And please keep us posted. Sometimes takes me a few months to get together enough Ganga that I can make something and not hurt for the results. Always excited to hear your results and perhaps save myself some loses.. :smoke: So selfish am I !

This week I had about Dozen spent carts, a dab of crumble and remains of a syringe and about100grams of CBD crystals. These were all good carts with THC averaging 85% way too good to waste. Got out all I could with a syringe and blow dryer. And put that in one jar. Next I cleaned out all the parts with everclear and saved that in another jar.

Jar one was for a cream for my joints. Daily Florida thunderstorms are tough. To the scraped up oils I added just a few drops of the everclear solution from jar 2, added my CBD crystals and the crumble. With the oils still warm from the dryer I worked this together until into a smooth paste. I added a tiny amount of a high quality face cream, blended that to temper and that mixed in to 2 oz. of the face cream. ( This was Pond's dry skin cream, a common face cream) Not sure if I wasted the THC, or not but this cream Kicks joint and muscle pain to the ground!

The remainder of jar 2, the everclear bath, I have reduced to a couple ounces. Do you thing this needs further processing? Safe to consume?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Please let me through just one spitball. Haven't done this since 7th grade... Me Me!,,,

:judgekneel:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. The whole purpose of this thread over the years has been to experience and then to share those experiences so that others don't have to make the same mistakes I made and benefit from what I've learned. It's what drives me. If you use carts as it seems you do and can get concentrates then this new project might be right up your alley and a lot less expensive than ganja (flower).

So jar 2 is just from cleaning the parts? Did you disassemble or soak them? How much alcohol did you start with? I think that I would evaporate it down to .5oz to better ensure a decent item worth doing. A few drops are always better than a few droppers in my book. Should be safe to consume.

Jar 1 was a good idea. Since it had most of the significant leftovers at that high percentage and the crumble and the CBD, then your cream was a good use for it. I've done similar things but mine's a Malibu Hempseed Oil lotion from Walmart. You didn't waste it. It should work great that way and saves the trouble of making your own. It has all those other good ingredients that my homemade cream won't have for skin care with the pain relief. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. #19570 Robinthecook, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    I used about 1/2 of a syringe, maybe 2 ounces, to pressure wash the carts that were not really good for refill.
    The ones that would come apart for reuse, I put in the jar? I kept recycling this wash until all the glass and metal parts were clean and the everclear was a nice golden Amber from the CO2 oil. I guess I reduced this by 1/2, but it's still way to thin. I use a small mason jar in the bottom of an old crock pot on low for a safe evaporate. Guess I should go further until what? It leaves a slight coat on the bottle?

• Like Like x 1
  10. It depends on what you want to use it for. If you want to use it as a tincture then I'd stop at .5oz. It still won't be thick and can be dispensed with a dropper. I suppose that you could let it evaporate a little further and then put it in a parchment "bowl" or on a silicone pad and let it evaporate completely. Then dab it. Either way should work pretty well if you have good color already but that doesn't mean a lot. :mellow:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I just hate the alcohol burn! Thinking I may get a little more thick, then add a couple of drops of pure peppermint oil.... Freshens breath and good for digestion... Think I see if it works as tincture. Thanks for the encouragement. You and I are similar age and circumstances.... Lol please don't start the revolution until I get my SS check.

(Shoots spitball at the teacher)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Wait a minute Jerry.........

What if you reconstitute the GD with PG/VG mix and add a litte heat to mix it together!!

Would that work as a vape?

"Metal Gear!"

13. There does seem to be a way but without equiptment and even with a little heat it separates like a bastard.

PG a little less.

Not a deal breaker but having to warm it and shake shake shake can be annoying.

Check out this Skunk Pharm Post!

BnWood does exactly that with the tincture with great results.

Game changer Emulsifying Vegetable Glycerin and BHO for E-Juice | Skunk Pharm Research/

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. I found this video where this bloke does it.

What do you think Mr. Sam?

"Metal Gear!"

15. I found that realllllly hard to read. Nothing against you I'm sure it's well thought out but I guess I'm more of a visual learner.

"Metal Gear!"

16. I think it's not worth the effort and is why it's not covered in this thread. Been there, done that and discarded the whole idea. I don't pay attention to it anymore. But what do I know? :confused_2:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. =(

I was hoping it might work.

And you know it all. That's why we ask you. Tincture Sensei.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. #19579 Robinthecook, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Sam is right, I've had cheap carts that I' m pretty sure has some addition of pg/VG. My experience is that they do this for the lower viscosity so that cheaper carts can be used, but using Gd, you could have an explosion .. Lol. The pg/VG still seems to separate resulting in carts that crackle or burn hot sometimes even with low heat vapes like my Bee Keeper Honeystick. I prefer to simply use a mod or cart that is designed for the CO 2 viscosity but what do I know?

As a side note, the Honeystick is a really nice and inexpensive product. The magnetic cap keeps the contacts clean, mini plug charger so you can even use it while it's charging. Think someone else mentioned a few posts back.

:love-mj2: Chewing weed for spitballs!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hey that was my weed spitball
    Morning crew

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1