Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Emu? Is that made from real emu's? Ground or pressed? lol. no wait what?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yep, real emus. Not ground or pressed but rendered. :sneaky:

Rendering (animal products) - Wikipedia

• Like Like x 4
  3. upload_2017-10-10_14-23-49.png
    I use it in all my Pain cremes
    I think it makes a big difference

• Like Like x 4
  4. So true sam, I have some lotion sitting on the tray in the front room. People come over and sometimes say damn my shoulder hurts, or elbow, whatever. And the wifey sez, rub a small amount of this on the spot. Less than 10 minutes later come the questions, why is it in a little canning jar with no label? The you tell them it is cannabis, their eyes bug out of their head, and after they recover, they want a large jar.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ha!

sent via my pet rock

• Like Like x 3
  6. Saw this in another thread- please throw that stuff away!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. You are absolutely right Sam...gung ho indeed and it makes great sense to make a small amount of the basic ingredients first to compare with one with additional ones. My water aerobics teacher makes it and I've been buying 2 ounces for $15.00. They work so it's been worth it to me and it does calm the nerve pain that erupted after my stroke which I got by the way after having a massage and the girl got a little too deep in my neck tearing the vertebral artery. Be careful ever letting anyone near your neck. So re-learning how to live in two different bodies has been a challenge and no medications have even touched the benefit I've gotten from the salve. That's why I'm so gung ho coming into this beautiful harvest as a gift from a friend. Thanks for all of your input and for taming the wild woman. I will surely report back when I begin. Big hugs, Maxi

• Like Like x 2
  9. You may want to wait until you learn about solvent transfers. It gives you a professional quality product and provides you with a lot more options without tying you into a single ratio. It would allow you to make boutique custom topicals for various needs. :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. I never let anyone near my neck or anywhere else for a massage. I've been hurt before but not like you. I have a lot of spinal issues now so no massages.

I do know what you're talking about. I've got a good friend who just had a stroke a couple of weeks ago and is learning to walk again and cope with the other paralysis issues. Cannabis is definitely in his regimen. We have others here who've had strokes and other brain trauma so we're accustomed to being patient and supportive so that everyone can benefit.

I haven't mentioned this to anyone else here but I've had at least 2 TIA's recently that were short but has caused me to make some changes. You're amongst kindred spirits here. We all help each other. flyingsmiley.gif

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sounds interesting

• Like Like x 3
  12. Honestly it was horrible stuff. In retrospect I should have uses ethanol, but I want 21. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  13. Science! Sams done 99 percent of the work. He makes it so easy to understand and if you don't, he's right there to help anyone in need. He's aces, 23 skidoo, the ... well you get what i mean. Plus the hang arounds are cool too. I'm going to take some hash caps and chillout.

it's getting pretty squanchy in here!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sammy, I couldn't resist.....I picked up jojoba and almond oil today when I was at the health food store. Gonna still start simple with a very small batch and try different combinations to measure results. The first one I'll keep very basic using just the infused coconut oil...next infused coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax, next infused coconut oil, emu, jojoba and almond, shea and beeswax. Whip it up and voila' Now to wait patiently for the plant to dry :) You're great and I'm very thankful for finding you here. You know you'll be hearing back from me once I dive ....no, not dive ...tippy toe into production :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thank you for sharing and keep an eye on those tia's they're nothing to sneeze at. Anytime you want to talk I'm here. Finding this forum has been a delightful surprise. I wonder why so many folks are so private about their recipe and it feels invasive to even ask? I'm right at home here and now. Thanks for your thoughtful words. Kindred spirits indeed. xxoo

16. We're glad to have you, Maxi. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Hi!
    I don't know if this was posted yet. I've been skimming all the forums to find an answer.
    I made a vegetable glycerin tincture and after straining it, I realized I forgot to decarb before! So frustrated.
    Can I do it now in the oven? 240/60 would work?

18. PS. I do need it right away (pain stuff...) So quicker the process is better for me.

Also, thanks so much! I'm new here and this is amazing.

19. Greetings, SitWellStandPoor, and welcome to our conversation. We don't deal with glycerin here too much but we may be able to help you out with this but no guarantees.

You may be able to decarb it in its present state in your oven @ 240°F for a couple of hours after it reaches temperature. I know that works for oil and it should work with the glycerin, too. The glycerin is able to withstand that temperature for that long with no breakdown. I don't know of any other way to do it. If it were an alcohol tincture then it would naturally decarb in 4 months but not in other mediums.

If you haven't tried it yet, use a little of it then you'll have a way to tell if the time in the oven worked. Have you made a glycerin tincture before? :huh:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks so much for the reply!
    I chose glycerin because I don't drink alcohol so I've had to make.do.
    I did.make one glycerin before and it turned out lovely and strong and a beautiful Amber. I just forgot to decarb this time around...
    I've had the oven temperature controlled and at 240 so I'll go ahead and put the tincture in.
    Do I need to wait until the tincture itself becomes 240? Or just until any bubbles stop and it seems strong enough?

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1