Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. No, you're doing okay. I'm explaining why the effects are different now and how to control your dosing going forward. At 1/4 tsp per dose you're taking a high dose whether it's 7g/oz or 10 and it's 3 times a day...and you've just started. For that reason titration is necessary to get your dosage down.

I gave you a high ratio because I gathered that's what you needed to catch your attention, what I call the "Aha!" moment. Now, though, it's time to start tuning up your "treatment" and finding a good dose that meets your needs under everyday circumstances. My titration point was 8 drops. I could use 8 drops of my standard ratio GD and still feel it working. I'm not saying to use that dose all the time but it gives you a reasonable range in which to work. As often as possible I used 8 drops and it kept my tolerance down.

Another thing that will help keep things fresh is to use different forms instead of just GD and the oil. Once you get some 190 ethanol then you can make other types of infused products and switch off carriers to get your effects, maybe honey or a simple syrup or a spray. If you intend to use cannabis into the foreseeable future then you'll need to work that out as do we all. :mellow:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sam, just wondering your thoughts on making a GD that isn't decarbed then using natural evaporation to reduce to RSO. Then could I add coconut oil and heat in a sealed jar for 2 and a half hours at 240 to decarb it. Then take it out let it cool, shake it up and maybe freeze it before opening. Do you think doing it this way could possibly keep terps and other good stuff from evaporating away? Or do you see any other downsides that I might run into trying this?

Tried decarbing bud in coconut oil for 2 and a half hours at 240 once before and it worked but had a very strong taste.

3. Yes, that works. You'd be making "Dragon oil". If you're using 190 proof and then going to get the oil to 240°F for decarbing then there's no reason to use a natural decarb. You'll lose the lower terpenes anyway so you might as well use some heat to reduce. As long as you get no moisture in it you can then do a solvent transfer from the GD to the coconut oil once you've got it reduced to the strength you want. Saves the time of having to evaporate everything to RSO first. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 2
  4. sounds good for all of yhat, but still have no idea why what im making seperates as it sits. and its not plant material. its oil. little drops floating here and there and after a bit it gathers together at the bottom.?

5. Are you still using the 151? If so then it could be evaporation of the alcohol if not tightly sealed. You should be able to fix it by adding a few drops of fresh alcohol to bring the avb level up and get it back into solution. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. See to the bitter end... just kidding. lol CBN, CBD doesn't make me high either, just an overall feeling of well being and pain management. The V i've done to the extreme limit. I PDR'ed the V and it said 100mg of liquid was the highest known dose. So out of a 100mg vial, I took 70mg in one shot, then I tore the sink off the wall, clocked out (I was at work), and sat in my car with the engine running for 6 hours, woke up and drove down the street and crashed. I'm so glad, I don't do that kind of shit no more. Between 20-38 I was kinda on a suicide mission.

I'm with brass on this one. We have been on the same track for a couple of years now, 6, 00 size caps a day, and a few hits throughout the day as boosters and my tolerance does not change, totally wasted but fully functional. The saturation carries over to the next day when we begin again. Caps are the greatest invention since sliced bread and the washing machine. :metal:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. I'm taking a road trip for a few days and will be away from my computer during that time. I'll have my tablet and will check in. I have faith that you all can handle whatever comes up. :ey:

• Like Like x 5

8. Yeah i was thinking of ways to get closer results to a naturally decarbed GD without waiting 4 months. A few weeks ago I had tons of bud and almost started a small batch to naturally decarb but I was super busy at work so I never did it and now Im low on bud and cant consider it until I get more bud.
    But was thinking maybe I'd try this soon. And I'd think it would possibly solve my issue with smell during decarbs in the oven? Thats the reason i started using sealed jars to decarb in to begin with.

9. It will smell like coconut if it smells at all. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Have fun sam.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Safe travels, Sam.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. yeah, im adding alcohol but it just seperates. 10 minutes and most oil is laying at bottom.

13. sam this guy is needing help and he hasnt come over to this thread. u can find his post at
    Looking for a link to alcohol strengh capule for RSO

i dontknow how to copy paste links and such.

14. ive been shaking it real good before i dose. still works but dont want to give patients this stuff. seems shady.lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. Are you sure it's not sediment? It looked like to me in the picture. Wet a paper coffee filter with alcohol and pour some of your GD through it. Let's see what the filter looks like after. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Vegetable capsules are not good for this stuff unless they are filled right before being taken. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Stay out of trouble while I'm away. car.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. Don't forget to turn left at Albuquerque ; )

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dammit!

sent via my pet rock

• Like Like x 3