Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. If you're interested in tinctures another strain may be more to your liking. Good luck with the terpenes and please keep us posted. PSam advises putting your tincture in a shot glass of water and swishing as long as possible before swallowing. I can't take the burn either and usually add my GD to coffee.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I'm sorry you feel that way but I'm not surprised after the extra, extra large dose the first time. That's going to taint your opinion going forward. I never recommend more than 0.5ml for the first time. Always start low but now I'd recommend shelving it for a while until it's out of your head.

Strains make a lot of difference, as Joker noted. Another big factor is any medication that you may take. That can delay the onset and completely change or nullify the effects

I never get anything other than the alcohol vapors when I reduce it and that's minimal with the ventilation you should be using with it. But we're all different so nothing is absolute. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Overdoing it the first time didn't really taint me - that was completely my fault. The strain I made the GD from is the same I used in my brownies and I much prefer it in the brownies. Once my terpenes come in I'll experiment with it again.

• Like Like x 2

4. Sam a few years ago I quit smoking for about 2 and a half years. Well I smoked maybe 8-10 times during that 2 and a half years but for me, who used to smoke a few times every day, that was basically quiting. During that time I found a cbd additive for ecigs. Didn't seem to do much at 1st. But then i filled up a tank with half cbd juice and half of a pink starburst ecig vape juice and thats when I noticed it slightly helping with my back pain and it would also seem to reduce occasional anxiety alittle bit and sometimes just put me in a better mood! It wasn't drastic differences I noticed but they were there! And the best thing I liked was it did give me a nice weedish flavor that I enjoyed.

• Like Like x 2
  5. #18985 EverMystique1, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    I second what Joker stated. I use mine in my morning coffee, but only use 6-10 drops, depending on my pain level when I wake up. Even the idea of using a full mL at once .... yikes. LOL.

Edited to add: Tincture is the base for all of my infused products, from bath bombs, to soaps and lip balms, creams, and soon adding a simple lotion. I reduce my tincture to a strength of 4 grams per oz of 190 proof, then use the solvent transfer method to infuse the oils. I primarily make my tincture from trim, unless I have a special request from a patient.

Also, when I cook mine off, the overwhelming odor is the ethanol evaporating, but the house does fill with the scent of cannabis. Hubby tends to hang out in the bedroom when I am reducing tincture, as that is the farthest room from the kitchen. Thankfully, when I am making glycerin soap, it stays covered (you don't want the ethanol to cook off for that one), but the finished product has to be placed in a well-ventilated area for the curing time or else it smells up the house, too.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Why do you make a tincture to then infuse into oil? More efficient extraction?

I'd really like to make some sort of cream/lotion/rub as well. Would you be willing to share a recipe for that?

When I made my GD it was exceptionally smelly... but my current flower is extremely smelly all by itself. Normally my wife doesn't smell anything when I vape but the current flower she can.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Well hell. I must be using a very much inferior product or something. Albeit, the first three batches were made with an entirely sativa dominant hybrid phenotype, my wife and I take 3ml each in a shot glass and she gets somewhat 'time disassociative', and I'm sitting there smoking on a jaint wondering WTF. That said the medicative effects are great IMO but for me I'm either so medicated I dont even know how medicated I am or, I'm beyond pyschoactive response from cannabinoids. I am making a batch today from some indica dominant kosher kush so i'll see how that goes.

I like the tincture method and my wife prefers it over smoking so all is good IMO but for a dude looking to get hammered I personally have yet to get "there". Is that wrong? :smoking-banana:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sativas can be very confusing for some folks because it is so much different that toking it unless you take a super dose then it over medicates. It usually isn't a "hammered" kind of effect and more of the "so medicated I don't even know." You're not alone with that and I have a note about it in the beginning of this thread. Let's see how the Kosher Kush does for you. You should be able to get "hammered".

One other thing. Reduce your final product another 25-50% with the Sativas. 3ml indicates to me that should be done. :)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Got my terps delivered today. I was pretty surprised by the aroma - I thought it'd be more herbaceous, instead they smell like incense. Sadly of the 5 samples I received one of them seemed to have spilled into the container it came in.

As per Sam's recommendation I made tinctures out of them using 15mL of MCT oil, 2 drops of terp, and I used a toothpick dipped into liquid lecithing to give it a mix. I then took the dropper bottles I made and swirled them in boiling water to heat them up slightly and then I gave them a good hard shake. I'll let them sit overnight and give them a try tomorrow. The plan is to try them in conjunction with my pre-made brownies.

Unfortunately the vial that arrived empty was the ACDC strain which was one of my top choices for pain. I poured a little MCT into the vial and shook it around and poured that into the rest of it's designated dripper bottle... it smells like enough probably went into the mix but it's really difficult to tell.

• Like Like x 2

10. Let them know about it and hopefully they'll replace it or credit you. :)

• Like Like x 4
  11. I agree the way they packed it it should not have leaked, sometimes that top of cap feels tight when they are not

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Sam di dyou make your font darker or is it just the way I see it because you are the thread owner
    Its darker than the rest of us?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. I've been using bold since day one. It's easier for me to distinguish. The older, earlier format changes removed the bold but I reintroduce it whenever I find a post that needs it to stand out, like the guides and things. It also helps me keep track of my responses so I can more easily pick out errors. I only use it here and in my other threads. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 3
  14. I see that my mind is skipping again Thanks

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. I've got an update on the CBD oil I've been using but I've been making an oil for a friend with cancer and using 6 different isolated terpenes without gloves or anything else. I can definitely attest to their effectiveness. I've got all kinds of effects going off in my head from getting some on my fingers and breathing the vapors. I'll have to write that up some other time. Myrcene, linalool, limonene, beta caryophyllene, alpha pinene and terpinolene and I'm not sure which way is up. ohhhh.gif

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. #18996 STIGGY, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    I posted this 2 yrs ago in August , It deserves a re-post

I am walking again all Thanks to P Sam

Man I really wish the medical community would just open up and admit Cannabis is a real medicine. It would help so many of the older people out there who are in Real Pain.
    I am proof that it works, Sam had been helping me for a few years now, when I first talked with Sam I could hardly walk to the other room let alone get out of bed.Now I am walking 1/2 mile ever day and even cut the grass walkin using my push mower and not the ride-on mower.
    Sam opened my eye to cannabis being used to treat numerous pain my body suffers
    He has shown me as well as others how to treat their own bodies for pain through the use of the cannabis plant and all of its parts.
    The green Dragon he teaches us to make is a wonderful pain reliever as well as calms the soul.
    His Root creme works wonders for neurological pain (in this case my feet) Burning battered pain relived to the point I no longer have the urge to cut my feet off trying to walk or sleep.
    And not to mention those Fantastic Cookies that will take your mind away from your body for a while.
    We need to let others know that Sam is here to help/
    Let this be a Testimonial that Sams' Method Works, it truly does
    Sam for this I Thank You.
    Your Friend
    Stiggy

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Would someone mind sharing the link for the terpenes? Thanks. My mind is mush from searching this thread for an hour looking at other stuff.

High Ya Nara :apache:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Poss
    we have been talking about them a lot the last 3 -4 pages

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Sam has talked about them here and there throughout the thread here and there

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1