Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Hi, Sam. I sent you a PM with the latest testing on natural decarb of Ringo's Gift tincture. This lab is very slow working on samples, and I also missed the 30 day mark. I aim to do better for the 60 day test.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Just a quick update on that first batch of pain cream. I modified slightly based on what materials I was able to purchase at midnight after work. EVCO, Shea butter, aloe juice (not gel...opted to not deal with the extra alcohol content). No place in my area that is open that time of night carries bees wax, so I made the cream without it. It has now been tried by 7 people. 6 have reported back. 2 with 'okay' results, 4 with outstanding results. Those 2 with only okay, however, I have given a slight discount toward opinions as in the process of setting up my grow, they have claimed I have been 'taken to the cleaners' about practically every step. (If you would like to see just how well my plants are doing, despite my so-called every misstep, feel free to click the link in my signature. I've done my research, despite their opinions.) I hope to see the 7th person tomorrow at shift change (they're on 1st, I'm on 2nd) to see what she has to say about it.

I should be ordering some bees wax hopefully this weekend, so that the next time, I don't have to worry so much about the higher temps causing it to separate and need shaken.

And, of course, the obligatory question: will using infused topicals show up on a drug screen? My daughter used some on her neck and shoulders (and could not believe just how much it helped), but she is soon to start cheerleading. The school has taken to doing drug tests on the athletes fairly regularly. I have already suggested to her to skip using any until I can get the root cream done, just in case. But I am still curious.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I don't think that anyone really knows the answer to that. I don't know anyone that has been tested after using it. It should not trigger a positive response because it's a very small amount of cannabinoids and doesn't make it's way into the blood or urine but what do I know?

You can get beeswax from a lot of different places. It will make it a cream without any separation. :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thanks, Sam. I may go ahead and pick up one of those home test kits for her, just to help ease her mind. Especially since she LOVES the relief. We've been to a multitude of doctors for her (she's 16, FYI) over the last 2 years for constant headaches, random vomiting, sudden random rashes... and have gotten very little help, to be honest. 2 weeks ago, she was in a car accident with some friends and kept complaining about her back hurting, and her headaches were getting bad again. So, I skipped a step and called the chiropractor. The chiro started asking questions about what tests these multitude of doctors have ran...ya know... simple x-rays? (The answer... none.) Before she even took the x-rays, she told us, "If this is what I think it is, I should be able to eliminate your headaches completely."

I'm a skeptic. (Wouldn't know why...2 years, no one has been able to help... missed 2 months of school last year...) I got to see the x-rays as they were being taken, though. I'm sure you know a bit about the curvature of the spine and neck. Well, my daughter's neck is freaking straight, with the top 2 vertebrae leaning forward, rather than back. Gee... wonder what might causing her headaches?

Anyhow, all of that to say: she used some of my modified cream before the bus picked her up today and said she actually was in a good mood just because she wasn't hurting. If this cream will help her, I don't want to have to tell her no, just so that she can be in sports, especially since I have tried for years to get her interested in sports, and this is the first time she has decided to go for it. :p

• Like Like x 3
  5. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. That is the Lordic Curve and mine is completely reversed, making it difficult to look up. I can no longer watch the stars. There are exercises that can return the curve for a lot of people if it's not due to trauma like mine. It seems like doctors think that hormones are always the issue with teenage girls and they don't bother with real tests like they'd give us older folk. Sounds like an mri is in her future. I have a friend who's teenage daughter had the same issue with the doctors not really doing their job and what they had thought was "growing pains" turned out to be something completely different and serious. I'm glad the cream helped your daughter. :)

• Like Like x 6
  6. Holy cracker jacks! I've caught up to myself! That's right, I have finally finished reading all 615 pages. (That last 15 I have been a participant and have read as they posted.) I can't believe I went through nearly 50 pages tonight. But, I was let out of work over 2 hours early, and I figured this was a great way to spend that extra time.

