Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. I noticed that the Sticky (DL) has been inactive for almost 3 weeks.

Tomorrow I plan to decarb this month's supply. Could someone point me to the start of or conclusion of the decarb info you mentioned

2. Here's the link from the table of contents and there's a lot of discussion in the pages prior to it and after. It's a sealed jar decarb and I did some lab tests to check it out. :)
    Sealed Jar Decarb Comparison Chart

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Thanks for the heads up.
    I see what you mean with the adjustment of potency. I am re-reducing it as its not nearly as strong. I tend to vape until i get very little out of it, so i guess it will be really low potency...

• Like Like x 3
  4. Happy Barfday! No wait I already said that. doh!

Oh yeah! way done, just like after a c02 shaking, nothing but ash

SCIENCE!

• Like Like x 4
  5. Hey stiggy, me and the Mrs both tried it out yesterday. I gotta say I was shocked. I really didn't expect much from 1ml. But damn. We were both good n medicated for about 5 hours.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. GLAD TO HEAR
    Stuff Works
    Sam put in Long Hours and his own money having things tested along the way to perfecting his method
    Hats Off to Sam

• Like Like x 5
  7. Not meaning to hijack the thread....
    I started the reduction, and seemed to get oil blobs like PsychedelicSam mentions in his detailed video on reduction using 150 everclear.
    I think I might have accidentally added water to the GD. So i decided to reduce 100% and then reconstitute it... the oil took forever to redissolve and did so only after heating in the water bath. I will try to reduce again as it is still relatively light...

8. WAIT for Sam
    The 151 will do that he has a way to fix

• Like Like x 2
  9. It would take a lot to hijack this thread so that's not a worry.

Are you sure that your alcohol was 190? It does sound like 151 from what you described or water got in it. When you reconstituted it how much alcohol did you use? You could have used just an ounce or so for a more concentrated outcome without the need to reduce again. If that separation happens again then you know you've got 151. :)

10. I know i have used 190 alcohol. I also have fat fingers and like to not LITFA.
    So i probably did get spillage water in the GD while stirring it... to encourage evaporation....
    I now have a 47 ml of solution which is still not very potent, so i will reduce to 30ml.
    thanks for the help.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Depending on the size of jar/container you use for reducing, one trick I have done with a jar is to keep a knife leaned inside (quart jar size). This provides a nucleation point for the air bubbles inside and allow them an easier route for evaporation.

Now that I make tincture on average once a month, I use a stainless steel bowl for the upper chamber of my 'double boiler', and I have a small desk fan clipped near the stove to blow across it. With the bowl, I only stir to get the goodies mixed back in that are stuck to the sides.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Well, I've finally made my infused chocolate and I'm waiting for it to harden. I did this a little differently than the recipe that pushu used. I didn't use any coconut oil and infused the cocoa butter with the Purple Kush shatter. I also used powdered sugar instead of honey, just enough to remove bitterness but not real sweet. It was very simple to make. Once it hardens enough to take out of the mold I'll post a picture if I'm able (I licked the bowl).

I didn't do a video this time because I just wanted to get it done for this first time. I made a virgin batch the other day and it turned out well but needed a couple of tweaks which I incorporated this time. Seems to have worked. dubitatif.gif

• Like Like x 5
  13. you are making my mouth water mate! tell us how it goes!

• Like Like x 2
  14. #19214 PsychedelicSam, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
    shatter chocolate.jpg
    Homemade Infused Chocolate

1/2 cup cocoa powder
    1/4 cup powdered sugar
    1/2 cup melted cocoa butter
    1 tablespoon vanilla
    1g decarbed shatter

Decarb the shatter in a hot oil bath. While doing that measure out the powdered sugar and the cocoa powder into the same container but no need to mix. Melt your cocoa butter in the microwave in 30 second bursts, timing it so that it is still warm when the shatter is ready. Prepare your molds.

Once the bubbling of the shatter has stopped and it is still molten, pour some of the warm cocoa butter into the beaker and stir until the shatter has blended into the butter then add that to the remaining cocoa butter.

