Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Yes, start your time once it reaches 240. It won't start decarbing until it reaches that temperature. It may bubble or it may not be a lot depending on the concentration. I'd recommend the full 2 hours. I've done lab tests at 1 & 1.5 hours before without getting the full decarb. You can test it out as you go along. Since you've made it before you should be able to tell. :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. sorry to bud in...(hahaha no pun intended) but when I am decarbing my leaves for salve (and possibly some edibles) should I also bake it for 1.5 hours too at 240? I was going to bake it at 240 for 45 minutes but want the full decarb so I can use the infused coconut oil for cooking too since I'm trying all different things, why not right? so 240 for 1.5 hours for the salve which you know is my primary mission?

3. No, no. That's a completely different thing. Just go ahead and use the 240 for 40 minutes initially in the oven. If you ever forget to decarb before making oil, maybe glycerin, then you can do what I described above to salvage your batch. I recommend the dry herb decarb method. There are other methods but I don't want to muddy the waters even more. :huh:

• Like Like x 1
  4. That is true, but I ran out of room on the label.

• Like Like x 3
  5. so if i wnted to smoke kief, i just put it in the bowl and smoke?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. @Yoda2419
    Simple basic direct hash to oil is the method I use primary since I grow my own and have the weed to burn as it were
    5 grams decarbed hash
    2.5 teaspoons oil (Coconut)
    .5 teaspoon lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Reheat
    Done
    This is NOT sleeper grade oil. This is far more likely to keep you wide awake crying because you took a bit to much and it all won't stop spinning and GOD DAMN I'm FUCKED UP on it stuff.
    Adding a few more heat and freezes will take the edge off and make it a better sleeper

@SitWellStandPoor
    I stopped drinking at all many years ago but I'll make an exception for ethanol based tincture as the eyedroppers worth I need is less then what is in my morning shot of mouthwash. No ill effects from the trace of alcohol and as sensitive as I've become to it I'd know.
    Try a tiny run of alcohol based tincture and see.

Yes Yoda. Just smoke it. That all we did back in the day and I still do it now. A gram or 2 in a steel pipe and fire it hard. Burns the throat but WTH. :) be ready to cap the pipe with a nickel or quarter as the kief-hash just smolders on for a while. Not self extinguishing like weed is. Do NOT tamp the bowl with your finger as the hot smoldering hash will burn the hell out of you and I still have the scarred finger tip.
    BNW

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Sam, Tony Verzura may be onto our natural decarb process. On Hash Church last Sunday, he commented that the rosin diluted with terpenes would fully activate by six months. He's so close ;)

• Like Like x 3
  8. You can put a bit of kief on top of your bowl, or smoke it straight. If you smoke it as is you will need a pipe with a fine screen. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 2
  9. #17249 Joker1121, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    BNW, are you trying to kill Yoda? LOL A gram or two of kief will overdose anyone, but you!

• Like Like x 3
  10. This will give yoda a turd eye! Kind of like a #2 eye, only it is the turd, you can see for miles and miles!

it's getting pretty squanchy in here!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. thanks brassnwood that will be my next endevor. what if i wanted a strng concentrate to smoke (more potent than bud)? would u happen to have a recipe without complicated equipment?
    i havnt collected kief yet. i still need to find proper screen or netting.

12. Happy start to the day. Shipped a copy of one of my books to a friend who was supposed to get it 2 years ago, sent off the payment for my Vault order, got my acceptance email for the next comparative, and got a call from a friend to stop.over after work and pick up half a pound of free trim in exchange for some gloves I have access to that she uses when she harvests. I'll be having fun this weekend doing some more extracting. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Now that is a good trade. :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Those are long videos, aren't they? That was interesting about the terpenes and it follows what I've been thinking for years now. It's nice to know we were on the right track. It's possible that it would take a more concentrated form a bit longer to activate naturally than a more dilute alcohol extraction. Alcohol is supposed to speed up the enzymal action linked to the formation of cannabinoids and decarb more than other solvents. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Yeah, three hours of getting stoned but that 20-30 min of information is worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. There ya go
    I feel much better
    I approve of the new look

• Like Like x 3
  17. MAD!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hello all!

So I have been working on a natural decarb tincture. Everything went smoothly and it has been a little over 4 months now stored away. I made 3 tinctures, each with 1/2 oz of bud (sativa, indica, cbd). I ended up with 12oz of tincture for each. I used spyrytus for the alcohol.

The problem: I wasnt getting any effects after naturally reducing to 6oz so I went ahead and reduced to 3oz. I now have a tincture that has little black dots floating around at the bottom. Did I reduce too far? I haven't tried it yet at 3oz.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Did you use 190 proof or 150

20. I used spyrytus which is like 192 proof