Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Would my math be close, say I have 7grams of weed at 15% thc. After decarb and mixed with Everclear and reduced down, I'd have close to a 1050 mg of usable thc. That would be assuming full extract.

Sent from my XT1254 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. So, she used the 2g of flower/bud per ounce of coconut?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. It's great stuff for a toothache and works instantly, Indica or Sativa. It surprised me the first time I tried it. Take a nap a little later to make up for the interruption. At least it was good news. It can be worrisome getting those late calls sometimes . :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Usually you'll get about a 75% extraction with 2 runs. It's hard to get it past that mark unless you're willing to use a lot of alcohol for several rinses. If your material is 15% then your tincture will be about 12%. It's possible to get a near complete extraction but there's a lot of work involved. Kief, on the other hand, is incredibly easy and you get complete extraction. The reason many of us save our leftovers is because there's still something to be gotten out of it. I've had all phases tested which is why I can be so sure of this if nothing else. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  5. She used GD, not coconut oil, and rubbed it on her tooth and gums probably. No mention of coconut oil. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Thanks Sam
    You answered correctly as always

• Like Like x 3
  7. Thanks for the helpful posts. I've been curious about how much could be extracted which each run.

• Like Like x 3
  8. It runs along about the same as shatter/wax and other concentrates that use solvents. Kief works so well because it's only trichomes without all the plant matter to get in the way. :mellow:

• Like Like x 4
  9. Sam:
    Finally getting started on my root cream. I've chopped up all the roots and have them in the crockpot soaking in coconut oil (probably about 8-10 oz oil)
    I've got plenty of shake laying around... would there be any advantage in tossing in a couple handfuls of shake into the oil and let it soak along with the root?

10. Thanks for all your work on this, P'Sam. For patients like me who can't perform their daily tasks when high but need pain relief, a combined THC/CBD tincture has been useful. I can consume more cannabinoids and get more pain relief while at the same time retaining my ability to keep up a busy schedule for a long day that involves driving shortly before bedtime. My daytime honey elixir is a 1:1 ratio THC: CBD.

At this point, we need a lot more information about the combined effect of THC and CBD. We don't know if their effects last the same amount of time. We don't know if the psychoactivity-reducing quality of CBD scales up equally (does 10mg THC:10mg CBD suppress psychoactivity the same way 6mg THC: 6 mg CBD). My impression is that CBD may suppress THC for a longer period than THC is active. I also suspect that there may be a limit to CBD's ability to suppress the psychoactive effects of THC.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have added mids to the roots and it seems to help quite a bit for me on pain.
    I think Sam may say differ
    But try a small batch and see it it helps any better that is what I did.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Has anyone seen that crystalline in their dispensaries at all? Not that id even consider using it, in less it was cheap, but supposively its 99+% thc but no cbd or terps.

13. #13513 PsychedelicSam, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    I couldn't agree with you more, OldRose. about the need for more information on the combined effects. I don't even know how to go about doing that. I've mentioned before about my total confusion on that aspect. I can get my head around the empirical data but have no clue about how much of which does what.

I tried to use the AC/DC the other day with some of my cherished Nepalese Sativa GD. I've had this stuff for well over a year and it is my favorite of all time. I've been using it sparingly since I have so little left. It's an excellent landrace Sativa that always gets me sailing through the day. I used about 15 drops which was a hefty dose and I also added 4 drops of the AC/DC. The Nepalese has 20mg/ml of THC and the AC/DC has 8mg/ml. Those 4 drops completely changed the profile and I didn't really like it. I had really needed those Sativa effects that day and they were non-existent. It made it feel like a 50-50 hybrid.

Needless to say, I'm leery now of losing the effects I need by messing with the profile like that. I'll probably wind up giving it to someone. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 3
  14. That's up to you, pushu. I keep my oils separate because I use them in different formulas but it doesn't matter. My root creams get the upper plant but just not as coconut oil. Stiggy likes some leaf in with his as do some others. It's a personal preference. If it can help Stiggy's pain then there's something to be said for it. :)

• Like Like x 4
  15. I've only seen the crystalline distilled CBD and that's made from hemp but is still $70 per gram around here. 99% THC would be like taking a hallucinogen, pure psychoactivity and I doubt it's cheap. :huh:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Read somewhere its 200/gram but the process to make it is not said. The only thing "the guild" said was that it i solvent-less but hard to figure out how else theyd make it; hmmm;

• Like Like x 2
  17. It's probably made the same way, by distillation, another step beyond the "clear" distillation. I think it takes some fancy equipment to get there. I've read about how it's done but it kind of lost me in the details. :blink:

• Like Like x 4
  18. I dont know if anyones interested but i finally figured out how to make healthier gummies incorporating coconut oil. Defiantly able to double whammy the recipe too if wanted but itll have a strong taste of bud/concentrate if you decide too.

-2/3 cup pureed fruit. (I use strawberry or mango)
    -1/3 cup water
    -1 tbls lemon/lime juice
    -2 tbls honey
    -1 tsp coconut oil/butter
    -3 tbls gelatin

Heat over medium-high heat till the ingredients and oil incorporate together and give it 5 mins on the heat. Next pour into your choice of molds then freeze for 5-15 minutes to set em.
    I didn't roll mine in any corn starch or absorbic acid but i defiantly recommend it. Also i don't know how'd these do in warmer climates as its freezing where i am but i keep mine outa the fridge for two days. Which reminds me that these will mold if you keep them out longer than 2-5 days otherwise i use my fridge:)

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. This looks interesting, Bloomer. Thanks for sharing. Gummy recipes are always popular and appreciated. I still haven't tried my hand at gummies because I don't have any material to use for it. OldRose's honey kief gummes sounded good and this one will fit in nicely.

The first thing I thought of when I read it was how great they would be for a hot weather refresher if you kept them in the freezer and just pop it in your mouth, like a frozen grape. The pureed fruit will add it's pectin to the gelatin and it should set up really well. I use pureed strawberries for a strawberry jam along with some sugar with no added pectin and it set really well. It'd be like a bite size fruit pop.

Using fresh fruit limits how long it's viable. My jam lasted about 3 weeks in the fridge before I finished it all and it still seemed good to the last smidge. How large of a batch does this make? How's the texture, like a fruit bar or gummy? Got a pic? :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. [​IMG]
    The usual suspects, Almost a quart at a time of decarbed bud scraps left after dry ice power shaking.. About a 30 second shake..
    [​IMG]
    4 quarts of decarbed weed and 4 fifths of reclaimed alcohol net me this amount of tincture.. I'll recover the alcohol still trapped in the weed the next time the still is up when I reduce this for the next round of RSO..
    BNW

• Like Like x 5