Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Riddle me this, Stiggy. I'm not sure that you'd like what I see any better than what you see. Are you? :sneaky:

riddle me this.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. [​IMG]
    :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. im sorry, thats it u got it. i made a batch with u, then another. thats it. the second is seperating i think and it is possible
    im waiting to try again when i have no interruptions. everything else (questions i ask, are to think about, but im still working on and with gd only at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I had just wanted to make sure that I hadn't missed something along the way. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. lol, no. but ive been so excited since going to cannabis from narcs and then finding GC, then u guys! i get ahead of myself even. ive slowed, ur right, i need to take my time and get stuff tweaked so i can provide the best meds possible.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DIstillate is becoming popular.
    I think the concensus here is it does not need to be decarbed.
    Other sources suggest it should.

What is the answer, And why?

• Like Like x 1
  7. my understanding is it needs to be because the temp of vaping isnt high enough to turn the thca into thc

• Like Like x 1
  8. Distillate is decarbed in the distillation process. THCA will convert to THC (decarb) before it boils. Yes vape pens get hot enough to decarb by the same mechanism.

I have a very low opinion of distillate because it has had all the other non-cannabinoids removed. I believe that the terpenes, flavonoids, and other compounds have a synergistic effect and distillate is very one dimensional. Add to the fact that the distillate is usually made with sub-par material and it raises a lot of concerns about what may be in there. Moldy, peticide ridden, unpurged, horrible source material? Just distill it and add artificial flavorings and throw it in a pen! Ok, ok sorry you hit a sensitive subject for me. ;)

• Like Like x 5
  9. I don't believe that's the case with the professional providers, at least not in a legal state. Here in AZ there's got to be testing for molds, pesticides and such although you can be sure that it's not flowers in most cases. These days the better companies are using terpenes derived from cannabis to "flavor" the distillates instead of flavoring and those add another dimension to the raw distillate, more of the entourage effect. Unfortunately, there's still a whole host of other compounds that have been removed and that normally would play a subtle role in the effects.

It is convenient, though, for edibles since it is already activated. Since most of the terpenes and other delicate compounds are lost with decarb, you actually do get a better profile with the distillate if they've included terpenes in the product. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Maybe not in AZ, but trust me sub-par material is being used. I'm not aware of anyone except Blue River using cannabis derived terpenes. Most of the vape pens on the market here in NM are using limonene. Not to mention most of these cartridges and some batteries are "disposable".

I'm not saying they don't have their place, just that I avoid them because I have no idea how they were made. I am fortunate enough to be able to grow and process my own medicine. From seed to final product, I know what's in it.

Like I said, it's a touchy subject for me.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I agree that the vape pens can be sketchy. I don't use those. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. And I can agree that using distillate in edibles is likely quite safe. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. here in michigan we have some good vapes and bad ones. also all the bud and related products are completely tested for a number of things.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sam: can GD be made to have different qualities by altering the process or starting material? What I am asking is can one batch be made to put you to sleep and the next batch be made to get you up?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Well, sure, it can. Overcooking is the most common way of doing it and it's the reason so many homemade edible users believe that they will always put them to sleep. The ISO-3 changes the profile due to the long, low heat but it still changes considerably. The results from that is much different than a freezer tincture like we make here. Then there's the decarb itself. All these are the things we've been aware of but there's been no new developments in that category that I'm aware of.

There are the terpene isolates that you can add to your GD that will change the effects much better than trying to alter your production method. With the right terpenes you can change Sour Diesel so that it will knock you out and Afgani can get you up and running. :blink:

• Like Like x 3
  16. lol, yup. i found that out!

• Like Like x 2
  17. how, where to get terpenes?

18. What steps would you take if you were looking for a product for sleep

• Like Like x 1
  19. will 2 ounces of alcohol be a good amount for 20 grams of flower? to add at the end for tincture that is.

20. Our Hearts and Thoughts
    For
    Las Vegas

funny_egg_picture_57 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).jpg

This Madness Has to Stop

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1