Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Sam I put a few drops of my tinct with durban poison terpenes on a joint yesterday morning , let it dry and smoked it last night
    Worked very well. The flavor was off but the high was smooth.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Maybe but don't hold your breath. We have an attorney general pushing to restrict this again and go back to the stone age. :poop:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. How does that work? Mine have been on YouTube and they've just changed the rules. :blink:

• Like Like x 2
  4. If I remember I uploaded it like a photo it just took a bit longer.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  5. Sam Talk to the @Lizard King I bet he may steer you

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hey
    I was on youtube and there are 100's of tincture and cannabis videos
    Why are they targeting yours? Sounds like the competition does not like yours

• Like Like x 2
  7. I'm probably going to remake that one since I can't seem to find the file and it was needing an upgrade anyway. :)

It was flagged by someone. I guess I'll have to have "Educational Material" stamped all over it but they've been laying the groundwork for this in general over the last couple of months according to policy updates I get. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Made a batch of GD tincture today. The stuff is great because I can measure the dosing and use as much or as little as I need for pain or if I just want to sleep better at night. New batches will obviously take a few tries to get a feel for, but that's alright. I like how compared to a brownie (which has been my go to), I feel like I'm not as "passive". Not that a brownie makes me lazy but I feel like I have more energy available to me if I use GD. With that said I don't think I've had GD keep me up at night like a brownie has in the past. I think this is because of the variable dosage associated with the creation of brownies.

I'm going to experiment some more with my terpenes now that I have 60ml of tincture to divide into separate bottles to add some to. I've been taking some plain GD recently and it does seem sort of "flat". So far I don't think there is a huge difference in using the terps but there does seem to be a difference.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hmmmmm, what do y'all think... Can you use too much terpenes? Or do you think it's just a matter of economy? ie there's a limit of effects and anything more is a waste of money

• Like Like x 1
  10. You can take too much. Some of them have a therapeutic zone and can have harmful, even fatal, results in larger quantities. There's less chance of that happening with the blends but the Certificate of Analysis (COA) should be read for the isolates. The most likely scenario is that you'll get a really strong tasting product that may not be so pleasant tasting. :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Looking to try a 151 tincture, just having trouble deciding which recipe to choose... PSam, now that we know 151 doesn't work great with concentrate, what's your advice about a tincture with decarbed flower?

Edit: I mean to ask which recipe (that you've already posted) would you recommend for me to try? Don't want to give you a bunch more work. And, did your half batch turn out at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. I gave up trying to get the last of the specks out and just added a little 190 proof to it. That did the trick but I thought that by that time it would be too dilute. I tried it anyway and was very surprised at how well it did work. I didn't bother with the spray and just used .5ml with the pipette.

This is the process I'd recommend for flower/trim and 151 to make a tincture or oil. 151 does work for concentrate, too, but it takes more alcohol and can be a bit of a chore to get it to dissolve. I'm going to have to test that specifically before I go out on a limb. This guide definitely works with flower/trim but it's a little extra work because of that extra water. :)

Detailed Reduction & Concentration Guide w/video for 151 Proof Green Dragon (Flowers/trim)

• Like Like x 4
  13. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  14. You can make tincture, coconut or other oil or butter with this but it's not as versatile as the 190 proof version. :mellow:

• Like Like x 2
  15. @PsychedelicSam Quick question, and I know it's been covered repeatedly, so I apologize for my calcified memory. How many drops are in the average mL? Was it 20 or 30? One of my cancer patients has been having to open the caps and split the dose, plus the caps are just too hard for him to swallow. So, I offered to provide the equivalent in the oil form so they don't have to spend the time opening up the caps like that.

• Like Like x 2
  16. It's approximately 20 drops per ml, depending on how thick the liquid is.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Drop per ML is a wildly inaccurate measurement with results between 15 and 50 drops depending on the viscosity of the fluid and the diameter of the dripper tip.
    20-25 is the usual range for plain water and an off the shelf eyedropper.
    Can range up to 35 drops for a less viscous fluid like Alcohol. Lower surface tension means smaller drops.
    PG, terps and alcohol containing flavorings range more in the 30-35 drops per ml.
    BNW

• Like Like x 6
  18. I have counted them numerous times with alcohol, water and oil and always get 39 drops from my dropper. 20 is the "official" pharmaceutical measurement for 0.05ml. Eyedroppers will vary. The best thing to do is measure out 1ml of your substance then draw as much of it up as possible in the type of dropper you're using to determine how much your dropper holds. Then count the number of drops it holds. This is all for reference so you'll know and it will help you be more confident and consistent with your dosing.

Next, count how many drops you put in a capsule when it's full. That way you can tell your patient how many drops to use for an accurate half dose. It's worth the few extra minutes to calibrate everything. That will save you the time later you would spend filling caps. That will probably be easier for your patient, too. :)

• Like Like x 5
  19. Tried some new terps, strawberry cough and Diablo og. The strawberry cough has a taste thats pretty close to strawberries and it tastes great in GD but the effects while good weren't as good as the jack herer terps I just finished. They are both supposed to be sativa terps but I slightly preferred the jack herer terps out of those 2. The diablo og terps taste wonderful! They don't really make me tired or sleepy and thats what I was hoping for when I bought it. But it was a nice relaxing feeling and I definitely liked the Diablo og terps alot but I'll probably try a different type of indica terps next time I order some.

• Like Like x 4