Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. The lecithin will absorb the alcohol and then you won't be able to evaporate it out without a lot of hassles, if at all. The lecithin is an emulsifier and will bind everything in the mix. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Thank You
    I was not aware of that
    Learned something again

It binds everything in me and my coffee LOL

• Like Like x 4
  3. You know, I was just thinking after you said that and got an idea for whatever it's worth. I haven't tried it yet because I just thought of it but I bet that lecithin blended into cold coffee with or without milk, sugar or vanilla and poured over ice would make a great iced frappucchino style beverage. <_<

• Like Like x 5
  4. It was made with your 7g ratio conversion. We can use it all. Good thing the lecithin is in the mail. o_O

Sent via my pet rock...

• Like Like x 2
  5. So you have 7g in 5oz? And you want to use that for your batch of butter? Do you want it for servings and doses? Is it 190 proof? :huh:

• Like Like x 4
  6. It's two batches. I drank some you caught me. One is 3oz the other 2. Yes we can use however much you say. 190 yes yes.

Sent via my pet rock...
    14 grams then all together in the beginning... Tell someone had to test it .

• Like Like x 2
  7. #13107 PsychedelicSam, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Okay, that's nice and clear. Thank you. Of course, someone has to test it out. If you had reduced each batch the same then each ounce would be 2.3g and so with one ounce gone you have about 11.6g in that 5oz of GD. In my estimation that will make about fifty ~20mg servings or twenty-five 40mg doses or anywhere in between.

We want to use 2oz of ghee, 4 tablespoons, for our transfer. Assuming you're going to mix the two batches of GD, you could add the whole thing to the ghee and evaporate it but all that extra alcohol is going to need longer heat to evaporate fully. To cut back on the extended heat you should reduce that 5oz of GD down to 2oz before you do the transfer.

When you have the GD concentrated to 2oz add it to your 2oz of ghee and place in the hot water bath or double boiler or your preferred form of evaporation and heat it until the alcohol bubbles stop and it smells like warm butter. All the alcohol should be gone and then you're finished until your lecithin arrives.

If you want to wait for your lecithin, place your infused ghee in the freezer until you're ready then melt it, add your lecithin and heat until it's dissolved. Use one ounce of your infused ghee per batch. If that's cookies then you'll control your dosage by how large you make them. Your dosing on brownies will depend on how you cut them. It could be 30 or it could be 10. It's completely up to you.

Used like this each batch will be comprised of slightly less than 6 grams. 4g are used for the 20 dose/20mg example I used so your batch could be good for up to 30 doses.

If you are into experimenting you could add lecithin to just one batch, leave the other without and see for yourself what difference it makes for you. I personally do not use lecithin because it doesn't seem to make any difference with me and cannabis although I do use it for dietary supplementation. I also use it when I make edibles for others when it's called for. That's your decision but if anyone has digestive issues then I would recommend it in some form. :)

• Like Like x 4
  8. Sam Do you find that Lecithin causes gas?

9. It's possible but I don't experience any more than normal. It may depending on what you've recently have had or soon will have to eat. It does increase the breakdown of fats and that may cause some additional gas. If I eat something sometime after I've taken my lecithin beverage I'll burp a few times. That may have increased since I started taking it. It's not a lot but has a lecithin flavor to it for up to a couple of hours. It's not all the time, seldom actually. :confused_2:

What I do know is that I have been feeling better and brighter since I started using it.

• Like Like x 5
  10. I will be back...Bedtime and I need to read with better mind. It's midnight.

Sent via my pet rock...

11. Okay. We'll catch up when our continents align again during normal hours. Pleasant dreams. :mellow:

• Like Like x 5
  12. I have been taken it every morn since we spoke about it
    I think it has helped also
    I find i can do more than my short spurts of work a but longer now
    So its good
    I go for blood work in 3 weeks so we shall see it it lowered my bad LDL

• Like Like x 3
  13. Deep breath, OK, I shall summarize.

Step one reduce down even more to 2 oz.

Step 2, add to 2 oz of ghee.

Making cookies btw. So now my question is, say my recipe calls for a cup of ghee. Do I add this 2oz to the remaining needed? Which then makes me ask y not put the 2oz of GD into the cup needed?

Sent via my pet rock...

• Like Like x 3
  14. I think (and a lot of times I may be confused LOL)
    You infuse the GD into as little oil as needed to do the transfer because it reduces heat time on double burner.
    Than add that to the other oil after reduction .
    My opinion
    But please wait for Sam

• Like Like x 1
  15. If your recipe calls for a cup of ghee and you plan on using the whole amount of it for the batch then by all means, add the 2oz of GD to the whole cup and then evaporate the GD. I didn't know what you were going to do with it, one batch or two. The issue I have with adding it to the whole cup of ghee is that it takes more heat to bring 8 oz of a liquid, ghee in this case, up to the temperature that will efficiently evaporate your alcohol from the ghee than it does 1/4 that much, 2oz.

Stiggy is right. I like the least heat possible for the least amount of time. Extended heating degrades the THC and makes for a more sedate effect. Oil will take more heat than butter/ghee for a longer time. I always try to concentrate the GD I use for transfers because of that.

But another big reason why I like to infuse some of the medium then mix it with the remainder of fresh ghee for the recipe is for the sake of the food itself. It's my opinion, especially with butter/ghee, that the heating and alcohol from the transfer is going to change the molecular structure somewhat. It will change the taste, no longer "buttery", as well as the texture at times. If you add some fresh ghee to your infused ghee then you will reclaim all the "buttery" flavor and goodness that would have been there.

I wouldn't have emphasized the concentration as much with oil because it can withstand a lot more heat without culinary repercussions than butter and although ghee is mostly pure butterfat, it breaks down, too. You can do it either way, Heavn, however you want since you're the cook. It will work either way. 6 of one and a half dozen of he other. :)

• Like Like x 4
  16. Omg I knew this answer. I been thinking man look at how much I been doing with hardly any sleep. Think your on the ball and then slap. Wake up call. Lol you are right

OK soooooo 5 oz to 2 oz. Add to 2 oz ghee. Add lecithin at the end when no more alcohol bubble n butter smell comes back? Then add to rest of ghee, make cookies? Score! I can't answer what cookies yet but I'll let u know later when I decide.

Sent via my pet rock...

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sounds like you've got it. You know, there's not really a way that it has to be done. The whole process is adaptable so it's not a big thing. You'll do fine and we'll be looking forward to your results. :)

• Like Like x 4
  18. Sam Thank you Very much for this Great thread
    AND all the Awesome help You & the Stiggster have been giving me if I didn't have it in small bites it could be much much harder

And for putting up with a million questions :D

:D I was talking about a paint shaker during my many breaks
    Yeah the carpal, shoulders, neck ... like Sam said all the joints.

Have you ever tried to make rock candy or anything like a starburst or laffy taffy type thing ? ive only been able to skim a few of your recipes after looking over the procedures.
    noticed you remade jolly ranchers in a earlier post n maybe im overthinking looking things but seems like it would just make em sugarier / have less flavor .... im already not overly into heavy sugar most of the time ... I'm That guy who wipes off most cake frostings A goood cream cheese frosting always stays thu :D
    now that I'm thinking of it I have heard of canna gummy's i think ?

Thank You Sir!!

76797.jpg

first they thought it was nerve probs fibro, the tbi the bulging disk etc

......... After further testing
    79789.jpg

• Like Like x 3

19. I need to find sum reasonable Lecithin
    But Heavn wth is ghee ?

• Like Like x 1