There is so much excellent and detailed information that has gathered here over the last 4 years. I am sure I will travel these pages again, just to make sure to absorb as much as possible. Plus, I skipped clicking through on the biggest majority of the links that were shared, telling myself, "I'll come back to that." Now, I will have the chance to actually 'come back to that' since the initial read-through is completed, taking notes as I go.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Sam, do you recommend any specific type of beeswax (other than pellets over block for safety of keeping all digits intact), such as organic, yellow, etc. My sponsors were supposed to have a direct hook-up due to a family member being a bee keeper. Unfortunately, some recent events have started to degrade the relationship between us, and I am uncertain of my status with being able to continue using them as a source for much longer. That part stinks, because now I do not know if I will be able to get any roots before Christmas. ... I'll be at the chiropractor's tomorrow with my daughter, and the grow store is next door. Guess I'll wander over there and see if they know someone willing to part with the roots of 1 or 2 plants, just in case. I might even manage to get hooked up with a source for some trim or fan leaves to be able to last me until my girls are ready for harvest.

Funny... my daughter was the one coming up with a zillion reasons to visit the grow store tomorrow while we were in the area (20 mile drive). I think perhaps I have already converted her to being a MMJ fan, just from a few uses of a modified pain cream. :p She actually asked me if we could look at getting her card. I told her we can talk about it, but being under 18, unless something very serious shows up, the likelihood of rejection by the state is pretty darned high.

8. Today was a wonderful day. We did go to the grow store. Got my scale bought, they directed me to the natural food store for the beeswax, where I procured the last bag on the shelf. Also was able to buy Almond, Avacado and Jojoba oils there. :p In the process of speaking with the gentleman at the counter, I was also able to get a new source for trim, fans, and roots until my own grows take off. My daughter laughed at me because I was so happy that I literally bounced in the driver's seat on the way home.

• Like Like x 4
  9. I wish I could find someone like that again. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Yeah, its nice to know a grower! I got a call yesterday at 3pm with him in a panic --- "Come done and help me trim - I'm over whelmed". Got there a 5, left at 11 with qp of really nice bud trim, 1/2 oz of bud, 5 g of kief and $120 --- not bad for 6 hours of trimming..... The strain was Luke Skywalker OG.

• Like Like x 5
  11. I'm jealous. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Don't be too jealous --- I'll be whining like a little bitch when I have to make RSO from 7-8 lbs of trim later....

• Like Like x 4
  13. I know you already got your beeswax but to answer your question, I like natural, unprocessed beeswax. The yellow stuff. The white wax has been processed and smells like chemicals to me and it carries over to the cream more than the yellow. Just my 2¢. :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Color me like your grower. My trimming family is all out of town. I'm trimming every waking minute trying to beat my harvest from drying out.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Yeah - the plan was to let them go until next week or a little later and take them down in stages. Cooler weather and rain came in about a week ago and the grower noticed some rot starting to appear so they all came down at once --- he has been trimming for 5 days straight. He lost a big chunk of his outdoor crop last year to rot - big soda can sized buds rotted to the stem - so he's being pretty careful this year. He wanted to get all the material off the sticks and on drying racks before they started to mold. Most people don't seem to realize how much time it takes to trim down those big beautiful plants....

• Like Like x 4
  16. After I got home, my son looked at my purchases. "You know you have beeswax upstairs, right? From your candles and stuff?" So, I told him to please go fetch. I know that the beeswax I thought I had and could not find was unprocessed. He, of course, then stated that he wasn't sure where it was in his room. The only ones I could find without mail ordering are white, but they are at least non-irradiated. They'll serve for while I am making practice batches for trial and error.

• Like Like x 4
  17. i saw some syrup on someone's ig feed that they claimed was made from bho, do you know how to make this? i've only found things for flower online so far and would love to try it!

18. Welcome to our discussion, georgiasouthern420.

I've done a few things with "syrups" and bho for small batches. It's not the easiest infusion but it's worth the extra effort. Here's 3 videos I've made using shatter to infuse some honey, some agave nectar and a grape syrup that dissolves in cold drinks. Take a look at them to see if it's what you had in mind. :)

Shatter/Dragon Infused Cannabis Agave Nectar for Recipes and General Purpose Use (w/video)Shatter/Dragon
    Infused Cannabis Honey for Recipes and General Purpose Use Post 10398
    (w/video)
    Shatter/Dragon Infused Grape Syrup (w/video)

• Like Like x 4
  19. this is perfect and exactly what i was looking for!!! thank you :)

• Like Like x 3