Pour the cocoa butter into a stainless steel or glass bowl that sits over a pan of hot water, not boiling. Add your vanilla to the cocoa butter.
    Add the dry ingredients (sugar, cocoa powder) and stir well.
    Take the bowl off the pan of water and whip the chocolate until smooth and glossy.
    Pour into your molds.
    Place in the fridge until it sets up. Keep refrigerated.

This made 186g of chocolate. Using 700mg as a standard for the shatter, that gives me 3.75mg/g. 4 of those squares was 11g and that came to 40mg and it seems to be working quite well. It tastes so good that I just want to eat it all up. :yummy:

Be sure to do a practice run first.

I have made a video using distillate instead of shatter. It's this same recipe but there's no decarb because distillate is already active. That video can be found here:

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. LOOKS WONDERFUL

• Like Like x 3
  16. After reading this info it seems that I need to add time to my CBD decarb. I am not sure how to proceed with Midnight a sativa strain w/10% THC and 12% CBD?

A follow-up question about my depletion batch. I know you are against adding water to canna-butter or coconut canna-oil. Would you still be against it for my attempt to recapture the cannabinoids from about a pound (dry weight) of mostly depleted leftovers?

When I last made pain cream I wound up with about 30 ounces of pain cream and I froze the cream in 1/2 cup containers, but it does take a while to use each container/jar.

• Like Like x 2
  17. #19217 PsychedelicSam, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Just continue decarbing like you always have. There's no need to change. That comparison was done for those not wanting the aroma of decarbing cannabis. There is still a lot of testing to do to find out the best process for both THC and CBD in the sealed jar. This one was geared toward THC. The oven for 40minutes at 240-250°F does the trick for the combination. Look at this one that covers that scenario. You've been using Midnight for a couple of years now so why the concern about decarbing now? 1:1 THC/CBD Heated Decarb

I'm only against water because it causes mold if not kept in the right conditions. Did you make your last cream with water? The freezer should keep it. I'm not like everyone else when it comes to water. If not doing a solvent transfer then I recommend the crockpot with water as long as it's going to be used quickly. It cleans the taste and a lot of the green. :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. #19218 Schplakken, Mar 15, 2018
    Sam should I put terpines in my rso? I made some nice alcohol oil and I think maybe a nice turpine profile might benefit. Whadda ya think?

• Like Like x 3
  19. Greetings, Schplakken. Thanks for joining us.

Anything that has been decarbed will have lost most of it's terpenes. Adding those back in would always be a good idea in my opinion although I'm not sure how you would go about it. High or long term heat will degrade them and it would be a waste. In most cases RSO requires a lot of heat to concentrate it but I suppose that the terps could be added after it's been reduced or if adding to oil for caps. I'd want to explore that a little further to figure out the best method. They're added to other concentrates so I imagine that it can be done with the RSO, too. Low, slow heat maybe. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. #19220 Cannabird, Mar 15, 2018
    I finished my 2nd batch earlier this week. I used about 7 grams various leftover stuff and about 2 grams stems from high quality stuff. Some of it was really dry when I started and turned into very fine almost powder. Some of that came through during straining. I used 200 proof organic grain alcohol. Freezer two days. Decarbed weed in a mason jar and also in freezer two days. (the two days was due to being busy and not getting back to it) I shook periodically. I ended up with about 6 oz and reduced to 2 oz in a crock pot with water. There was some sludge at the bottom after I transferred to my dropper bottle. I put the sludge ball in a small container in the freezer. What can I do with that? I'll bet that is pretty potent (I hope lol).

This batch doesn't seem as strong as my first. I used mostly the same strain as my first attempt with some various other stuff as well. Does some of the THC burn off if you reduce too long? Mine took about 5 or 6 hours this time. Maybe some of it is in the sludge? It could just be my high tolerance though.

I did make some some tea in the vessel I used. I only drank about 1/2 the mug and had a nice buzz and dissipated my back pain the rest of the day. Could still fully function and socialize.

• Like Like x 1